It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Own Personal Mandela Effect Moment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2021 @ 08:31 PM
link   
So I recently discovered there was such a thing as star wars comics and i've been reading through the tales of the Jedi series. There's a character that figured prominently through about ten issues of the series whose name I read as Naga Shadow. I read those yesterday. Today i was reading through a later issue and they mentioned the character again...except his name looked strange. It wasn't Naga Shadow, it was Naga Sadow. They mentioned his name a few more times and thinking maybe it was a mistake, i went back to the ones I read yesterday, sure enough, my brain had been tricking me. It had always been Sadow.

I managed to read through 10 issues of that comic and not even realize the whole time the word i was reading was not Shadow.

What's odd to me though is, now that i've noticed it, i can't unnotice it. It stands out very clearly.

I dunno, just goes to show how your brain can just fill in details it believes should be there without you noticing....until you do...then you can't stop noticing.

posted on May, 30 2021 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

Only Mandela mindfunk I've had was Billy Graham's death. In MY world, he's died twice.

Can't explain it, but I remember seeing on the glowing screen he died around 2005-2007, then he dies again a few years ago.

Mind......funk.....

BTW, I loved Shadows of the Empire, and not the N64 game, man the controls sucked.

posted on May, 30 2021 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Yeah, Naga Sadow is mentioned in the Knights of the old republic video games as well, specifically the second game which takes place on Korriban for a chapter in which I believe his tomb is situated in. I haven't read the comics so I am ignorant to them yet I do vividly remember the tomb of Naga Sadow even though it's been many years.

Heh, life is weird, I have had many instances that were similar throughout the years.

posted on May, 30 2021 @ 09:57 PM
link   
My brain plays this kind of trick on me all the time when I am proofing. It's how I know that I'm starting to fatigue and not as sharp as I was.

posted on May, 30 2021 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: EdisonintheFM

I had a personal mandela effect. A friend called me up last year around this time and asked if I knew Jerry was alive. I said he died like 5 years ago and he said thats what he thought too. I even had a drink with his son at the bar since the time we all thought he was dead and surely offered my condolences to him at that time. Nonetheless my friend saw him, alive and well.

posted on May, 30 2021 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: RussianSpy

The KOTOR games are some of my favourite RPGs of all time. To be honest, i like the story in them better than the the actual star wars movies.

The comics so far have been actually pretty amazing. The artwork is great. It reminds me of Ralph bakshi movies or heavy metal comics. The stories are actually pretty dark. It's pretty trippy, i've always liked those settings that combine fantasy and medieval technology with futuristic settings, and the comics explain a lot about how #ed up the star wars universe actually is.

I was pretty over star wars. Like i was done, sick of it and these comics have gotten me excited about the universe again the way KOTOR did.

posted on May, 30 2021 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Yeah, personally the newer movies have irked me quite a bit, the originals were amazing and prequels to an extent of course weren't that bad but I can honestly admit I haven't seen a Star Wars film since I saw The Force Awakens I believe? Directed by JJ Abrams I believe due to the excess lens flare. It's interesting that the comics take an entirely different perspective and had no idea, great information!

posted on May, 30 2021 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: RussianSpy

I made it about a half hour through the first Disney sequel and fell asleep. I don't usually fall asleep during movies, from the part i seen, it was basically a reboot of a new hope with PC approved actors. Haven't followed much star wars stuff since then. I was kind of done with it before that. There hadn't been a ton of good games, i think battlefront was the last one i really liked or bothered with, like the original ps2 one, i guess there's a bunch of sequels and such now. That old republic mmo looks kinda cool, but i don't do the mmo thing. I found most of the prequel movies to be Meh, wasn't a fan of the redone versions of the original movies despite seeing them all in theatre. Then they had to go and cut that guy that got like 20 seconds of screen time as anakin's ghost and replace him with that whiny bastard from the prequels and now that i've learned of this whole wider star wars universe of comics and stories and also learned how Disney basically #ed that #...

Well i dislike Disney even more now..

On a completely unrelated note...i still can't believe i live in a world where Disney owns the Simpsons...that's some Mandela # all on its own.
edit on 30/5/2021 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2021 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Happens to ma all of the time DogAteAte...

Loookes lyke wweir stock ina Mandellla unyversy.

posted on May, 31 2021 @ 06:09 AM
link   
I have a not so personal theory about this kind of stuff.

I think the final battle of the 2 sides "up there" started a while ago and the battlefield is time.

One side trying to develop a godless timeline realty. When they fail, they just jump to other timeline and continue with their plan. The other side is only waiting for "the end of times", and you know who is there.

I believe timelines are not parallel, they all go towards a center, all at same speed and eventually will meet the center.

Besides the "Mandela experiences" reported, you may notice how people that you know for years dramatically changed their personality and thoughts.

Of course, you don't need to believe me. It's just how I see the things.

posted on May, 31 2021 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: drewlander

It happens, for sure, but it seems those who experience it have...different... I don't know how to word this...in my bubble it was Graham, and there's been others but I can't recall, but in your case it was someone else...makes me wonder if there really is a multiverse and they bleed over from time to time.

Or maybe tech such as LHC has an effect on timelines.

posted on May, 31 2021 @ 02:22 PM
link   
This has happened like others wrote when being tired. Brain memorizes a wrong word and you keep detecting it like that.

posted on May, 31 2021 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I had a plumber come over on Friday to clean out the houses clean out for roots and we stomped around in the 3 inch high vines looking for the white cap where it's located and neither one of us could find it.

He left and said he would be back on Tuesday once I found it and cleared the area out. .

I and my wife looked from the Jeep as we were pulling out that same Friday and she was like "you'll just have to weed whack it 'til you find it"

I went out on Saturday to clear the area out and there it was sticking up 8 inches from the ground. Not even a tricky area either.

she just shook her head, it wasn't there the day before.

Frekkin weird I tell ya.

top topics

join