It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump-loving church that uses guns in holy rituals buys compound near Waco, Texas

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2021 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Trump-loving church that uses guns in holy rituals buys compound near Waco, Texas

www.independent.co.uk...
b1856407.html

That headline is straight from the article in the Independent. I had thought to change it to something like,’’ Know your loony compatriots’’ or ‘’ Goofballs for Trump’’ but decided to just let the Independent headline stand.

A bit of back ground on this church, it’s a fractured sect of the Moonie Cult founded by Korean con-man, Sun Myung Moon.

The Moonies believe that in the Garden of Eden, Eve had sex with the fallen angel and then had sex with Adam against Gods Will. They fell and that was the origin of Original Sin.

Through 6000 years God tried to get his people back on course. He sent Jesus to the world to find a wife to take the place of Eve so that he could be the second Adam. But he was killed before he could have a wife and produce children free from original sin.

God then sent another man to find a wife and produce children free from the devils influence and that man was he himself, Moon. He was married in 1960 and produced a large family. His followers believed that his children were free from sin and that by following Moon, they too could reach spiritual perfection and have Moon chose for them a spouse and together they too could have children born free from sin.

Some may be familiar with this cult from the ‘’mass weddings’’ that they have held, sometimes marrying thousands at a time. Others may know them as the door to door salesmen and other trinket sellers at air ports and on many city streets.

Moon went to jail in the 90s for tax fraud. He died in 2012 leaving his wealthy church to his spouse, the woman who they taught was the Second Eve.

She has now changed much of the church teachings to place herself in the center of the history of the church. However one of her children is not having this at all. He has splintered the church and formed his own following in his own church with believers believing that Moons ministry is now the ministry of the son.

The son has now called his mother

‘’The Whore of Babylon’’

Sean Moon claims his inclusion of AR-15s into his church's worship ceremonies is Biblically based, citing a passage in the Book of Revelation that speaks of Jesus using a "rod of iron" to assert his authority during the End Times. Traditional readings of the verses interpret the "rod of iron" to be a shepherd's staff, which was a symbol of authority, particularly when in reference to Jesus.
Under Sean Moon's reading, the rod of iron was not a scepter or staff, but an American-made AR-15.

Now the rifles are used in regular church services and wedding ceremonies, with Sean Moon presiding over it all while wearing a crown of bullets, a camouflaged suit, and holding his gold-plated AR-15.

Sean Moon's brother, Kook-jin "Justin" Moon, just so happens to be the CEO of Kahr Arms, which manufactures guns and is headquartered near the church's original base of operations in Pennsylvania – a convenient connection for a church that worships firearms.

A couple of Moons quotes here

“The internationalist Marxist globalists are trying to start a civil war here, so that they can bring in the U.N. troops and Chi-Com Chinese military to come in and destroy and kill all gun owners, Christians, and any opposition, i.e., Trump supporters,” he said in a sermon. “We are in the death of America right now, and that’s why, of course, God is allowing for our expansion.”

“Some federal agents operate as a criminal cartel and are in the process of stealing this presidential election," the post said. “We need to prepare and train for the fight.”

This group of religious fanatics are just one of the many groups that are pushing the conservative agenda in the US today. They bought the Washington Times newspaper decades ago to help them insert information that they hope will turn America towards the ends they envision. They also bought ''United Press International'' a while back.

It might behoove us to know that all the goofballs and loonies are not living in the world of leftists alone. There are plenty of them doing all they can to see that their own demented version of conservative values are victorious. Remember, this would be messiah has called his own mother ''The Whore of Babylon.

posted on May, 29 2021 @ 03:47 PM
link   
It's strange how are freedoms have collided over the years.

As much as we all seem to advocate separation of church and state. We do not separate church and the 2nd amendment.

+24 more 
posted on May, 29 2021 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

OK, lets see:

1. Trump - check
2. Guns - check
3. Jesus - check
4. Anti-government sentiment - check

Why are leftists obsessed with pushing Asian hate crimes disguised as projection? Why the obsession with pigeon-holing everyone?

You guys are sick.

+8 more 
posted on May, 29 2021 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Trump, Asians, religion...and fortified with guns too!
A veritable Leftist TDS smorgasbord!

+2 more 
posted on May, 29 2021 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

OK, lets see:

1. Trump - check
2. Guns - check
3. Jesus - check
4. Anti-government sentiment - check

Why are leftists obsessed with pushing Asian hate crimes disguised as projection? Why the obsession with pigeon-holing everyone?

You guys are sick.

You say "leftists" but never say the right pigeon-holes anyone. Why is that? Self incrimination?

+4 more 
posted on May, 29 2021 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Are they hurting anybody? If not, then I don't see a problem

+5 more 
posted on May, 29 2021 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arizona2
Are they hurting anybody?

Sure they are...they like Trump.

+5 more 
posted on May, 29 2021 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gnawledge

As much as we all seem to advocate separation of church and state. We do not separate church and the 2nd amendment.

"We"?

How about "we" separate crazy cults from actual churches for starters. You know, just to make the conversation honest.

I think most sane people can see that this has nothing to do with any real religion. In fact, it's obvious it's all about money, as are most cults masquerading as churches. These things are run by Pied Pipers of the mentally ill, adept at emptying their wallets. The leaders of these things, are as they say, crazy like a fox. Just like Scientology, these things can put lots of wealth into the pockets of confidence people.

Sean Moon probably has a special soundproof room he goes to so he can laugh himself silly after each service and relish the spoils of his confidence game out of view. If he prays to anyone, it's likely P.T. Barnum and L. Ron Hubbard, whose lessons he learned very well.

posted on May, 29 2021 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

OH boy, this bit of info pushed many of your buttons. You can twist this into Asian hate but I wonder why when it is not. This church is multi racial and is headed by self proclaimed messiahs who happen to be Korean.

posted on May, 29 2021 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT
Or, a vereitable smorgasbord for anyone willing to recognize the bi-partisan nature of religious and self delusional people.

posted on May, 29 2021 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

originally posted by: Gnawledge

"We"?

How about "we" separate crazy cults from actual churches for starters. You know, just to make the conversation honest.

I think most sane people can see that this has nothing to do with any real religion. In fact, it's obvious it's all about money, as are most cults masquerading as churches. These things are run by Pied Pipers of the mentally ill, adept at emptying their wallets. The leaders of these things, are as they say, crazy like a fox. Just like Scientology, these things can put lots of wealth into the pockets of confidence people.

Sean Moon probably has a special soundproof room he goes to so he can laugh himself silly after each service and relish the spoils of his confidence game out of view. If he prays to anyone, it's likely P.T. Barnum and L. Ron Hubbard, whose lessons he learned very well.

I'm not talking crazy cults as known then. I know that is not what the phrase was intended to guard against THEN but...right here. RIGHT HERE. We have a crazy cult. Qanon and Trumpism.

posted on May, 29 2021 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Gnawledge

You used a broad brush there to ascribe the actions of small cults to all churches it seems to me? There's very little intellectual honesty in that approach. Wasn't your point to paint all churches with a broad brush based on the actions of one nutty cult ran by a confidence person?

The actions of this group only reflect on them is all I'm saying here.

I'm not talking crazy cults as known then. I know that is not what the phrase was intended to guard against THEN but...right here. RIGHT HERE. We have a crazy cult. Qanon and Trumpism.

Is your point that the Constitution should only apply to certain people, who have certain beliefs? Who's the arbiter of that? Should the State be the arbiter?

I'd just as soon see groups of loons disarmed, to be honest, but I'm more afraid of giving the State that power than I'd ever be of them. I get your point though, but question it.

posted on May, 29 2021 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

www.independent.co.uk...
b1856407.html

That headline is straight from the article in the Independent. I had thought to change it to something like,’’ Know your loony compatriots’’ or ‘’ Goofballs for Trump’’ but decided to just let the Independent headline stand.

A bit of back ground on this church, it’s a fractured sect of the Moonie Cult founded by Korean con-man, Sun Myung Moon.

The Moonies believe that in the Garden of Eden, Eve had sex with the fallen angel and then had sex with Adam against Gods Will. They fell and that was the origin of Original Sin.

Through 6000 years God tried to get his people back on course. He sent Jesus to the world to find a wife to take the place of Eve so that he could be the second Adam. But he was killed before he could have a wife and produce children free from original sin.

God then sent another man to find a wife and produce children free from the devils influence and that man was he himself, Moon. He was married in 1960 and produced a large family. His followers believed that his children were free from sin and that by following Moon, they too could reach spiritual perfection and have Moon chose for them a spouse and together they too could have children born free from sin.

Some may be familiar with this cult from the ‘’mass weddings’’ that they have held, sometimes marrying thousands at a time. Others may know them as the door to door salesmen and other trinket sellers at air ports and on many city streets.

Moon went to jail in the 90s for tax fraud. He died in 2012 leaving his wealthy church to his spouse, the woman who they taught was the Second Eve.

She has now changed much of the church teachings to place herself in the center of the history of the church. However one of her children is not having this at all. He has splintered the church and formed his own following in his own church with believers believing that Moons ministry is now the ministry of the son.

The son has now called his mother

‘’The Whore of Babylon’’

Sean Moon claims his inclusion of AR-15s into his church's worship ceremonies is Biblically based, citing a passage in the Book of Revelation that speaks of Jesus using a "rod of iron" to assert his authority during the End Times. Traditional readings of the verses interpret the "rod of iron" to be a shepherd's staff, which was a symbol of authority, particularly when in reference to Jesus.
Under Sean Moon's reading, the rod of iron was not a scepter or staff, but an American-made AR-15.

Now the rifles are used in regular church services and wedding ceremonies, with Sean Moon presiding over it all while wearing a crown of bullets, a camouflaged suit, and holding his gold-plated AR-15.

Sean Moon's brother, Kook-jin "Justin" Moon, just so happens to be the CEO of Kahr Arms, which manufactures guns and is headquartered near the church's original base of operations in Pennsylvania – a convenient connection for a church that worships firearms.

A couple of Moons quotes here

“The internationalist Marxist globalists are trying to start a civil war here, so that they can bring in the U.N. troops and Chi-Com Chinese military to come in and destroy and kill all gun owners, Christians, and any opposition, i.e., Trump supporters,” he said in a sermon. “We are in the death of America right now, and that’s why, of course, God is allowing for our expansion.”

“Some federal agents operate as a criminal cartel and are in the process of stealing this presidential election," the post said. “We need to prepare and train for the fight.”

This group of religious fanatics are just one of the many groups that are pushing the conservative agenda in the US today. They bought the Washington Times newspaper decades ago to help them insert information that they hope will turn America towards the ends they envision. They also bought ''United Press International'' a while back.

It might behoove us to know that all the goofballs and loonies are not living in the world of leftists alone. There are plenty of them doing all they can to see that their own demented version of conservative values are victorious. Remember, this would be messiah has called his own mother ''The Whore of Babylon.

"This group of religious fanatics"...

pretty much says it all right there. Stop pushing Satan's agenda.

The Moonies were a group of religious fanatics back when I was a kid even. And here is yet another group today. There are many who claim to be religious. Many who also spout conservative views, and now...perhaps those who even spout conspiracy theories and Trump support.

But let's be real. The Bible clearly states that many will say "Lord, Lord...have I not prophesied in your name? and He will say "depart from me...I never knew you".

There has always been crazy people who claim to represent Christianity, and there always will be. But more importantly...there are people who are truly born again believers, Christians...who are conservative, voted for Trump, own a gun, and even believe in some conspiracy theories. BUT they are the real deal.

So stop trying to categorize Christians as all the same. Stop the promotion of the Satanic agenda - which is the attempt to convince mankind that God / Jesus / the Bible is not real, and take as many to hell as he can, due to hate.

edit on 29-5-2021 by TruthJava because: typo

posted on May, 29 2021 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

At this point, I'd rather give the state the power to disarm the loons. I understand your concern there, I do.

And I understand it, because I don't believe the government can discern the loons from the norms.

I don't have the answers. But this country needs some.

Sorry I can't offer more. Happy Memorial.

posted on May, 29 2021 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Hahaha, you don't know what a cult is 😂

Secondly, partisan politics seem to elude you *shrugs*

How can you have a disussion being this woefully ignorant???

posted on May, 29 2021 @ 04:53 PM
link   

I personally think the State's only role in that regard should be to keep guns away from the mentally ill, to the extent the law would allow. Not a perfect solution but it would keep the 2nd intact.

Thanks for the interesting conversation and Happy Memorial Day back at you.

+1 more 
posted on May, 29 2021 @ 04:59 PM
link   

So they can't have the freedom to worship?

Or are you just mocking them because they don't adhere to your evil leftist ideology?

posted on May, 29 2021 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Need help here in Pennsylvania.

Here's the church: www.sanctuary-pa.org...

Are they one in the same?

Welcome

Welcome to the website of the World Peace and Unification Sanctuary, also known as the Sanctuary Church of Newfoundland, PA!

Our pastor, Rev. Hyung Jin Moon, and his wife Rev. Yeon Ah Lee Moon, are the appointed heir/successor couple carrying on the providential work of his father, the Rev. Sun Myung Moon, whose encounter with Jesus at age 15 led to his six-decade worldwide ministry to fulfill Christ's mission, based on the Bible and the Divine Principle. Join us every Sunday

This church has sparked a bit of controversy in the last few years. They seem to have garnered attention with their love for weapons. But no crime has been committed.

Location here: 41.3024885, -75.3236483

I agree that if they haven't caused any harm, then why bother them. Anywho, just throwing this into the mix.

posted on May, 29 2021 @ 05:24 PM
link   
If the people in the church have not infringed upon the rights of anyone else, then there's no need to punish them.

That being said, it certainly looks like those who adhere to leftist ideologies like to punish those who don't think like them.

posted on May, 29 2021 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Ahh yes another "group" that's been created/infiltrated by Democrat deep cover operations to amplify anti-Trump, anti-Conservative, anti-Patriot (etc. etc. etc.) brainwashing 😃

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join