It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gary Moore - Still Got The Blues (Live)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2021 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I saw Gary play at the The Bingley Hall, Birmingham in the 80s before he went into Blues music and he was brilliant ... other than the red boiler suit thing he was wearing that made him look like a big tomato but musically just awesome.
Not a great fan of Blues but I do like it in moderation , first time I heard " Still Got The Blues" I loved it though , Gary's voice mixed with his guitar playing are the perfect accompaniment to what is a great song.

Fans of the Blues , Gary Moore or just music in general check this bundle of perfection out , live in Hamburg.

What a guitarist , what a voice ... what a solo !

RiP Gary Moore.

posted on May, 30 2021 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

February 1984, opening for Rush. Damn great gig. I find SGTB excellent, but I'll still take Shapes Of Things as his finest work even though it's not his song.

posted on May, 30 2021 @ 03:54 AM
link   
a reply to: TheSpanishArcher

Excellent song , for me Victims Of The Future is among his finest even though it's to high for him

Ian Paice on Drums

posted on May, 31 2021 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

His acoustic sound on that one live was amazing and may have been the most outstanding acoustic guitar SOUND I've ever heard. I believe it was an Ovation 12 string for that intro. It even sounds awesome on We Want Moore, the live album from that time....well, there were three of them but from that era of the band lol.

I had never heard a note from him when I saw for that 45 minutes. I just knew he had had stints in Thin Lizzy. Dude blew me away in such a short time slot. Check out the setlist, it's awesome.

Setlist.FM

White Knuckles, gods he killed me that night AND it was my first Rush show and THEY are the GODS of RnR so let's just say this was a hallmark moment for me in my Rock n Roll evolution, a very large jumping step from the boring Zeppelin I was being bombarded with. End Of The World, Murder In The Skies, so killer.

The next time I saw Rush Steve Morse Band opened. Talk about Rush turning me onto some killer musicians those two are way worth the few bucks I paid for to see those shows in the early "80's. Although, I have spent a considerable amount of money to buy everything they have done since then so maybe, it didn't work out monetarily, but I'll stand on the mountains of Gary Moore and Steve Morse and plant a huge flag there.

Steve kept Deep Purple a viable band and a stable one as Ritchie is, well, nuts, and Steve, just ain't. I'll take the Purpundicular album as one of the top five the band ever did although I'm not sure where on that list it would go. I'd have to think about that.

Here's a good one, the remix of Over The Hills.

edit on 5/31/2021 by TheSpanishArcher because: (no reason given)

You mentiones Ian Paice, please don't let's get started on the DP/Sabbath/Gary Moore/ETC. family tree. That will go on for way too long and it's so deep, pun intended, that it's just gonna take us down a ridiculous rabbit hole.

I've been down there too long, it hurts. LOL who was the drummer on Gary's Wild Frontier?
edit on 5/31/2021 by TheSpanishArcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 05:32 AM
link   

who was the drummer on Gary's Wild Frontier?

A drum machine for the album but Eric Singer played drums on the tour.

All drums on Wild Frontier are sequenced with a drum machine, although the programming is uncredited in the liner notes of the album, electronic drummer Roland Kerridge, of the band Re-Flex did a lot of the drum tracks, and would appear in the music video for "Over the Hills and Far Away," as well as early TV promotions for the album. Future Alice Cooper, Kiss and former Black Sabbath drummer Eric Singer played drums for the tour, before going on to form Badlands.
eyesoremerch.com...

Love Over The Hills.

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 01:06 PM
link   

As a family tree side note I do believe that's Don Airey on keyboard in the SGTB video.

top topics

join