It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And the Winner of Brexit is...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2021 @ 12:20 AM
link   
China!

Goods imported from China rose 66% from the start of 2018 to £16.9bn ($24bn) in the first quarter of this year, the Office for National Statistics said.

bbc

+

German exports rose in February, boosted by surging trade with China in a fresh sign that factories are busy in Europe’s largest economy despite a sharp drop in trade with the United Kingdom after Brexit.

reuters

Unintended consequences maybe. But still, who voted for Brexit did this.
How does that make you feel?
Proud, I hope?

posted on May, 26 2021 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Slowly and surely, China is taking over The World

posted on May, 26 2021 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Independance is bad?
Trade is bad?

+3 more 
posted on May, 26 2021 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Unintended consequences maybe. But still, who voted for Brexit did this. How does that make you feel? Proud, I hope?

You do understand that the article you linked to is about Germany? No?

Do you also understand that the period in question was hammered by the Fakedemic.

Europe is trying to give Great Britain a hard time ... it is not working! There are always other places to buy from.

P

edit on 26/5/2021 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2021 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Not per se, but

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge

You are totally helping, bootjack

posted on May, 26 2021 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

I linked two articles.
Connected with a plus.
Sorry your attention span didn't last for 12 lines.

posted on May, 26 2021 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Sorry you can't see past your blinkers.

P

posted on May, 26 2021 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

The point is: China is the one who increases its trade volume. And trade always implies influence.

I mean it's nice you're happy with that. Personally I have a few issues with the Chinese gov and don't necessarily want them to be the new no1 superpower.
...but that's just me

posted on May, 26 2021 @ 01:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

Sorry you can't see past your blinkers.

P

This poster never sees past their blinders. But they are consistent.
I appreciate their consistency.

posted on May, 26 2021 @ 02:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: shooterbrody

Not per se, but

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge

You are totally helping, bootjack

How would I be helping?
I didn't release the kung flu.

posted on May, 26 2021 @ 02:39 AM
link   
China's GDP rose to 4.6%
There economy is fairly stable in most areas, not like most parts of the world.

posted on May, 26 2021 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I am probably as anti brexit as any poster on this site but I think that trying to assess the impact on trade during a pandemic is a fools errand.

We won't begin to know the impact until well into next year at the earliest.

posted on May, 26 2021 @ 02:52 AM
link   
And the winner of Brexit is… Democracy.
Democracy may not be perfect but it is certainly better than the alternatives.

posted on May, 26 2021 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Oh yeah as if Britain is going to be important to German exporters when China has a market that is 25 x ours.

Plus you guys have a proper industrial policy unlike in Britain where there is just a hit or miss attitude and give up with our age old branding and hand this over to foreigners.

It's factories plants closing everywhere over here in the sinking ship or relocating over to the EU plus banking of the City too today 100 Deutsche Bank employees alone and those guys and gals are big tax payers

posted on May, 26 2021 @ 03:12 AM
link   
These new figures are a result of increased imports of things like PPE, so possibly a one-off. I think attitudes towards China are changing, so think UK-Chinese trade won't continue to increase.

The impact of Brexit will be slower, but the behaviour of the EU has meant that UK industry and consumers are looking at alternatives to EU countries. Regradless, EU-EU trade has been declining anyway.

posted on May, 26 2021 @ 03:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter
It's factories plants closing everywhere over here in the sinking ship or relocating over to the EU plus banking of the City too today 100 Deutsche Bank employees alone and those guys and gals are big tax payers

Yet UK mnufacturing is running at record highs and the banking sector did not relocate to the EU. On the contrary, EU finance companies have set up shop in the UK. The anti-Brexit Project Fear are disappointed that the UK has not failed, but keep parroting the same old, same old, because that's what they want to believe.

posted on May, 26 2021 @ 04:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

Yet UK mnufacturing is running at record highs and the banking sector did not relocate to the EU. On the contrary, EU finance companies have set up shop in the UK. The anti-Brexit Project Fear are disappointed that the UK has not failed, but keep parroting the same old, same old, because that's what they want to believe.

Uk manufacturing declined year on year in both January and February.

There was an increase in March but only because of the impact of covid last march.

tradingeconomics.com...

Whats the source for runing at record highs?.

posted on May, 26 2021 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

Ah, the much reported, but poorly understood post-transition blip.

The UK manufacturing sector reached its highest growth levels in a decade, despite supply chain constraints.

UK manufacturing

Also reported elsewhere - even the BBC brifly mentioned it!

posted on May, 26 2021 @ 04:46 AM
link   

a reply to: ScepticScot

Ah, the much reported, but poorly understood post-transition blip.

The UK manufacturing sector reached its highest growth levels in a decade, despite supply chain constraints.

UK manufacturing

Also reported elsewhere - even the BBC brifly mentioned it!

Growth level as in improvement over previous level.

That is not manufacturing running at record highs any more than the GDP jump in Q3 was a record high economy. Its an improvement on a very low previous level caused by pandemic restrictions.

posted on May, 26 2021 @ 05:42 AM
link   

I genuinely see it as it is and the news is day in day out with steel factories going under, bnking jobs going abroad, car plants under threat. Any walk around a British city centre you'll see the effects all around you, a high street devastated, bands of druggies specifically smak head types roaming the street, sprawled on the pavements, hobbling up the roads like a scene from Thriller, Police sirens constantly blaring like permanenet Hill Street Blues sound tracks, millions of hidden unemployed on so called sickness benefits, hoardes of 16 years old overweight fagging it women pushing a multitude of kids in prams, thieving everywhere where the threat of two nights in the cell is not putting the crime waves off, knife wielding maniacs severing peoples arms off while Police copters attempt to locate the perpetrators, factories closing down everywhere, no real investment whatsoever going in to the UK, a property market that is a con artists trickster game where people are being fleeced by some bizarre prospect of saving a few quid on Stamps Duty while the Frence (bizarrely) pay half what we pay for our properties, general despair wherever one sets fot in the UK assuming you can get there without some twat in a black Audi trying to ram your rear behind off the road.............. It's getting real bad here in the UK and as soon as we can get out of this sinking ship like all our cousains did and get to Aus, USA, RSA, NZ etc the better

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join