It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tell me if you think this is weird

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Spending some time in the kitchen doing my thang, reinventing recipes and stuff, pretending I'm Gordon Ramsey.

It's spring going into summer, getting some houseflies now.

But these are the weirdest flies I've ever seen. Usually only Mr. Miyagi has the speed and prowess to catch these suckers. I have a generation of flies that...barely even react, if that.

These flies have no fear, no instinct for self-preservation!

They just crawl around on surfaces, barely even fly. They don't shoo away. I don't even have to wind up a swatter. They just take it!

What the hell?! Never seen houseflies like this!

Are they weak from the 'Rona? Nanobot spies? Is it an omen that my cherubic pranks are soon to end?

Really kind of freaked out by these lazy, sluggish bastards.

edit on 1-6-2021 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

I have occasionally seen random one-offs that seemed like they didn't care about anything, but don't recall ever seeing any groups where they all acted in that manner.

It does make me curious where exactly they came from. Maybe they were somehow drugged. Purely speculation, but maybe they had all been feeding on some sort of tainted meat, somewhere nearby...

eta: Sorry. I know no one wants to think about where the flies in your kitchen came from, and what they had been crawling on, but that's just what came to mind.

edit on 6/1/21 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 12:18 AM
link   
When traveling around I have seen flies that look like mosquitos and mosquitos that look like flies. I know it sounds weird, some of the diversity going out in the insect world does look weird. Heaps of local variations around.

As for your bugs being more than an insect, but a surveillance device as well, guess it is one thing to consider with all the technological expansion going on. Do you have an EMF detector that works up to the new 5G bands?

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 12:19 AM
link   

I like the nanobot idea.
Just go with that man!

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Flies are not bad yet here, but three years ago I moved in with a friend and the roaches he had had no fear, at all. They were mostly in the kitchen, but they were upstairs as well. On the shower curtain while I showered. I went to Food Lion and bought twelve Combat roach traps. Nine downstairs, one in each bedroom, one in upstairs bathroom. Three to four days later....all dead. Never saw another one for remainder of my time there, which was about a year.

I know it sounds aggravating but those sticky fly strips work great...good luck finding a good spot to hang them inside.

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 12:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: kwakakev

As for your bugs being more than an insect, but a surveillance device as well, guess it is one thing to consider with all the technological expansion going on....

I assume that would be fairly easy to determine, after you have smashed them.

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Does time of day have anything to do with it? In my camp in the mountains I don't have A/C. I notice that on cooler mornings the flies are more active, but on hot, sultry afternoons they tend to be sluggish, easier to kill with a swatter.

Maybe temperature or time of day play into this phenomenon.

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 12:42 AM
link   

The first flies and bees of the season will be weak because they been hibernating. They need sustenance asap. I usually leave them sugary water if i see any.

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 12:56 AM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles

Hmm one of my theories was that they were huffing around the recycle bin (empty beer cans.) If so, I've still never seen them sluggish like this before.

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Dude I agree. The other day I was sitting in my kitchen and I looked over at the chair next to me and there was this black piece of something. I was like "wtf is this black shi* on my chair?" So I picked it up between my thumb and forefinger intended to throw it away and it felt silky and weird!

I realized it was a massive fly that apparently was so full it couldn't fly so I threw it on the floor and smashed it with the chair leg and......

Holy crap man usually a fly has such little remains that its not even considered a mess on the floor until you mop....but this??? This was a mess that needed to be attended to ASAP because it was a big mess. Weird!

Also like you stated, lots of these asshmoles are so slow I can even flick them before they fly away! No need for my fly swatter or even the bug-a-salt gun!

edit on 6/1/2021 by Alien Abduct because: Corrected the auto corrector

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 02:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

I've never seen that before. I think I'm gonna have to get one.
Does it actually work good though?

eta: I see you can also get some High Performance Ammo lol

edit on 6/1/21 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 06:02 AM
link   

good time for my fly story.

So this fly is buzzing around, feeling hangry. Hangry is more then the normal "hungry", it's like when you can hear it happening. So as he's buzzing around, he notices a cow just dropped a large fresh steaming pile of poop. The fly thinks, this must be a sign from above, I'm going to eat like a fricking king! So he dives in. he eats until he can't eat anymore. He is stuffed. All he can think about is having a nice fly cigar and some fly bourbon. But first he has to get back to he fly pad. He tries to take off, but can't. he's just too heavy. He (being the quick thinker) pulled out his fly calculator and did some quick math on lift variables. He figures he can generate enough lift if he was to have enough altitude on takeoff. He looks around and notices a shovel leaning against a wheel barrow. Perfect! So he climbs up the handle, slowly, one little fly step at a time. Finally, he reaches the top. He smiles, spreads his little fly wings, and jumps. Splat. Fell straight to the ground and died.

The moral of the story?

It's always a bad idea to fly off the handle if you are full of sh!t.

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 06:11 AM
link   
I live in northern Michigan and last year there were almost no fruit flies about. Very odd.

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 06:59 AM
link   
At one time I lived in an underground house out in the woods. It did not even have a street address, being about half a mile down an unnamed private road, which was about a mile down the named-but-unpaved road from the paved county road.

If I woke up in the middle of the night, I would visit not only the bathroom, but the kitchen. Roaches would be out, and if I was quick, I could off about half a dozen of them before they all disappeared. Unlike urban, ghetto roaches, they were slow, though they looked much the same. Maybe it's the same with the flies...

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Been into your stash mate !!

😜

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 07:29 AM
link   
About every 3 weeks, 21 days, youll see them back...but they are leaving eggs....and all appear the same size, full grown...thats the clue.

'hate the damn things. Find the source. Remove it. Good luck

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Timely

Been into your stash mate !!

😜

Get your own!

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Sounds like they have been infected with the same lazy stupid apathy as the human race these days.

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: kwakakev
When traveling around I have seen flies that look like mosquitos and mosquitos that look like flies. I know it sounds weird, some of the diversity going out in the insect world does look weird. Heaps of local variations around.

As for your bugs being more than an insect, but a surveillance device as well, guess it is one thing to consider with all the technological expansion going on. Do you have an EMF detector that works up to the new 5G bands?

FBI flies. They suspect NarcolepticBuddah was near the Capitol on January 6th.

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Maybe it's still too cold although warm enough for them to fly a bit and grow?

But yes it's weird for flies to walk most of the time or else they would not be named after what they do: flying.

We would call them crawlers instead I think. Since they would not roam the domain of the skies, a lot of them would be squished.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join