It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Memorial Weekend 2021

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+29 more 
posted on May, 29 2021 @ 08:54 PM
link   

An IMMENSE thank you to those who served and those still serving.

Even more thanks for those that, in addition, were wounded while serving.

And Eternal gratitude for those that died and their families.

This weekend and day is to remember YOU!
THANK YOU !!

edit on 29-5-2021 by M5xaz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2021 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: M5xaz

Amen.

posted on May, 29 2021 @ 09:10 PM
link   
HOORAH !

+3 more 
posted on May, 29 2021 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Special recognition to those veterans who are homeless, hungry and alone this memorial day. Not all heroes wear medals.

posted on May, 29 2021 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Does the White House fly the American at half-staff on this day?

Also, how is the President going about on this day, any parades and such going on in America.

posted on May, 29 2021 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Amen.

Yep.
That means you too!

THANKS!

posted on May, 29 2021 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Aww that’s soooo sweet

Like amazingly sweet ..

Happy Memorial Day you guys. Thank you for your service

edit on 04/30/2021 by CrazyBlueCat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2021 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

Also, how is the President going about on this day, any parades and such going on in America.

Why?

For democrat politicos, it's just some "long weekend" of no particular importance.

Except to highlight a picture of THEMSELVES despite the fact they NEVER SERVED.
No pictures of the military.
No flag
Not even a thank you.
And NOT EVEN THE WORDS "MEMORIAL DAY"
Just "long weekend"
And a picture of HERSELF

Asshole!

twitter.com...
edit on 29-5-2021 by M5xaz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2021 @ 09:59 PM
link   

In remembrance of those who didn't return...

I miss you Cody.

Thank you for the ultimate sacrifice for the Country you believed in.

You will never be forgotten.

Not on my watch.

~Bows head~

posted on May, 29 2021 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Thank you all for your service🇺🇸
Happy Memorial Weekend

posted on May, 29 2021 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Why is this in the mud pit? Also this is a pet peeve of mine, memorial day is not for thanking the living that is what veterans day is memorial day is for remembering those who died

posted on May, 29 2021 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I hope that Memorial Day is never demonized by society. The people who died for this country should be respected. But there is a movement to make those who fought in wars evil now in society. The strange thing is these people who are doing this are enjoying the freedom we maintain from past wars that were fought to protect our freedoms and sovereignty.

posted on May, 29 2021 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Not so strange when you consider the movement to paint America as an illegitimate racist country. There is nothing worth fighting to preserve about such a place to people who actually believe that.

So what would you think of those who are willing to fight and die for that sort of place?

Disgusting, but that's what we're allowing our children to be raised to.

posted on May, 29 2021 @ 10:24 PM
link   
As I've said in years previous, if my grandfather were still with us I would thank him for his service during WW2. Of course from what I know of him (he passed when I was 3), he would probably think it not worthy of thanks. He was a PoW that survived the Bataan Death March, as well as eventual slavery at a coal mine at Fukuoka 17. I also say thank you to both of my parents, my father who did his first 4 in the Marines and finished out his 20 in the Navy, and my mother who did 8 in the Navy and is still working for the DoD.

I was never able to join up due to health issues, but wanted to for a while until both of my parents told me it wouldn't work out due to my personality even if it wasn't a health issue.

I can't say that everything that we've done as a country has been on the level when it comes to the military, yet for those who do serve I want to say thank you for trying to make things better in this world with your service. Maybe not a day of celebration that so many have made it out to be, but a day of being thankful and remembrance for those who never made it home.

posted on May, 29 2021 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Dear Auld
Bonney Portmore

Bonny Portmore

posted on May, 29 2021 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Oh... and a quick PSA...

The money placed in national and state veterans cemeteries is collected and put towards future burial costs and cemetery maintenance.

American Military News

edit on 29-5-2021 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2021 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Should Memorial day also include Police Officers killed in the line of duty?

posted on May, 29 2021 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: M5xaz

originally posted by: musicismagic

Why?

For democrat politicos, it's just some "long weekend" of no particular importance.

Except to highlight a picture of THEMSELVES despite the fact they NEVER SERVED.
No pictures of the military, the flag, or even a thank you.
Just THEMSELVES

Assholes!

twitter.com...

Kamala Harris isn't fit to wipe the arses of past Vice Presidents, including old school KKK Joe Biden's.

Her stupid ignorance is being blasted this weekend: www.foxnews.com...

If Harris apologizes, she doesn't mean it.
edit on 5/29/2021 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2021 @ 10:47 PM
link   

This day had everyone together!
You are a true Patriot.
God bless America and God bless our troops!

posted on May, 29 2021 @ 10:56 PM
link   

I never served. I wanted to because Dad and one of Mom's brothers served, I grew up staring at those two pictures, almost identical. I wanted to enlist. But I backed out the Saturday I was supposed to go to Raleigh and sign my existence over to Uncle Sam....because my Mom was so goddamned overbearing, I started having mental issues at an early age but I learned to adapt and conceal, and without harming any pets...imagine that...I thank God my Grandmothers prayed for me, I should've been a killer, either in uniform or in my own clothes.

Anyway, I regret not serving my country. I am ashamed. And I am grateful to those who were willing to sacrifice everything, in order to keep our flag flying. I've heard sayings over the years, there's no democrat or republican in a foxhole is one of them. In trying times we tend to lose the unnecessary in order to achieve the necessary and these ARE trying times.

I may be older, fatter, most definitely out of shape, but I can still contribute something, as long as my heart beats I can still contribute, whether it's flip a flapjack or tug a trigger, I feel like I'll still have a chance to serve my country, based on what I'M seeing with my own eyes.

God bless the troops, God bless America, God bless ATS.

<<   2  3 >>

join