It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A World First? A.I. Drones may have hunted and killed humans on battlefield.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2021 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene

originally posted by: Gothmog

We are able to use inductive logic as well as deductive logic.

That is not very mystical and magical... you are saying, you can't program in- and de-ductive logic ???

You can't program a guess .

posted on Jun, 2 2021 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

A guess is just faulty or incomplete propability calculation

posted on Jun, 2 2021 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene

A guess is just faulty or incomplete propability calculation

The word is probability .
A guess is as often correct as incorrect.
And , if you were as up on computer systems as I am (and have to be) , you would absolutely agree.
AI is a marketing ploy just as "The Cloud" is.

posted on Jun, 2 2021 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Was this actual AI, or just automated processes?

Despite the constant conflation between the two, much like SARS-CoV-2 and covid, they are very different things.

Depending on which one (though we can pretty safely assume it wasnt AI), it presents a completely different set of problems.

posted on Jun, 3 2021 @ 06:12 AM
link   

I think google is an AI
they just dont tell us that
the whole time its been sitting there learning all of our behaviours

posted on Jun, 3 2021 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

Id say yes , we attract the field of consciousness , I think because we are made of living matter
I dont think AI will be conscious like us

Although I find it odd that we think AI are external from us , when in reality they are just another extension of our conscious just like there is no disconnect between the earth and all its life and the universe as a whole

posted on Jun, 3 2021 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
Funny how some believe in the infallibility of science in regards to the novel COVID virus, but don't have the same belief in the competence of military science to include a kill switch to stop the "machines" from becoming "Skynet".

Pretty sure this was likely the first question posed when designing and building drones came up.

Of course now you do have the hackers to worry about. Id be more worried about somebody hacking into and controling them than the drones becoming "sentient"

I think the problem with AI is that even if you have a kill switch, AI could conceivably fashion a 'work-around' to bypass it... if and when AI becomes... what do you say? Sentient?

posted on Jun, 3 2021 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
For the 1,000.000th time...
There IS NO AI .
Just better programming using better algorithms .
The "AI" today uses Google searches more than any "Intelligence"
It's still 0s and 1s flowing through logic gates
AND gate, OR gate, XOR gate, NAND gate, NOR gate, XNOR gate, and NOT gates .
Nothing magical or mystical to it .

(Goth says beating his head on a desk)

A lack of understanding concerning Quantum mechanics as well as advances in Remote Play and latency have largely diminished the dismissive views of A.I. as a practical application, beyond the Classical compute and Binary approach.

A couple years ago I would totally back your statement, now? Not so sure...

However, I don't think it's impossible to "program" death into a machine via binary.

posted on Jun, 3 2021 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

I just gave John Connors the heads up.

edit on 3-6-2021 by AugustusMasonicus because: Networkdude has no beer

posted on Jun, 3 2021 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Just wait until they start designing and building their own. We'll all be #ed then

posted on Jun, 13 2021 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

It's true.

And unfortunately fully autonomous drones are the only type that are likely to survive a peer or near peer battlefield.

We are tying our own hands In dangerous ways by refusing to let ours off the digital leash.

The biggest issue in this case is that datalinks are hellaciously vulnerable and also hellishly expensive.

Put in a more easy to understand framework, you can field anywhere between 10 and 100 fully autonomous drones with limited zip squeal callback for the cost of one full telemetry unit in most cases. In other cases it could be as high as a 500:1 ratio.

The MENA conflict zones have been silently evolving a panoply of drone weapons that while cheap are frighteningly capable

posted on Jun, 13 2021 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

The worst part is a majority of our antidrone "soft kill" measures we hand out to infantry and etc are utterly ineffective against something that operates autonomously.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join