It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anarchist Handbook - Michael Malice

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2021 @ 02:02 PM
link   
From the author of The New Right and Dear Leader comes the Anarchist Handbook.

Not to be confused with the Cookbook.

I haven't read it yet, still waiting for my copy to arrive, but it contains a collection of essays from various important figures in Anarchism, and from the summary sounds like it contains some interview type material.

It currently sits at #1 in Amazon's "Radical Thought" category.
www.amazon.com...=pd_zg_hrsr_digital-text

It also currently sits at #1 (hardcover) and #2 (softcover) in Amazon's "Anarchism" category.
www.amazon.com...=pd_zg_hrsr_books

Check it out on Amazon, where you can get a free sample.
www.amazon.com...=cm_sw_s_fa_awdb_imm_PS884BY2AFPZP1NHPD3T?#_=_

Let me know if you've read it already, or if you are currently reading it what you think so far.

I should have it by this Saturday, so I'll be able to present my opinion on it within the next couple of days or so after getting it.
edit on 2652021 by AutomateThis1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2021 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1

Sounds like he is capitalizing upon the infamy of the OTHER Anarchist Cookbook (Also known by various other names such as the Patriot's cookbook - though there is a completely different work under that name as well - and several others), the one that explains how to make explosives which is banned over here in the UK and classified as material suitable for the preparation of acts of terrorism.

Probably going to be a mediocre work but it will sell simply because of it's name.
www.quirkbooks.com...

The original author has since repented and regrets ever having published the original work and given that terrorists around the world have used it as a go too resource and training manual you really can't blame him, he maybe even blames himself for some of the death's it has been used to cause.

Just looking for that will probably get you flagged by several international servers and agency's whom are out to prevent terrorism.

Never read it myself though a former friend whom later became a PEACE NEGOTIATOR for the UN in ARAB ISRAELI RELATIONS once (unbidden) gave me a copy on a floppy disc that I long ago threw out, not that I would ever have any use for such rubbish.
edit on 26-5-2021 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2021 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Oookay.

You can still buy the unedited book, you can even download it for free, and there are newer versions as well that are updated. At least here in the US you won't get arrested for it. If that were the case I and many others would have been arrested already.

But this thread isn't about that book. I said as much in the second sentence.

And yes, it does have a collection of essays from notable Anarchists. I said as much as well.

I'm pretty confident that I've read most of those people's writings. It'll be great if this book brings the different Anarchist views to more people.

What I'm interested in is what else is in the book, and if there's not much other than the author's own views it still makes the idea more accessible to people.

posted on May, 26 2021 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767
a reply to: AutomateThis1
Just looking for that will probably get you flagged by several international servers and agency's whom are out to prevent terrorism.

not that I would ever have any use for such rubbish

I'm never going to go deep wreck diving or climb Everest, but I've read all kinds of rubbish about both. Reading information doesn't have to be career/hobby development. Most of the things I read regarding this particular subject are scattered around other books.

As for the list, we're all already on one and the FBI claims to have been aware of more than half of the people committing terror attacks in the US. That tells me all I need to know about their lists.

OP, let us know how it is. Unfortunately most modern pop-anarchists don't really know what anarchy means. I'd be interested in hearing if the book is neo-anarchists spouting off or people with a deeper understanding.

posted on May, 26 2021 @ 09:34 PM
link   

At least 50% of that other anarchist cookbook is completely useless phone phreaking stuff, the rest is a bunch of recipes anyone with basic chemistry knowledge can figure out, or these days just look up on the internet.

As for the one the thread's about. Meh. Anarchy's not a viable system of (Non)Governance. All you have to do is look at the few places that do exist under what is essentially anarchy, and honestly they seem like #ty places to live.

posted on May, 26 2021 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

At least 50% of that other anarchist cookbook is completely useless phone phreaking stuff, the rest is a bunch of recipes anyone with basic chemistry knowledge can figure out, or these days just look up on the internet.

As for the one the thread's about. Meh. Anarchy's not a viable system of (Non)Governance. All you have to do is look at the few places that do exist under what is essentially anarchy, and honestly they seem like #ty places to live.

And yet the system of governance we now label anarchist is still to this day the most durable form of government to ever exist on this planet, that we are aware of.

See Vikings... and 1,000 years before it folded.

As opposed to....

What other form has lasted that long?

edit on 26-5-2021 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2021 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

Sure thing. It seems to be more or less a compendium of essays by prominent Anarchist figures.

I'm interested in seeing if the author includes his own thoughts, but if not I'll just donate the book to the local library or something. Regardless, it's nice to have them all in a single book.

If you're interested in the essays included I can send you some links where you can read the Anarchist's writings for free.

posted on May, 27 2021 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: dug88

While I don't totally disagree, it's a nice bit of history in my opinion. Reminds me of simpler times. There are updated cookbooks that include modern technology. They're available online for free.

And yeah, I guess our current system is an awesome, and totally viable corporat-oligarchy supported by an out of control fiat crony-capitalist economy, war-mongering, and sewing division amongst the people.

Our politicians and CEOs care soooo much about us (and our labor and wages.)

posted on May, 27 2021 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Vikings had chiefs and warlords and such. They weren't anarchists.

Think places like Slab City and Freetown in Denmark.

posted on May, 27 2021 @ 01:30 PM
link   
My copy arrives today, in fact it's sitting on my front porch right now just waiting for me to come home.

For those unclear on the correct meaning of the word 'anarchy', since it's been so bastardized, it simply means a form of government without a leader. It doesn't mean chaos and it has practically nothing to do with the supposed 'anarchists' associated with Antifa or the other clowns going around destroying American cities over the last couple years. Also, Michael Malice is considered to be the leading proponent of anarchism today, so he definitely knows what he's talking about.

The easiest way I find to explain Anarchy as a form of government is to explain it as the logical conclusion of Libertarianism. Where the only laws that exist are natural laws like self-ownership, private property rights, and the non-aggression principle. There are no governments and no states, so no borders (since all border lands would be private property and subject only to the rules of the property owner), privatized everything basically. It may be a bit on the utopian side of things, but it's certainly a goal worth working towards.

new topics

top topics

join