It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cyber Attack On JBS Shuts Down Meat Processing Across The World

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 02:12 AM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

Fair enough. In the way I grew up, no need any training to do that kind of thing. But never had the chance to practice it enough.

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 02:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv

originally posted by: Lumenari

Cyber attack, my ass.

I'm glad i know how to slaughter my own.

I was thinking the same thing.

My meat prices are effected by the price of a worm, the price of an arrow, the price of a bullet.

So this doesn't effect me at all.

I use a big Bowie knife that I inherited from my father to kill and a set of paid for Victorinox butchering knives to process. Don't even need a bullet.

I do small ruminates; goats, sheep. Never have put down a cow or a pig ... yet. But I have a neighbor who's willing to teach me. Looking forward to that experience.

Ain't nuthin I haven't prepared from a rattler to a black bear.

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 03:12 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Glad I know how to hunt and butcher my own.
Open season on wild hogs up here.

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Cyber attack, my ass.

Good thing I recently got my firearms license and the hills, valleys and mountains around here are crawling with Sambar and Fallow deer along with a number of private properties I can get them and kangaroos on and am lucky enough to have people to show me how to do it all.

Cyber attack indeed...

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Cyber attack, my ass.

I don't see how a cyber attack can stop a bunch of minimum wage workers
standing around a table butchering chickens with knives from continuing to work

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Oh my god, I just looked out back and all the cows are frozen still and have a blinking hour glass over their head! I’m heading to the butcher now to see if he’s locked up too. Lol
edit on 1-6-2021 by TexasTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I had an Impossible Whopper (it's not meat) last week. Wasn't bad.

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
a reply to: putnam6

My off the wall crazy ATSer thoughts are to watch them demand payout in cryptocurrency and the feds crackdown and regulate the hell out of it.

That is a thought ,

I know it's off the basic topic and, it is off the wall crazy too boot, but we are in some off the wall crazy times too. Even if it wasn't facilitated by TPTB if ransom for crypto becomes prevalent, I could see TPTB use it as an excuse to crack down and regulate the hell out of crypto. Just seeing China's and the US's recent obsession with cryptocurrency, and their own digital versions.

Kind of like using a virus that kills less than 3%, to shut down the economies of Countries States, and Provinces and manipulate and control the public. Impacting far more people than would have been impacted by the virus alone.

Ironic COVID and these recent hacks both are based on a virus. Damn Jeff Goldblum and Independence Day the movie.
edit on 1-6-2021 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: kwakakev
Looks like another test run for Cyber Polygon. It is a tricky job for the globalists to take down the public communications while keeping their essential services running.

The DNS servers are one weak spot on the internet. If any sites or services you use have a fixed IP address, start making a list of them. If there is still some communication infrastructure left it might get through?

Here is a few to help get started:

198.15.108.202 abovetopsecret.com
45.89.97.6 naturalnews.com
67.20.81.143 crowhouse.com

This is what I think is likely.

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

I know it's off the basic topic and, it is off the wall crazy too boot

I wouldn't say that .
I go all in for off the wall sometimes.

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Meaning : It wasn't good.

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 10:40 AM
link   

It was indistinguishable from the regular meat Whopper, unless you took it out of the bun and tasted it.

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 10:44 AM
link   

It was indistinguishable from the regular meat Whopper, unless you took it out of the bun and tasted it.

I like me some Whoppers.
In fact , I may just take a trip now .
No veggie style , though.
My entire body is set up to be omnivorous .

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Some moron opened a spam email at work and infected the entire companies computer system.

I have opened on a safe computer spam emails labeled "You like my nude photos?"
and this is what happens

It's known as Avaddon ransomware.
www.bleepingcomputer.com...

if its spam never open it unless you have a very good VM ware and are running linux.

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

This is what happens when you get a guy who knows the insides and out of an OS buying up agriculture and farmland telling the world there will be less meat. Probably paid off some poor schmuck incase he loses his job.

Don't be surprised, fully orchestrated. To buy more farm land at a discount. Cause of chaos.

Inside man = Bill Gates

These hacks can be resolved by unplugging he modem, rebooting into safe mode and clearing internet cache/deleting and a temp folder. Because they are not live hacks only scripts that frontload as a webpage with overlay permissions in essence. (Always be in front). This makes the victim think the computer is locked up when it's not. But it does block menu selection so you have to do a force shutdown.

edit on 1-6-2021 by BlackArrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 12:10 PM
link   
If you get a crypto encryption ransomware, then that system is toast until you wipe it and reinstall the OS from scratch.

I went to school for networking and security.

Once a system is compromised, it remains compromised until you take it's brain out, and put a fresh brain in.
That's how I see it.

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Archivalist
It's even easier then that, master/slave booting. This is literally the most common hack in the world. It isn't even a hack it's a front loaded webpage with "always on top" permissions.

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
I'm going to go with run of the mill hackers looking for money.

Most likely.

This is easily preventable but the companies in question are operating under assumed risk, they'd rather not drop the $500,000-$1,000,000 it would take to QC their systems and are willing to roll with it until incidents like this happen.

If you could see a little bit behind the FinTech/IMS curtain you'd go back to paying all your bills by mail.

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 02:52 PM
link   
News outlets are reporting that this ... ahem ... "attack" has disrupted 1/5 of the US supply of beef.

Go figure!

Very interesting story, thanks for reporting OP.

Wonder if the "hackers" have cashed in the bitcoins the CIA or other nefarious control groups payed them to do this.

There are NO coincidences in my mind. I believe that there is a subtle and sophisticated operation that is targeting "meat eaters" and attempting to rein in that industry.

We have seen mention made to this in political circles.
We have seen ramping up of protests.
We have seen this as a trending social media subject.
Restaurant owners in some places seem to be getting with the program.
Now "those naughty hackers" are in on the game.

By the way it seems that hackers have become very eager and effective handymen/implements of disrupting diverse areas of supply chains and infrastructure. Hummm...wonder what that's all about. Why attack such places as meat processing plants and oil pipelines. Not a bright way to go about things if maximizing your payout is of interest to you, which seems like kinda should be to a typical cybercriminal. Anyone heard of any hacks lately at JPMorgan, stock markets, financial institutions, you know, places that actually have a lot of cash to be extorted out of?

All of this is done with intentions of sending messages and influencing the game at the geopolitical level. Fact. Only questions are who is sending the message (to whom) and what are they on about.

Why are we still vulnerable to this in 2021?

o_O

No secret that IT and syssec are often executed in a sub-par manner, and with curiously low budgets, and shockingly even at places where one would figure cyber security MUST be front and center to avoid outages in critical infrastructure and systems. Part of me feels that there is also another angle, which is that some places are deliberately not locked down as efficiently or completely as they could be, and these provide convenient .... outlet valves .... signal switches .... knobs and levers that can be used to shape policy, elicit certain responses in the population or global markets, i.e. round up the herd.

Unfortunately I think all of this "disruption" will only become worse. Inevitably it will end up hitting the electricity grid, and maybe that's when buttoning up America's infrastructure will become a serious priority. Nothing mobilizes waves of p!ssed off constituents like losing power (see the wake of Hurricane Irene and the kerfuffle over the weeks it took getting power restored on Long Island)
edit on 1-6-2021 by SleeperHasAwakened because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

If you could see a little bit behind the FinTech/IMS curtain you'd go back to paying all your bills by mail.

Old guard, startups, or both?

I know Stripe is a huge up and commer that is already the largest privately held company (I think, valued at 100b). Curious if they're really worth the hype.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join