It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus said, “Give to him that asketh thee. . . "

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2021 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Who is the sermon on the mount spken to? Why is Jesus teaching these commands to them? What were the reasons for these commands? When will these commands be implemented?

One verse here is turn the other cheek. why is that? Let me answer, In the kingdom (and if you read Isaiah, some of it has to do with he Millennial kingdom) If someone even thinks of going out and stealing their house is brought down on them Immediately. the same with the striker on the cheek if he strike you and it is unjustified, before you are able to turn that other cheek he will be judged.

I have encouraged you to learn how to "rightly divide" This is one of those sections.

You either have full compliance to do all the commands of Jesus or non compliance. I stand on comparing scriptures and where Jesus Commands agree with the revelation Jesus gave Paul then it is a command for us today. If not it is for Israel in the Kingdom.

edit on 5/31/2021 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2021 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: pthena

Not Bible.

posted on May, 31 2021 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

I can do it with all those commands in Matthew 5 a majority of them are not for the church today. there are a few but that is where they agree with Jesus Revelation to Paul, and Paul recorded them for the church today.

But again you are qualifying something Jesus did not qualify or command you to qualify. Very important not to add or take away from God's word.

The reason i bring this up is because not everything Jesus taught or commanded before his death is for the church today. It didn't even fit for them at that time. I would have had to wait after the tribulation, that could have came 7 years after his resurrection but instead the Pharisees and the Sadducees stoned Stephen and that led to the stetting aside for a time, a gap no one was expecting and it is called the church age we are in now.

posted on May, 31 2021 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Again you are qualifying something Jesus did not qualify.

If we follow it literally when I ask you to give me your car. You are not to qualify or judge it, you are simple told to give it.

There is an underlying reason for these commands that most overlook and it has to do with preparing Israel for their kingdom promised that never really happened in all the year since their calling out of Egypt.

posted on May, 31 2021 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

Well context is why we assume it is a need.

I would suggest -- and practice myself -- to assume nothing where the Lord's word is concerned. Rather, if the words are not clear to me, I would suggest taking the path of Mother Mary and pondering His words. I would also suggest that the Lord's words may have many meanings and applications.

...but further context puts thee rules on a group of people, namely Israel, to practice in the knigdom.

To the extent that Jesus was speaking to His purpose in fulfilling the law -- not changing the law -- yes, He was speaking to and of His people, the people of Israel. However, He was also speaking specifically to His Apostles, His chosen ones, in how they should conduct themselves in their ministries to come. And to a greater extent, He was speaking to every man, woman and child -- Jew, Gentile, or other -- then and now and forever.

posted on May, 31 2021 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Again you are qualifying something Jesus did not qualify.

I am not qualifying anything. I am giving examples of how I might fulfill Jesus' unqualified words. Jesus said to "give". These are ways I might "give" in a certain situation.

Or are you actually stating that Jesus wants me to commit murder if someone asks me to?

If we follow it literally when I ask you to give me your car. You are not to qualify or judge it, you are simple told to give it.

Not at all. YOU are stating I must take it "literally" and "specifically." Not Jesus. I am told to "give" to one who asks. Jesus does not specify or qualify what or how I must give. Jesus leaves the "giving" up to us.

If someone asks me for a cookie, but I only have cupcakes, should I not give them the cupcakes that I have?

More important, if someone asks me for bread and water, am I forbidden from giving them a sandwich and milk?

Jesus left it to us to choose how we can best "give" when the opportunity presents itself.

There is an underlying reason for these commands that most overlook and it has to do with preparing Israel for their kingdom promised that never really happened in all the year since their calling out of Egypt.

Forgive for me not believing that you know what Jesus really meant. I trust that Jesus said what He meant and meant what He said.

I would also suggest that this is more of an instruction than a commandment, as Jesus specifically gave only one new commandment -- John 13:34-35.

posted on May, 31 2021 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Um, when you make a judgement on if it is a need or not, that is qualifying.

Jesus give to him that asks. He did not say give only if they meet A B or C.

If you do believe what Jesus Said where he said it then never for get to give when someone asks because that is what it says.

posted on May, 31 2021 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Um, when you make a judgement on if it is a need or not, that is qualifying.

I didn't make such a judgment. I never said anything about "need." I offered ways that I could "give" when "asked" irregardless of need..

Jesus give to him that asks. He did not say give only if they meet A B or C.

And I never even hinted otherwise. I did not qualify the request, or their need for it, but only spoke to what I could/would give.

Jesus knows and I know that I can only give what is mine to give. For example, if someone asked me to give them your vehicle, I would refuse because it's not mine to give, and it would be breaking the commandment not to steal. (And, of course, the person asking would be breaking the commandment to not covet thy neighbor's things).

If you do believe what Jesus Said where he said it then never for get to give when someone asks because that is what it says.

I do give. Perhaps not exactly what they want or wish for or ask for, but I do give as I am able.

posted on May, 31 2021 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

“Matthew 18:9 And if your eye causes you to sin, gouge it ...
biblehub.comwww.biblehub.com...
If your right eye causes you to sin, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell. Mark 9:47 And if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out.”

So, have you plucked out your eye, it’s a commandment
Have you
It’s a command, are you that silly
Literally plucked out your eye
You know there is a lot of hyperbole used in the bible, it’s not all literal

posted on May, 31 2021 @ 06:19 PM
link   

There is only one law, love others

Romans 13:8-13 NIV - Love Fulfills the Law - Let no debt ...
//www.biblegateway.com
8 Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for whoever loves others has fulfilled the law. 9 The commandments, "You shall not commit adultery," "You shall not murder," "You shall not steal," "You shall not covet,"[ a] and whatever other command there may be, are summed up in this one command: "Love your neighbor as yourself."[ b] 10 Love does no harm to a neighbor.

The bible is clear, If Christians love others they are fulfilling the law. We are saved by faith and grace and the work Jesus accomplished, not works or laws. Love causes no harm and giving random strangers a $1000.00 is not love, it’s dumb

posted on May, 31 2021 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Yes. And that is worth repeating.

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 02:50 AM
link   
For it is written :

“There is treasure to be desired and oil in the dwelling of the wise; but a foolish man spendeth it up.”

Proverbs 21:20
Are you asking me to be a foolish man ?
I am not a foolish man .

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 03:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

This does resolve into two laws, of course; Love God, love your neighbour.
It's worth keeping them separate, because otherwise modern man is prone to forget the first, which is really the key to the second.

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 04:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI

originally posted by: Raggedyman

This does resolve into two laws, of course; Love God, love your neighbour.
It's worth keeping them separate, because otherwise modern man is prone to forget the first, which is really the key to the second.

Well technically, scriptually, not going to argue with the semantics but

God's One Law For All Mankind: - "LOVE ALL PEOPLE AS ...
Search domain loveallpeople.orgwww.loveallpeople.org...
Other Scriptures also tell us that love for others is the most important thing. "Love For Others Fulfills The Law" Galatians 5:14 (RSV) For the whole law is fulfilled in one word, "You shall love your neighbor as yourself."

So if you read that site linked, you could note that loving others is my evidence of loving and serving God
Loving others as commanded is fulfilling my service of loving God, so
The key to loving God is loving others first as I understand, not vice versa

edit on 1-6-2021 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 04:55 AM
link   
I suggest, though, that failure to love God is the real root of our failure to love one another. The story of Cain and Abel could not happen without the preceding events of Eden, because that was where the individual human will began to exalt itself against the outside world.
That's why modern man goes astray when he tries to focus on "Jesus was a good teacher" in terms of human relations alone.

posted on Jun, 2 2021 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Now you see why these cannot be followed today.

posted on Jun, 3 2021 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

"I suggest, though, that failure to love God is the real root of our failure to love one another. "

If the mind is incapable of unconditional love then we must love God with all our heart (soul). With Gods grace, the minds will and Fathers will become one. Allowing us to unconfitionally love all with his love ....

“For God is really not lovable, since he is above all love and lovableness. How then should one love God? You should love God mindlessly, this is, so that your soul is without mind and free from all mental activities, for as long as your soul is operating like a mind, so long does it have images and representations. But as long as it has images, it has intermediaries, and as long as it has intermediaries, it has neither oneness nor simplicity. And therefore your soul should be bare of all mind and should stay there without mind. For if you love God as he is God or mind or person or picture, all that must be dropped. How then shall you love him? You should love him as he is, a not-God, not-mind, not-person, not-image – even more, as he is a pure, clear One, separate from all twoness. And we should sink eternally from something to nothing into this One. May God help us to do this. Amen.”

--Meister Eckhart

top topics

<< 1   >>

join