It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

100th Anniversary Of The Tulsa Race Massacre.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2021 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: Scapegrace

So you have no problem with the removal of statues if Cofederate soldiers. I mean if it's pointless to remember a tragic event on its anniversary then it must be really pointless to continue memorializing a bunch of traitorous losers on a daily basis.

You're all about the removal of those statues while supporting throwing white people under the bus over the Tulsa Riots. You're totally contradicting your own statement. What you need to remember is that erasing history means it's bound to be repeated. Really says a lot that democrats are removing one part of their history while building onto a future that would be just as bad in 60 or 70 years. You don't see it, you don't have a problem with it, and that's exactly how they felt about it when they created the KKK and put up statues.

Congratulations.

posted on Jun, 3 2021 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

originally posted by: Dfairlite
a reply to: alldaylong

No, erasing history goes against my political ideology.

So symbols of Nazi Germany should not have been removed then ?

Confederates weren't Nazis. This is a perfect example of how erasing history and rewriting it can not only make you hate it unwarrantedly, but also repeat it from a different angle.

posted on Jun, 3 2021 @ 10:01 AM
link   

100%

This is exactly why the standards of yesterday can't be judged by the standards of today.

posted on Jun, 3 2021 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Sensitive is one thing totally missing the point being the only consequence now.

For you see there is a Hate hate hate narrative that these idiot Marxists keep pushing cause people like you want them to . The vocal BS spewing minority is going down of any color or nationality is what this light bringing event is precipitating.

You can hide under a bushel or shine like the sun on that passion to love one another.

a reply to: Justoneman

If the links i provided to the story offend you, then hard luck.

I can't compensate for you being sensitive.

posted on Jun, 3 2021 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

For you see there is a Hate hate hate narrative

Would you care to give an example of that in any of my posts on this thread ?

This could be interesting.

posted on Jun, 3 2021 @ 10:19 AM
link   

a reply to: LSU2018

The blacks opened fire on all the whites and killed 10 of them

That version depends on where you get your source of information.

a white man tried to disarm a black veteran, and a shot was fired. The riot began.

www.okhistory.org...

Wikipedia

This link contains tons of information in the content and has external links to show where they got their information from. In the opening details, it says the black men showed up armed, afraid that Rowland would be lynched because the day before that, a white guy had been lynched for similar reasons. Then a shot was fired and all hell broke loose. Further down in Section 3.4 "Taking Up Arms", it says that when the black men showed up armed, the white men left to get their guns. So I mixed the details by accident, but I still stand firm that both sides made bad decisions by showing up armed therefore the other side arming themselves as well.

posted on Jun, 3 2021 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: alldaylong

Every culture has a history riddled with horrors.

Not making any excuses.

Just saying that America is not immune to having horrors that it's people have committed upon others.

If reparations help, then give them whatever they want.

Reparations will never help. That's a temporary fix like getting drunk after your girl did you wrong. Once the buzz wears off, you're back to square one. Quickest way to get over it is to put it all in your rearview and never look back. However, if you're using it as your crutch to drink then you'll never move on.

I don't think we should ever put behind the horrors of the past, lest they be repeated. . .

We should put those feelings in the past. The longer they're dwelled upon, the longer this will continue. Reparations will never be enough to suffice for longer than the money lasts. Furthermore, it's not responsibility of the white race in America to pay for something very few of their ancestors did, to those who haven't suffered from slavery. In the 80's, 90's, and 00's when I was a child up through my 20's, things like this weren't dwelled upon and we'd reached minimum racial tensions. Those flood gates were opened back up when we couldn't disagree with the politics of Obama without being called a racist. That was the shot that started this division.

posted on Jun, 3 2021 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Where do you get the 'white race' (whatever TF that is) has to pay for what Tulsa did? The City of Tulsa and anyone profiting off the property should be paying since the former sanctioned it and the latter exploited it.

posted on Jun, 3 2021 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Where do you get the 'white race' (whatever TF that is) has to pay for what Tulsa did? The City of Tulsa and anyone profiting off the property should be paying since the former sanctioned it and the latter exploited it.

Well, for starters, the white race is a race composed of people who are Caucasian by birth, sometimes by political affiliation. Secondly, my response to reparations was about the reparations the democrats keep screaming about, not limited just to Tulsa. Like I said, reparations are a temporary fix. Either way, the Tulsa Riots were caused by bad decisions on both sides and should be seen as a lesson on what not to do.

posted on Jun, 3 2021 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aegeus
I'm so sick and tired of this BLM nonsense. It's making me want to hate, and I really don't want to hate anyone. "My ancestors were slaves, boo hoo!". Well, deal with it. It was part of history that most races have gone through at one point or another. In fact, some races STILL deal with it.

And guess what? Whites were also at one point slaves. In fact, the slave trade that happened in the U.S. is just a mere drop in the ocean compared to the slavery of whites.

All BLM is, is a tool to make whites look evil and suck as much money it can for those at the top of the BLM food chain. Just like that one idiot who bought million dollar homes! (And in white neighborhoods may I add!)

And what about blacks killing blacks? Cops killing blacks is again, just a drop in the ocean in comparison. "Oh but those facts are racist and not true!". Sure, cherry pick whatever you want to promote your bull..... When blacks start caring about other blacks I'll start caring. Until then, eff off.

(This isn't aimed towards anyone in this thread or ATS but BLM as a whole.)

posted on Jun, 3 2021 @ 11:03 AM
link   
My relatives nearly all live in Oklahoma and as a child living in NY I was shocked at their attitudes towards race. None lived near Tulsa nor was it ever mentioned but racism was alive and well in the 1960's and 70's in the Sooner state.

posted on Jun, 3 2021 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Ahh, maybe start your own thread, rather than deflect

posted on Jun, 3 2021 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Hmmmm... A nice little bait and switch there, from removing all nazi symbols to just statues of party leadership. Weird.

I guess if we are playing that game, "they" did not. We ordered it done.
edit on 3-6-2021 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2021 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak
The Confederates were dEmocrats

That’s not disputed

Traitorous losers indeed. Still to this very day.

So you would have no problem with Confederate Monuments and Flags being taken down then ?

As they go against your political ideology.

Meh

Wouldn’t bother me

The confederates were dEmocrats (as were the KKK)

The racists havnt changed sides, still the same hateful racists there today as they were back then

posted on Jun, 3 2021 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I can always rely on you for the ace comments.

Well, it seems we forgot we had a bunch of Nazi f**** here leading up to WW2. Some of them even stuck around after that.

True

Operation paper clip swelled the ranks of the dEmocrat party.

posted on Jun, 3 2021 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
Well, for starters, the white race is a race composed of people who are Caucasian by birth, sometimes by political affiliation.

You left out 'for convenience factor when required'. Not everyone who is considered white now was counted by old school whites back in the day.

Secondly, my response to reparations was about the reparations the democrats keep screaming about, not limited just to Tulsa.

The thread is about Tulsa, not some broad, whiney bitch fest about how Uncle Salty has to pay reparations for slavery.

Like I said, reparations are a temporary fix.

Whether they are or aren't isn't for anyone to deal with other than Tulsa and who the murdered and stole from.

Either way, the Tulsa Riots were caused by bad decisions on both sides and should be seen as a lesson on what not to do.

No, they were caused by a city-sanctioned, deputized mob murdering and destroying property proactively and wantonly.

edit on 3-6-2021 by AugustusMasonicus because: dey terk er election

posted on Jun, 3 2021 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
Hmmmm... A nice little bait and switch there, from removing all nazi symbols to just statues of party leadership. Weird.

I guess if we are playing that game, "they" did not. We ordered it done.

There are no Nazi monuments in Germany. Try again.

posted on Jun, 3 2021 @ 11:50 AM
link   

True

Operation paper clip swelled the ranks of the dEmocrat party.

Huh? Operation Paperclip came after WW2, the Bund was before.

It's like history is an incomprehensible subject on ATS.

posted on Jun, 3 2021 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Yeah that’s true

But then Nazis did swell the ranks of the dEms after the war. Birds of a feather.

Regardless. I agree with reparations for the Tulsa incident. It’s astounding this hasn’t been addressed by governments of the past.
It’s not a black vs white thing, it’s a wrong vs right.

posted on Jun, 3 2021 @ 11:57 AM
link   

But then Nazis did swell the ranks of the dEms after the war. Birds of a feather.

Citations?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join