It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden Speech at the Tulsa Race Massacre Memorial June-01-2021

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 02:42 PM
link   
President going to give a speech in Tulsa commemorating the Race Massacre in 1921.

What political tricks will he use ?

What Legislation will be proposed and/or suggested by Biden and other Leaders ?

Tulsa race massacre

The Tulsa race massacre took place on May 31 and June 1, 1921, when mobs of White residents, many of them deputized and given weapons by city officials, attacked Black residents and burned businesses of the Greenwood District in Tulsa, Oklahoma, US.[10] Alternatively known as the Black Wall Street massacre[11] or the Tulsa race riot,[12] it marks one of "the single worst incident(s) of racial violence in American history".[13] The attack, carried out on the ground and from private aircraft, destroyed more than 35 square blocks of the district – at that time the wealthiest Black community in the United States, known as "Black Wall Street".[14]

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen
All I can say is I can't for the life of me understand or comprehend what happened 100 years ago. Its sorrowful and a huge stain on our history. White folks acting like friggin' animals!

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: americanbuffalo1

Nevermind a 100 years ago, I feel the same way about the events of last year! Hell...more like the last two decades to be honest.

Those college campuses turned out some of the worst minded individuals in a generation. Now look at the mess we're in..🤮

edit on 6/1/2021 by EternalShadow because: eta

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 04:45 PM
link   

How have I never heard of this until this year? I am a well informed person and think they are dredging this up to just create further division and push a racist agenda through

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: HONROC

How have I never heard of this until this year? I am a well informed person and think they are dredging this up to just create further division and push a racist agenda through

Hegelian Dialectic with "equity" controlled opposition 😃

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 05:16 PM
link   

From 2016.

www.vox.com...

www.smithsonianmag.com...

From 2019

Lots more out there from previous years.

edit on 1-6-2021 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

This was never a mainstream thing. I am not saying if you drag the internet you can't find it. You can fid everything on the net. My point was this was never a mainstream thing that people observed the anniversary every year. Hell we had a black president that didn't even talk about this. There is an agenda behind this being brought up now and that agenda is further division and a racist agenda by the progressives.

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 06:10 PM
link   

I had heard of it and I haven't been within 3000 miles of the USA since 1998.

The MSM shy away from this kind of story because it scares its advertisers but, like all history. it's not secret.

It's not being dredged up to create division. It's a painful part of your history, important enough to need recognising and commemorating.

If you don't like it look away.

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Hell we had a black president that didn't even talk about this.

He did.

Did you notice the 90th anniversary commemoration?

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Whodathunkdatcheese

Can I ask this? How long must America have to pay for its past ? Look we had slaves, as did most other societies throughout history. The difference is we were the first western nation to go against the grain and say it was wrong and change it. It is funny to hear Biden and the dems feign disgust at white supremacy( and white supremacy is disgusting) when they are the party of KKK, and had their dear leader at one point be a former KKK Grand Wizard (Senator Byrd)and that guy is still a saint of the democrat party. Let me tell you what, the democrats are still the party of racism and white supremacy they have just changed their tactics. They make the people they don't want to be around call for the segregation, look how many black people call for spaces where only blacks can go and no whites are allowed, last I checked that was called segregation and the dems were for it then and are for it now.

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Whodathunkdatcheese

Your link is to a pay NY Times and no way will I subscribe to that.... nice try though

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: HONROC

It gained more mainstream recognition after it was featured in HBO's Watchmen. That doesn't mean it wasn't talked about before that.

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 06:39 PM
link   

The difference is we were the first western nation to go against the grain and say it was wrong and change it.

You may want to recheck your history. The US was actually one of the last Western nations to abolish slavery.

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Not true

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 06:48 PM
link   

France abolished slavery in 1794. Britain in 1807. Spain in 1811. Mexico in 1829.

Face it. The US was behind the times.

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchenj

Since VP Kamala Harris did such a good job of ignoring Illegal Alien/Migrant issues, Joe Biden has made her the CZAR of Voting Rights.

“With her leadership and your support, we're going to overcome again, I promise you, but it's going to take a hell of a lot of work,” Biden said.
Source: www.politico.com...

"We're going to overcome once again..."????

What's Joe taking about?

edit on 6/1/2021 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

France abolished slavery in 1794. Britain in 1807. Spain in 1811. Mexico in 1829.

White people abolished slavery

Did anyone else?

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak
Those barbary coast fellows, did they stop keeping slaves?

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

You lack.
Pennsylvania abolished slavery in 1780.
Even before the french.

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

face2faceafrica.com...

"Top 5 African countries where slavery is still rampant"

Not a peep about this, but "white people are eeevil"

new topics

top topics