It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Far Cry 6: Gameplay Deep Dive Trailer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2021 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Yesterday Ubisoft announced the release date and dropped a couple of trailers for their next Far Cry game , the game is set on the Caribbean island of Yara and casts the player as a male / female revolutionary freedom fighter fighting against the island's oppressive ruler.

Below is a Deep Dive trailer for the game which shows off what to expect when the game releases on 7th October , for me it also shows Ubisoft are still painting by numbers have have learned nothing from their recent paint by numbers flops.

If you pre-order you get a dog with attitude and wheels for back legs and a crafted gun the fires CDs .... so there's a reason to pre-order right there ... right ?

40 minute Far Cry 6: Worldwide Gameplay Reveal.

After the poor showing that was Far Cry 5 I was hoping Ubi would try something different with Far Cry 6 but judging from what's presented that isn't the case.

Some will like it , some will wait for a sale , I think I'll be waiting for a sale.
edit on 29-5-2021 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2021 @ 05:14 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Ubisoft is just a poorer version of EA. There isn't one original title amongst their ranks save a few indie games. It's just copy and paste with these guys and that's why I will always pirate their games!

posted on May, 29 2021 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Gustavo fring for president

posted on May, 29 2021 @ 01:36 PM
link   

If I am still around I will wait for the sale on this one when it is released as it will cost probably upwards of sixty quid by that point with the money grabbing tactics of these publishing houses, there is only one game that I may fall for at that cost and that is going to be there rumoured open world star wars RPG which they are said to be developing (I sincerely hope it is a genuine RPG not an on the rails fake RPG with just a few choices but true open world, many world's, many life path's sort of affair and with proper single player - I won't hold my breath on that, despite the fair comparison with EA I do think until now Ubisoft have been slightly less evil though they are catching up? and Uplay is a stinking pain in the arse).

edit on 29-5-2021 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2021 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheMadTitan

Ubisoft is just a poorer version of EA. There isn't one original title amongst their ranks save a few indie games. It's just copy and paste with these guys and that's why I will always pirate their games!

I remember when they came out with the game “I am alive” and I thought it was one of the best original and interesting games well ahead of its time until I realized it was half assed and basically a demo being sold as a full game. The take away is that it introduced so many mechanics a ton of other developers borrowed from since.

posted on May, 31 2021 @ 01:50 AM
link   

IMO, the Far Cry, games are up and down plot and gameplay-wise. I enjoyed playing Far Cry 5. But I didn't bother to finish Far Cry New Dawn's single-player mode. Where will Far Cry 6 land? Having helpful AI partners/support in Far Cry 5 was a neat addition to gameplay. I won't rush out and buy Far Cry 6, and I plan to wait until the game drops in price after it hits shelves for a while. If the game doesn't do anything to move the Far Cry series forward, I won't bother with it.

top topics

join