It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Military families should not have to endure food insecurity

page: 2
11
<< 1   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: dandandat2
What happens when the people society has trained to kill on their behalf find that they can no longer feed their families?


They get jobs elsewhere.

Look, I respect the hell out of military folks, but let's be real blunt here... the US military hasn't fought to preserve America's freedoms or security since World War 2 with a brief exception of the initial assault on Afghanistan following 911. I really don't know why the leadership expects We the People to revere the freedoms and rights of residents in third world #holes to such a degree that we view it as on-par with fighting to defend the USA. I know the argument is "the interests of the USA" well, considering the personal interests of more than a few of the nation's "leaders" are about as perverse as it gets, I reject that argument entirely.

In short, don't feel like you get paid enough playing soldier? Don't sign up. Simple fix.



posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 01:52 PM
link   
The American soldier has been used as the goon squad for globalists for many years.... I hope going forward they understand that that without them the elite cant attain their goals...a reply to: Arnie123



posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigbrooklyn
I hope going forward they understand that that without them the elite cant attain their goals...



That was true decades ago... now with the development of drones, everything being computerized, and fresh off a global civilian freedom test in the name of a lab created virus (which the developed worlds' civilians miserably failed) it is clear that the clock is ticking on the expiration date of a human military's usefulness and requirement for the globalist elite agenda. The bastards can strike anywhere on Earth with the stroke of a key or the click of a mouse... the men and women in the military are now just for a combination of theatrics and to scratch the itch of world leaders who like to play army men.



posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies
a reply to: Boadicea

Just sayin'


Okay. I'm just sayin' too... on behalf of every soldier, sailor, pilot and marine that came home battered and broken and can't be arsed to care about folks kneeling for the anthem, but wish to God almighty that folks cared as much about their body, mind and spirit as they do about their pride and ego.



posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Thanks...nice response. We do know robotics are here and its just a matter of time before theyre unleashed.a reply to: burdman30ott6



posted on Jun, 2 2021 @ 04:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: dandandat2

a group of congressional leaders has sounded the alarm over an issue affecting military families: food insecurity,  an issue one would not normally associate with impacting service members and their families. Sens. Tammy Duckworth (D-Ill.) and Marsha Blackburn (R-Tenn.) recently reintroduced the Military Hunger Prevention Act, co-sponsored by a bipartisan group of 11 members, which was rejected on two previous attempts. It has a companion bill in the House.  

For many junior enlisted personnel, especially those at the three or four lowest enlisted pay grades, their housing allowance - Basic Allowance for Housing, or BAH - is considered income. By law, this allowance is supposed to cover, on average, 95 percent of housing costs including rent and utilities. The remaining 5 percent is theoretically left to the military family to pick up.     

Unfortunately, according to a recent lifestyle survey conducted by the military support group Blue Star Families, many families are paying more than $200 per month out of pocket for housing costs. Because of their low salary and the requirement to partially pay for housing costs, there is little left to pay for other essentials, including food

link



What happens when the people society has trained to kill on their behalf find that they can no longer feed their families?

Should society widen its social programs so they don't have to find out what happens?

If the military is one of the highest expenditures in our yearly budget why can't the US pay its military a living wage?

military members shouldn’t cheat on their spouses while overseas either, turns out we’re all human though and suffer just the same



posted on Jun, 2 2021 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Just reading a book on Operation Pedestal, which was a convoy to relieve Malta in WW2. People nowadays don't know what "food insecurity" is!
edit on 2/6/2021 by paraphi because: (no reason given)




top topics



 
11
<< 1   >>

log in

join