It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

San Francisco Faces Consequences For It's Soft On Crime Choices.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on May, 25 2021 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Walgreens told the city’s board of supervisors that the chain has closed 17 stores in the city due to thefts. According to them, thefts at its San Francisco locations are four times higher than the national average. The director of the retail crime division of another CVS Health, which owns the CVS Pharmacy chain, called the city “one of the epicenters of organized retail crime.”

San Francisco Faces Consequences For It's Soft On Crime Choices.

It serves the city right for voting for those who enact the insane pro-crime legislation. Some citizens are starting a petition to keep the stores open and saying that Walgreens makes too much money to be worried about theft. Since when were businesses a charity?

I hope the people leaving San Francisco don't come live near me.
edit on 25 5 2021 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2021 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: tamusan

Just as we lament the rights of big tech to censor users due to their rights as a business, we have this new wrinkle. Pull the stores and let the locals order online. CVS is a private company and can do whatever it damn well pleases. Want access to life saving medicine? Vote for better leadership.

I'm sure someone will come and fill that void, for a fee.

posted on May, 25 2021 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Tough crap, start your own Walgreens, maybe?

posted on May, 25 2021 @ 11:09 AM
link   
LOL
If I was Walgreens, I would tell those people to stick their petitions. Unless they want to start guarding the store? For free.

posted on May, 25 2021 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

..Then they will target UPS and FedEx trucks lol

Lets face it, Walgreens and CVS are glorified convenience stores, same hours, same clientele, same trash sold
edit on 5252021 by Butterfinger because: yep

posted on May, 25 2021 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Redesign the stores with everything behind bullet proof shields and cameras everywhere. Have both a drive through and a walk though high security area for the majority of purchases. Inside, use robotic arms to assemble the customer's cart that won't be released until payment is rendered at the register. Have serious looking security bots armed with sub-lethal weapons that track every customer's moves and electric fences that drop down during a robbery to cage in perps.

Then pay for it all with over priced products and services at those high security stores only. See how much shoplifting or robberies occur at those stores, I'd bet zero.

posted on May, 25 2021 @ 11:49 AM
link   

I'd say that those petitions would be a good indicator of who the complete idiots in your population are. If we are gonna make lists of Trumpers, can we also make lists of people unable to do basic math? These people actually freaking vote.

posted on May, 25 2021 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I get the impression San Fran and similar cities are run by a handful of elite democrats who do the bidding of a bunch of idiot donor$. they mostly live in gated communities and are not affected by any of the crime.

anyone with the mean$ moves out. I feel bad for the working honest poor that are stuck there.

posted on May, 25 2021 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

anyone with the mean$ moves out. I feel bad for the working honest poor that are stuck there.

I don’t since they obviously voted for this crap. I hope they get stuck so they can’t bring their nonsense politics to my area.

posted on May, 25 2021 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Many people depend on pharmacies for their very existence; asthma, COPD, severe allergies, heart medications etc without which they will likely end up dead or in the hospital. Close the pharmacies and suddenly these people have to trek hours away to get their medication which is always easy if you are disabled or sick. No problem, right?

It seems the feelings and rights of criminals are more important than the lives and health of the sick and elderly. What kind of psychos would put policies in place that cause such disruption to people's lives?

posted on May, 25 2021 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Doesn't shock me one bit.

One of the continuing frustrations I have with the chain pharmacies is going shopping and needing to flag down attendants to open the glass cases for Advil, razors, toothbrush attachments, allergy medicine, etc etc. These stores have progressively been locked down tighter than a drum over time to deal with the out of control theft that has gone on in their stores. When I was younger hardly anything was locked behind a case, now, hardly anything ISN'T locked away unless it can have a radio loss prevention tag on it to alert at the front door.

When I'm in Manhattan for work, the amount of merchandise locked away is mind-boggling, and seems like every row has an attendant in it, watching you shop like a hawk.

Now when does the whining start about "food deserts" and under-served minority communities? Hashtag cognitive dissonance.

We are moving at break-neck pace towards a time where community enclaves will be set up to keep out not only the thieves but the equally poisonous enablers, those that vote to neuter law enforcement, and for example, people signing a petition to make CVS operate in the red in an area where there stores are decimated with theft/looting. These people have the *nerve* to suggest that CVS should tolerate this situation 'cause "you got lots a money and stuff"??

Coincidentally these were undoubtedly the same people that all of 2020 were fine and dandy with looting and burning because "the insurance company will cover your business, so yeah, I don't feel bad about the looting". Remember, some even feel that this is a form of reparations!

"Elections have consequences" I heard someone once say.

"Looting Has Consequences" is a corollary that seems to fall out of that.

posted on May, 25 2021 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
LOL
If I was Walgreens, I would tell those people to stick their petitions. Unless they want to start guarding the store? For free.

Would that situation not be "the fox guarding the henhouse" ?

posted on May, 25 2021 @ 03:45 PM
link   

This is what the evil left wanted, it's what they voted for.

They should own it.

My thoughts are only for the innocent people that will probably die because some moron leftist thought that being "woke" was more important.

posted on May, 25 2021 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Well, they could put a bunch of these in those bad neighborhoods.

And watch a lot of this happening too.

Thieves and morons is why we can't have nice things anymore. Credit card sales only.
edit on 25-5-2021 by ntech because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2021 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Side-Bar do some deep research on this fella .....

Chesa Boudin

posted on May, 26 2021 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Hahahahaha only in California can citizens think they can force a business to have a store and take losses.

posted on May, 26 2021 @ 12:42 PM
link   
If they haven't started labeling WalGreens as racist they will be shortly.

posted on May, 26 2021 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ntech

Sledgehammer and steal the contents.

posted on May, 26 2021 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04
Equip the machines with tear gas capsules with dye. The stuff they get will be contaminated. And the criminals marked.

Unless they go full dystopian and have armored shutters that automatically slam down and lock on your storefront. Entrance doors that require your credit card and a visual identification for a positive identification before entry.

Trap doors in the floor that drop you straight into a holding cell. Or a incinerator.

edit on 26-5-2021 by ntech because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2021 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Tekner

It really will be ..

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join