It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And you think YOU had a bad week…

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2021 @ 10:35 AM
link   
So, it all started last Saturday night on my daughter’s 21st birthday. She broke her ankle due to waaayyy too much alcohol. She doesn’t even remember much of the night and doesn’t remember braking her ankle. Went for X-rays on Monday, splinted her foot & leg, and told her she needs an orthopedic doctor.

Monday morning I was trying to open my stuck garage door and killed my back. It popped so hard I thought I broke it. I still can barely walk or bend over or sleep.

Orthopedic doctor called at 4pm and wanted us across the state of Kansas 8 hours away from me in Colorado by 8am Tuesday. Not gonna happen… so I spent all day Tuesday calling doctors and leaving messages on machines. Finally one called back and we got a Wednesday afternoon appt.

I travelled after work to her house 2 hours away in Kansas. We left for Hays Kansas on Wednesday morning 2 1/2 hours away. They determined surgery is necessary to put in a plate and screws, and then go back in a few weeks later to remove it all. Surgery scheduled for Friday. They sent us for blood work and a COVID test elsewhere.

Drove to the blood test place, and as soon as we went inside golf ball size hail started and the tornado sirens started blaring…. this literally went on for 45 minutes because the storm was hardly moving. My perfect little car got a good beating.

We then had only 15 minutes to get to the COVID testing site. The hail let up and we decided to make a run for it. As soon as we got to the sad little beat up car, to tornado siren started blaring again. They closed and locked up behind us so we had no choice but to go.

About a mile down the road it started raining and hailing so hard we could hardly see in front of the car. We watched for a place to take shelter along the way, but no luck, so we kept going.

We finally got to the COVID testing site and pulled up under the brick awning hooked on to the building. The glass doors were locked and nobody in sight. We sat there in the car with the storm still raging. After about 20 minutes things let up and they came out of the tornado shelter and came out to do the COVID test.

We then drove back to her house 2 1/2 hours away. The next day, we drove 2 1/2 hrs back to Hays and got a hotel to be there for surgery, and settled in because neither of us can really walk to go and do anything.

About 8pm they called and cancelled surgery. She tested positive for COVID, even thought he has no symptoms. They refused to retest her, and will call us and reschedule for the week of the7th. No COVID test required.

So, the next morning I drove her 2 1/2 hours back home, ran her errands and picked up supples and groceries, and drove myself home 2 hrs away.

With the insurance deductible, gas, hotel, meals, groceries and supplies, and all the little other incidentals, this trip cost me about $1000 and we got nothing accomplished. And now I can’t go back to work until I get tested, my pretty little car is beat up, my back was killing me the whole time, she is still in just a splint, and we are wondering what good surgery will do when she is 3 weeks into healing.

So, that was my crappy week. I hope yours was better….

edit on 30-5-2021 by tinker9917 because: Edit

posted on May, 30 2021 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: tinker9917

Ouch.

Sometimes the universe say's "hold my beer".

Sounds like your daughter said that too. lol

Hopefully it all comes together for ya's

posted on May, 30 2021 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Sorry.
That was definitely a rough week.
Hope the next one is better.

posted on May, 30 2021 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Thankfully you live in Colorado where the good medicine can be bought at any dispensary.

posted on May, 30 2021 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Damn! Just stay in the house!

posted on May, 30 2021 @ 11:31 AM
link   

BTW...as to your daughter's China Virus test...get another one.
My son had two different ones with BOTH giving false positives.

posted on May, 30 2021 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Yep, we picked up a saliva test for both of us to be sent in by fedex.
reply to: IAMTAT

posted on May, 30 2021 @ 11:54 AM
link   

I advice you a rue bath.

posted on May, 30 2021 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Lol… I don’t wanna go back there! a reply to: mysterioustranger

edit on 30-5-2021 by tinker9917 because: Edit

posted on May, 30 2021 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

I advice you a rue bath.

Rue was the sexy 'Golden Girl'...right?

posted on May, 30 2021 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Holy crap.

Put a smile on your face because the fact that you could even type all that without feeling some sort of aftershock says a lot about you.

Not making light of your week but like a previous thread said, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. This is one of those instances where I can say I know for a fact I wouldn't have the capacity to relive it by sharing it. But thank you, it let's me know that one, we can overcome obstacles and two, my problems now seem miniscule and I'm actually taking deep breaths now, feeling a bit better.

Let me add that your family is blessed to have you. You're stronger now than before, and I'm guessing you were strong as heck to begin with.

A Calgon bath sounds good right about now, I'm sure.

Here's one on me

posted on May, 30 2021 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Thank you for that.
a reply to: EdisonintheFM

posted on May, 30 2021 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Read your title and thought, nah couldn't have been as bad as my week. My week sucked so hard.

Yeah, yours was worse.

posted on May, 30 2021 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Well, it is nice to hear such terrible troubles. I just had our Hot water heater get stuck on and I had to go and buy one and install it this last week. Boy the water got scalding hot, I thought about just changing the thermostat, but the hot water heater was already thirty one years old. It had a dent in it by the control panel door, but the store owner gave a new door and forty bucks back on the unit plus said it will be waranteed yet. If I have any problems, he does have a registered parts store and all I need is a receipt if something goes wrong to show the date...I like that. Better than the big box stores.

I am happy I got thirty one years out of the old water heater, hopefully I will get fifteen or more out of this without problems.

Sorry to hear about your problems OP
Better you than me, I had my fair share of bad days during my life.

Sorry about not feeling bad for you.

edit on 30-5-2021 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2021 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Your post sounds exactly like my years 2000-2006...only it kept on going!

Metaphor for you: You cannot rollerskate in a Buffalo herd!

posted on May, 31 2021 @ 06:23 PM
link   
It does seem to go in waves. The week that is bad, will be just bad enough that you can handle, anymore and you would be overwhelmed.

I think it has to do with karma. I have been in a working relationship with karma so when those cycles come that are hard to handle, I usually get completely overwhelmed because at this stage I can be trusted that I won't slip too much.

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Apart from that everything okay?

posted on Jun, 9 2021 @ 06:51 PM
link   
This never ending intellect of "mine" tries to refinish the surface of
my soul , like a sheet of 40 grit sandpaper.

top topics

join