It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Collective Egregore Thought Forms

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2021 @ 03:27 AM
link   
What are Thought Forms? I've been meaning to create a thread about these entities for a while. Seeking answers, seeing the world in the state it is, and how we got to this precipice and why. Those questions many have had throughout their lives such as "Who am i" and "Where do I come from?" This is for the open minded seeking for Truth.

What i believe is this world is trance induced by subliminal hypnotic suggestion, connected to its light/lie. The more people connect with it, the more entranced they behave. Lunacy takes over, one becoming controlled by thought forms if fast asleep. Like the hypnotist controlling the subject. And seeing as the World up to this point has been run by lunatics, it's not that hard to see why it's become an out of control #hole.

Will periodically post as I discover more.

Egregore (also egregor) is an occult concept representing a "thoughtform" or "collective group mind", an autonomous psychic entity made up of, and influencing, the thoughts of a group of people.

edit on 28-5-2021 by PillarOfFire because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2021 @ 03:36 AM
link   
a reply to: PillarOfFire

You are jumping ahead of your self, let's ask who you are and go from there. From your point of view of course.

posted on May, 28 2021 @ 03:48 AM
link   
a reply to: ArchangelOger

I did, you jumped ahead while I was still posting.

posted on May, 28 2021 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Buddha said "With our thoughts we make the world."

I've always tried to figure out the meaning of that.

Did he mean that if we think positive thoughts we will get positivity back-sort of like you get what you give?
Or
Did he mean that our thoughts/selves directly influence the fabric of reality-something like the way "the obsever effect" in quantuum mechanics can change the outcome of an experiment.

If he meant the latter-then we need lots of people to focus on a future that is NOT a technological dystopia IMO.

Thoughts are hugely powerful-everything humans have ever done,all began with a single thought.
We are pretty damned amazing really,when you think about it.

posted on May, 28 2021 @ 10:02 AM
link   

To me, this is interesting stuff. It's similar to other things I have encountered.
I once read a sci/fi novel that introduced me to the concept of memes. These Egregore sound much like the memes from that novel. Sorry I cannot recall that novels title nor it's author though it may have been David Brin. Brin has thoughts along those lines and was a favorite author of mine back in the day.

Anyway, the notion in the novel was that memes are thought forms that run in our minds without us consciously thinking them. The plot of the novel was that these ''memes'' are not so much doing battle for supremacy but rather struggling for survival in an evolutionary sense coupled with a ''winner take all'' existence.
Here is a link to some of his thoughts on the development of memes in human culture.

www.davidbrin.com...

The notion of the book sent me into reading about the emerging field of memetics at that time and I read several books on it. There are ''memes' and ''meme complexes'' and such. These memes can pass from one person to another and may lay dormant in a brain like a computer program waiting to be activated.

This idea that these memes can run in our minds is interesting. THat they can run in our minds and that we who think we may be thinking are really only running the programs that we find in our minds but are really running themselves.

This when coupled with the discoveries of George Lackoff, a cognitive linguist can fit hand in glove. His studies and experiments demonstrate the idea that we are not fully conscious, that indeed, most and almost all of what we consider to be our own beings, our own consciousness is really unconscious behavior. His group puts it as something like 98 % unconscious thought and 2 % conscious thought. That is most of what we think we are thinking is just a rehash of ideas that we already have.
en.wikipedia.org...

Sorry this is not as coherent as I would have hoped to express.

This to me seems different from the Egregore in that these Egregore are occult beings where ''memes'' are organic thought forms that have arisen with us through our evolutionary process. Again, thought forms'' that are running in our brains that allow us to believe we are thinking when really we are only watching those forms run in our heads.

We can take that, if we want, to another level and consider it from the perspective of Teilhard's de Chardin's ''noosphere''. This he considered to be again a realm of thought that kind of floats around us that we can and do sample from in shaping our own conceptual realities. Again that's pretty vague as it's been years and years since I studied it.

In a way I take those concepts of memes and stuff and look at them like Plato considered in his idea of Universal Forms. That a chair is a chair because there ''Is Chair'' in thought form waiting to be made physical by our discovery of that thought. Or a airplane because there ''Is Airplane'' in the plane of potentiality to be made real as we make it real. Sorry again for my failure to express these things more clearly.

So which came first the chicken or the egg? Do we think thoughts or do thoughts think us? And who is this us that even hopes to be doing the thinking in the first place. And that's on the way to Decarte.

posted on May, 28 2021 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Maybe this has something to do with the weird targeted individual accounts?

It is a very old concept and ties in with tulpas too...
If the premis is correct every god that has active worshipers has an egregore floating around, one can tap into if it is not already bound to a mortal body.

edit on CDTAmerica/ChicagoFri, 28 May 2021 15:30:49 -0500pAmerica/Chicago5America/Chicago by Terpene because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2021 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Conans riddle of steel come to mind when Doom explains it to him. What good is steel, without a hand to use it, while what good a hand if their no will/or thought behind it.

Terrence McKenna Machine Elves come to mind, as how he described just trying to percieve one was like being blasted with information. From what he saying, it sounds like they would have more of a back bone for a disembodied spirit compared to Egregores what would be some jumbled mess of collective thought or emotions.

Supposedly if I recall correctly, the right brain(creativity) takes input, while the left brain(reason)more of an out put, Einstein said reality a persistent illusion, an there is eerie children song saying life is but a dream.

edit on 28-5-2021 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2021 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Perhaps everything that is thought to exist : is merely thought to exist ?

Maybe everything that we perceive : is only opinion/belief/temporary ideas/observations/thoughts/concepts ?

How is it that we can name so many details about Santa-Claus, then claim that he doesn't exist ?

posted on May, 29 2021 @ 01:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

I believe, we are infinite beings. And whether or not we are playing our Personas, Person/ means Mask in Latin, could very well be. As Alan Watts has said. Or we were high jacked by these Thought Form entities. I tend to lean toward the former because if Duality was created for us to trap us here, it's failed to do so as we are waking up. Perhaps we created this playground with the intent to forget who we were, but an error occured which perhaps we created as part of this experience.

Nonetheless, we're at the point where we want to wake up now, and we are. Our original state of being is goodness, peace, love, joy etc.

posted on May, 29 2021 @ 02:00 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Thanks Terry. I'll check out his site when I have a moment here.

Anyway, the notion in the novel was that memes are thought forms that run in our minds without us consciously thinking them. The plot of the novel was that these ''memes'' are not so much doing battle for supremacy but rather struggling for survival in an evolutionary sense coupled with a ''winner take all'' existence.
Here is a link to some of his thoughts on the development of memes in human culture.

Reminds me of a few things, one being a certain Star Trek episode. A character named Moriarti somehow escapes into the real world and the crew have to transfer him back into his created reality, a cube (rubics cube sized) enough to sit on a table. Makes one wonder what they're trying to tell us/wake us up from a dream.

In a way I take those concepts of memes and stuff and look at them like Plato considered in his idea of Universal Forms. That a chair is a chair because there ''Is Chair'' in thought form waiting to be made physical by our discovery of that thought. Or a airplane because there ''Is Airplane'' in the plane of potentiality to be made real as we make it real. Sorry again for my failure to express these things more clearly.

You've expressed it well, glad you mentioned Plato because as one of my favorites " the allegory of the cave" came to mind. Where did he get those ideas? People knew more then than now. Hilton Hotema explains near everything, his books amazed me when I discovered them. Yes I think we do create individually and collectively. Theres so much to this whole idea and so few here to discuss it with who are aware.

Thanks for posting

posted on May, 29 2021 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

Most likely yeah, they do. It could just be were all the characters. That's mind blowing right there that is. I've the impression we're at the end now. Every long movie needs an intermission after all.

posted on May, 29 2021 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Specimen88

Terrence McKenna was in the zone in the 70s along with Philip K. Dick who believed there were many universes/reality worlds and not all were real. (Think Sliders) 90s tv series. He said " if you think this world is bad, you should see some of the others.

"If you want to make your children intelligent, read them fairy tales. If you want to make them even more intelligent, read them more fairy tales." Albert Einstein

posted on May, 29 2021 @ 02:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

I really am starting to think Alan Watts' ideas were right. We created the problem and the solution, for fun/ just because we could. And if we created a non existent duality here for the hell of it, we were also meant to wake up after the partys done. If duality is not our natural state, then it would stand to reason that we chose to "toss it to the wind" to see where the cards would fall and it created what we see now.

posted on May, 29 2021 @ 03:35 AM
link   

You are lumping alot of diffrent concepts together, nothing wrong with that as they are related somehow. it is the same underlying mechanism that makes the paranormal normal...
One is egregores they come into play if you want to control the individuals that create this manifestation which is another concept you mentioned.

What is the alternative to duality?

If it is unity then good night. it is like a deep dark dreamless slumber. Unity can't experience itself because it lacks something outside of itself...

If it is trinity and upwards fasten your seat belt

new topics

top topics

join