It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Pentagon Destroyed Emails Of Luis Elizondo: Here's How It Went Down

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2021 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

Think the most interesting aspect of the story to me was this tidbit.

Gough’s background prior to commenting on UAPs for the Pentagon has not made her popular to many online UFO “‘D’isclosure” advocates. In 2003, she authored a Strategy Research Project where she wrote that the  “orchestrated combination” of public diplomacy, psychological operations (PsyOps), and public affairs is the definition of what is called “strategic influence.

Pentago n Destroyed E-mails Of Former Intelligence Official Tied To UFO Investigation Claims

posted on May, 31 2021 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: karl 12

BAH !!!
It's:
Not Secret Anymore

Its even on Linked In.
edit on 31-5-2021 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2021 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Oh good lord....im so tired of hearing " its a PSY OP!!!!"
The ufo community has got to be the most paranoid group of people alive. Believe what you will but maybe some people are just actually trying to get info out of the Pentagon.

posted on May, 31 2021 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: gnarkill1529

Believe what you will

Why thanks for giving me permission to do that.

Regarding Gough, do remember thinking it smelled a bit fishy at the time (along with everyone else) when the unprecedented step was suddenly taken to give a 'Public Affairs Officer' sole authority on official commentary for Unidentified Aerial Phenomena.

Like this article asks 'why would the OSD PAO speak for all branches of the government? (and why was she thwarting UFO FOIA requests?).

Now it comes out she's been involved in 'strategic influence' research involving 'orchestrated combinations of public diplomacy, psychological operations and public affairs' and you don't think that's in any way relevant or noteworthy?

In fact, after looking at the background of all the early players in the TTSA/AATIP soap opera then I'd say there are some pretty legitimate grounds for concern.

Would also say there's lots of pent up frustration and giddy anticipation (and faith based proselytising) going on so probably best to try to remain objective.

• There's a reply here to your other post about some of the factual information being presented by Daniel Liszt.

edit on 31-5-2021 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2021 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Cough Booz Allen Hamilton
Cough Not Secure Anymore

They couldn't work out who Snowden worked for initially as the lines were so blurry.

Co-incidently- a book on the must read list was authored by one of their former associates:
"An Introduction to Planetary Defence"

edit on 31-5-2021 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2021 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Not deleted , per se , but backed up to a server somewhere before his Federal government email was deleted.
This is standard procedure everywhere when someone leaves an agency or business .

Watch the video or he'll even read the OP. That has been answered.

posted on May, 31 2021 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

Not deleted , per se , but backed up to a server somewhere before his Federal government email was deleted.
This is standard procedure everywhere when someone leaves an agency or business .

In that case , they found nothing of value .

posted on May, 31 2021 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Just to play devils advocate...records management and the rules thereof aren't exactly held to the greatest of standards in many of the cases I have seen.

The rules that govern records management are only about as good as how well the retention staff is at obeying the guidelines and the ability to retain the records sustainably.

If they are underpaid, understaffed and with poor oversight or managment...as most agencies usually are...then mistakes will be made, even in the realm of TS and up. Digital documentation in particular, why else would you have just about everyone in DC hosting their own mail server back in 2010 and up if they didn't know the vagaries and data limitations that made it impossible to retain records similar to physical documentation?

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 12:35 AM
link   

In that case , they found nothing of value .

You said...

I said it's been covered in the video.

The standard procedure is no deletion until after seven years for normal non classified employees or ex employee's records. This includes emails as stated in the documents. Elizondo's emails should not have been deleted until the earliest of October 2024. Further, Elizondo claims that since he was the director of AATIP that his records including emails should according to policy been permanently kept. Not deleted.

Its kinda weird that they suddenly deleted them prematurely when Greenwald started poking around don't you think?

Please watch the video.

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Its kinda weird that they suddenly deleted them prematurely when Greenwald started poking around don't you think?
It's weird if it's not a psy-op, but, it Elizondo and Mellon are running a psy-op, then I would say it's not weird at all, it seems consistent with the psy-op hypothesis. The actual e-mails may not support the psy-op they are trying to run so best to delete them.

John Greenewald of the Black Vault talks about the psy-op hypothesis here:

Why Are UFO Leaks Happening?

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur

It's weird if it's not a psy-op, but, it Elizondo and Mellon are running a psy-op, then I would say it's not weird at all, it seems consistent with the psy-op hypothesis. The actual e-mails may not support the psy-op they are trying to run so best to delete them.

You're right. It's certainly looking that way.

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Why exactly do you think someone like Chris Mellon would be running a psy-op, against the US populace, that there are fantastical craft of unknown origin operating in US airspace?

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 06:48 PM
link   

The ufo community has got to be the most paranoid group of people alive. Believe what you will but maybe some people are just actually trying to get info out of the Pentagon.

No offense but how old are you and how long have you been into the subject? Peoples careers and lives have been ruined by the federal government in relation to this subject. See = Mirageman.
There is absolutely reason to question everything and everyone involved.

You act as if False Flags, manipulation of MSM via mockingbird never happened.

posted on Jun, 2 2021 @ 01:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublant
Why exactly do you think someone like Chris Mellon would be running a psy-op, against the US populace, that there are fantastical craft of unknown origin operating in US airspace?
That's not how I would characterize the psy-op. Watch the video by Greenewald who gives a more apt description which is along the lines that we have very competent people in the government and military who for whatever reason seem to want people to think they are incompetent, though I can't say whether the motivations he speculates are correct, there could be others too. To clarify why I dispute your characterization of what Mellon is doing, I offer into evidence this image of him talking about fantastical craft of unknown origin that are clearly not US Experimental aircraft, while making himself look like a complete idiot by showing a picture of a mylar balloon while saying this. So is he completely incompetent, or just pretending to be incompetent consistent with Greenewald's hypothesis? (though Greenewald doesn't mention Mellon by name, but i think this is another example).

So why is Mellon showing a mylar balloon and talking about impossible performance? It does make him seem incompetent, but if Greenewald's hypothesis is correct, that's the idea, same idea with trying to make people think they couldn't ID a batman balloon, making them seem incompetent:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

originally posted by: Ectoplasm8
a reply to: Lucidparadox

So alien beings just happen to create a spacecraft with the exact same design as the Batman balloon as shown?
The list of apparent complete incompetence goes on and on, all the hyped up claims of the three videos released by the pentagon have been completely debunked, Mellon has been a part of spreading that nonsense claiming those three videos show interesting performance when they don't. But Greenewald doesn't believe that they are incompetent, just pretending, which could be true, it's just a hypothesis which will be hard to prove unless they release documents 40 years from now saying what they were really up to in 2007-2021. I find it almost impossible to believe they are as incompetent as they pretend to be, so that's why Greenewald's idea makes sense to me.

Here's another possible motive for the psy-op, besides the motives Greenewald mentioned, stress the "threat" narrative. Why do that? One possibility might be to seek more funding for military projects to defend against the "threat". Some speculate the involvement of the inspector General may have something to do with this, but I'm not sure about that; the IG's involvement is interesting though. This article talks about the "threat" narrative.

Unvarnished overview of the current UFO phenomena

By this spring, the imminent report, and prodding from Mellon and Kean, prompted another round of uncritical media coverage. Kean and Elizondo were profiled in the aforementioned credulous New Yorker article tied to the congressional report Mellon had lobbied for. Within days, Elizondo and Mellon, who left TTSA for their own unnamed new national security UFO venture, were everywhere in the media, from 60 Minutes to CNN, reinforcing the Pentagon and UFO threat narrative skeptics did not recognize.

The threat narrative was a brilliant bit of framing, turning a story of poltergeist hunters battling a cabal of demon-believers into a national security issue. But this influence campaign masks the deeper transformation its advocates want to bring about: Puthoff and his colleagues seek to delegitimize material science in favor of a magical, neo-medieval view of reality founded on spirit, or, in their terms, security issue. But this influence campaign masks the deeper transformation its advocates want to bring about: Puthoff and his colleagues seek to delegitimize material science in favor of a magical, neo-medieval view of reality founded on spirit, or, in their terms, “consciousness” and psychic powers. Elizondo still speaks of demon cabals, otherworldly beings, and UFOs operating beyond human perception, just not on 60 Minutes. UFOs, newly relevant as a security threat, are only the vanguard of a larger effort to undo the failure of Stargate and elevate spirit over matter. It’s bad science and dangerous as government policy, the kind of magical thinking that leads to lunacy and disaster.

CBS’s David Pogue literally chuckled during his Sunday Morning UFO report, telling viewers we should “live and let live” and not challenge UFO believers. Klein and Lewis-Kraus said they would be sad without a UFO mystery to enjoy. HBO Max announced a valorizing biopic about Kean,

Elizondo, and Mellon. So long as a compliant media plays along with the “fun” of UFOs, the clumsy effort to use them to break down modern science continues unabated. And Bigelow is prepared: Blumenthal recently gave him a lavish New York Times profile to launch his new think tank for “consciousness science” and afterlife studies. Bigelow appointed Hal Puthoff, members of the “invisible college,” and Leslie Kean.

edit on 202162 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Jun, 2 2021 @ 08:12 AM
link   

That's not how I would characterize the psy-op. Watch the video by Greenewald who gives a more apt description which is along the lines that we have very competent people in the government and military who for whatever reason seem to want people to think they are incompetent, though I can't say whether the motivations he speculates are correct, there could be others too. To clarify why I dispute your characterization of what Mellon is doing, I offer into evidence this image of him talking about fantastical craft of unknown origin that are clearly not US Experimental aircraft, while making himself look like a complete idiot by showing a picture of a mylar balloon while saying this. So is he completely incompetent, or just pretending to be incompetent consistent with Greenewald's hypothesis? (though Greenewald doesn't mention Mellon by name, but i think this is another example).

So making a mistake (for whatever reaon) in a PR presentation makes one a complete idiot and/or completely incompetent?

Mellon has always been considered a centrist and bipartisan. That's why he was part of Bill Cohen's transition team. (Cohen being a Republican SecDef working for a Democratic POTUS.) He also worked for George W. Bush admin. Later he was the highest ranked Democratic intelligence staffer in the Senate.

With Mellon as a last name and a Masters from Yale he could've pretty much written his own ticket. To me, nothing in his life and career speaks of someone willing to run a UFO PsyOp. You think differently, but to me you haven't given any reasonable motive or pattern of behavior to justify that.

Now if someone could find out if Mellon is a Bonesman, or a member of any of the Big Three, that would be interesting.

posted on Jun, 2 2021 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skyhigh00

No offense but how old are you and how long have you been into the subject? Peoples careers and lives have been ruined by the federal government in relation to this subject. See = Mirageman.

You act as if everyone trying to get the truth out is a part of PsyOp and a conspiracy, apparently revolving around 22 million dollars of government spending in Nevada, somehow orchestrated by a Edward R. Murrow Award winning journalist, former Senate majority leader and former White House chief of staff and presidential campaign chairman.

Ever think that Mockingbird and other operations were designed to create people who think like that?

posted on Jun, 2 2021 @ 08:39 AM
link   

So making a mistake (for whatever reaon) in a PR presentation makes one a complete idiot and/or completely incompetent?
According to Greenewald's hypothesis, they are just pretending to be completely incompetent. Not one person, and not one mistake, but mistake after mistake after mistake, like supporting the proven false claims about the three videos released by the pentagon. I don't know Mellon's motives, in fact I don't know for sure if he's pretending. I suppose it's possible he's not pretending, but, I doubt it. All the "alleged pretenders" like him seem smarter than they are pretending to be when they promote the debunked claims about many other things like the 3 videos released by the pentagon, so it's not just one mistake, it's a pattern. Mellon was supporting all these debunked claims on these videos:

Pentagon officially released 'UFO' videos: BUSTED (Part 1)
US Navy CONFIRMED UFO: BUSTED (Part 2)
Pentagon officially released 'UFO' videos: BUSTED (Part 3)

edit on 202162 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Jun, 3 2021 @ 01:12 AM
link   

So what has the PSY OP accomplished in your mind so far...TTSA only did in 3 years what the UFO community couldnt do in 75. The ufo issue is now more mainstream than ever, calling it a threat is accurate in my mind as we'll...the potential is there if they wanted it to be. So what exactly has the PSY OP accomplished? Since you seem to be pretty confident it is. Explain to me. Because to be honest it just seems like sour grapes from the likes of you and other researchers in the fact that your not frontline anymore and to be honest the way its going I hope you and the rest of the UFO community stayed sidelined cause you couldnt get the job done.

Of course this is all jmo...and while you and other researchers have done great at anaylising and finding this older cases you just havent gotten the job done on a public relations stand point...of course I have my problems and nitpicks about some of the things going on right now especially dealing with the lack of looking at the history of the subject, but its a compromise I'm willing to take to get this issue to the forefront of the public consciousness.

posted on Jun, 3 2021 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Yes considering the potential importance (and abuse of resulting legislation) of all this then couldn't agree more.

Can't understand why more people are not doing it

Before he sold out for 200 dollars a ticket thought Dolan did a good vid here on modern day Mockingbird - also heard Mellon on a news interview discussing 'a cross between Pearl Harbour and 911' so that didn't sound too comforting.

a reply to: gnarkill1529

Hey who knows you may well be right about those sour grapes.

There may also be some projection on your part and do think there are some very sensible reasons not to buy this wholesale (especially considering the individuals involved) - that's why I mentioned it's probably best to try to remain objective.

You're a grown adult so suppose it's well within your rights to just mindlessly swallow what the CIA and corporate media are telling you to believe (and steering you towards) whilst willfully ignoring all other pertinent facts.

Guess we'll see where we stand in a few months - you probably don't believe it but I would love to be wrong.

This subject sorely needs genuine official declassification of files and extensive (unpoliticized) scientific study - trouble is it looks like this is shaping up to be something else entirely.

edit on 3-6-2021 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2021 @ 06:47 AM
link   

I'll let you off easy with that last answer because I respect your past work but dont think it doesn't bother me that you couldnt explain what this PSY OP is accomplishing....you and I both know the subject is more mainstream than ever.

I agree this subject does need genuine declassification and we are closer than we have ever been.
edit on 3-6-2021 by gnarkill1529 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-6-2021 by gnarkill1529 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join