It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should Joe Biden Punish China for Half-Million U.S. Deaths by Pulling Out of the Beijing Olympics?.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2021 @ 04:15 AM
link   
No, the Olympics are about unity and the nations of the world coming together, no matter our differences.

Joe Biden should punish China by doing things that actually have substance - recognizing Taiwan independence, getting the nations of the world to tariff or set embargoes until they stop pollution and genocide.

posted on May, 24 2021 @ 04:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
a reply to: carewemust

Oh for the sake of the Lord.

Yep. Hypocrisy shall be your name.

After Russia finished in Afghanistan ... who invaded next? Hmm.

If there is one thing I hate with a God damn passion ... it is HYPOCRISY!

P

Quite a while after USSR withdrew, and promptly collapsed if I remember correctly.

And didn't some people do something?

Never mind the disingenuous implication that the U.S. ever had any intention of conquering, plundering and keeping the country, which USSR actually attempted.

Hypocrisy Indeed!

edit on 24-5-2021 by Nunyabizisit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2021 @ 04:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Sunday, May 23, 2021

Evidence continues to mount that Covid-19 was created in the Wuhan China laboratory, and the country of China not only hid the disease's existence, but facilitated it's propagation to every country on the planet.

In a recently released 21-page report titled “Covid-19 and the Wuhan Institute of Virology”, Republican members on the United States House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence (HPSCI) have stated that “significant circumstantial evidence” exists that the Covid-19 virus originated from a leak at China’s Wuhan Institute of Virology (WIV), and that the US government “may have funded or collaborated” in the research that led to it.

The Sunday Guardian has a copy of this report dated 19 May.

This report is likely to bring more global attention to the WIV and the alleged act of omission, commission done by the People’s Liberation Army (PLA) of China, which is managing the laboratory, which led to the escape of the Covid-19 virus from China to the rest of the world.
Source: www.sundayguardianlive.com...

COVID-19 is directly and indirectly responsible for 604,000 deaths, according to: www.worldometers.info...

-------------------------------

U.S. President JOSEPH R. BIDEN is now faced with the most difficult decision of his Presidency....and maybe his life.

The USA is scheduled to participate in the 2022 Winter Olympics 9 months from now (February 2022), in BEIJING, CHINA.

Source/Info: en.wikipedia.org...

ATS Members: In your opinion, should Joe Biden punish/protest China's attack on America (and the world), by pulling the United States out of the 2022 Beijing Olympics? What are the pros/cons of doing so?

I think he should pull us out. There will be lots of angry athletes and families. But hopefully, they will be more angry at the human carnage caused by China, than by the USA protesting/punishing China, by withdrawing from the games.

-CareWeMust

Your long enduring effort to keep folks here informed and engaged in reasonable discussion of new information is much appreciated.

By me anyway.

This is a tough one for me. I would hope IOC will promptly change the location, but have zero confidence they will do that.

If in Beijing, and seems reasonably safe, and athletes want to participate, I say leave politics at the door and deal with China in other ways.

posted on May, 24 2021 @ 04:41 AM
link   

No, stay in the Olympics.

posted on May, 24 2021 @ 05:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: pheonix358

No!

Keep politics out of the Olympics and Mother's Day threads.

Thanks Care.

P

I put this thread in the "Above Politics" forum because punishment for being mortally attacked should include not attending any events China is hosting.

"punishment for being mortally attacked should include not attending any events China is hosting"

You make a pretty strong arguement right there.

I'm pretty sure I'd be right there with you for any other event they were hosting.

I just think that the Olympics have a pretty special place in history and that we should bite our collective tongues if necessary (or even possible) for both the special historical significance and because this will be the one and only chance for many of our athletes.

I also believe that we have far more tools than needed to deal with CCP at any time, place, and method of our choosing.

If only we had a leader that didn't spend half his day humming the tune to 'If I only had a brain...' and the other half trying to figure out what his name is.

posted on May, 24 2021 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Id say move the Olympics.

posted on May, 24 2021 @ 06:33 AM
link   
personally i say move the olympics. it's true not going would be a huge hit for those involved. but aren't we living in the time of cancel culture? i would think all the lefties would be jumping at the chance to cancel something that would be taking a major stand over injustices, inhumanity and an evil government. it's far, far more than covid-19, which is just one of many reasons china needs to be held accountable over.

om the otherhand if we don't want to punish athletes, there is another even more effective way to hold china accountable. and that is go ahead and let the athletes compete. and just have every freedom loving country cut off ALL TRADE with china instead. and only reinstate trade when china acts to demands.

first and foremost china pays for ALL the damage their virus which they helped spread around the world caused. much of this could even e achieved trough canceling debts and loans countries have with china.

china frees countries they have taken over such as Tibet. and frees all political prisoners and hostages they hold.

china renounces fully and completely all of their territorial ambitions and false claims.

china removes all ships (especially fishing ships and patrol/"coast guard" ships in said areas and in other country's waters), and forces from said false claims where they have built things like artificial islands.and pay to have them reinstated to their natural states. and pay those fishermen from other countries for the damages to ships, equipment etc they have destroyed and run down. as well as huge fines for their illegal fishing and acts of terrorism.

free religious prisoners and stop interfering with religion in china.

restore Hong Kong to British rule. or let them gain their complete independence. forswear all claims on Taiwan.

pay fully companies they have ripped off with stealing ideas and products through industrial espionage. as well as all their copy rite violations from the last few decades and hand over those involved in such things to the relevant country's authorities for prosecution, and fully cooperate with thing like evidence and witnesses. including business executives and government employees who such work was done on behalf of being handed over.

posted on May, 24 2021 @ 06:50 AM
link   
If that’s the proper reaction to crimes against humanity. Seems a little lenient to me.

posted on May, 24 2021 @ 07:42 AM
link   

That will not punish china.
That will punish the athletes that have been training for the Olympics.

posted on May, 24 2021 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Pull out of the Winter Olympics?!?

How will we watch that amazing sport where they're sweeping the ice if they aren't there to play?

posted on May, 24 2021 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Send Cardi B. To sing the Chinese national Anthem.

posted on May, 24 2021 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

That is the biggest truth been brought soo far, I still can not think of anything China senile biden have done for the country as a president.

He will be in the anals of history as the biggest zero ever been in the presidency, he was a zero when in congress an I guess nothing have change yet.

He will do nothing about China because is no part of his schedule as a puppet.

posted on May, 24 2021 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I don't think it's worth punishing the Olympians that have been training their entire lives for that moment.

I'm sure there's better more effective ways the government *could* hold China accountable.

But we all know with Joey Bidet as POTUS the only goings on with China will be major butt kissing and most probably treasonous activities.

posted on May, 24 2021 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv
Well, since Joe Biden is clearly Jimmy Carter's protégé and is well on the road to out doing Carter as the suckiest, sorriest president in history (maybe a close second to Obama), and since Carter was the only president in history to boycott the Olympics, I guess on the one hand it'd be fitting for Beijing Joe to do that. But on the other hand, I'm pretty certain that Beijing Joe's handlers over in ...uh ... Beijing wouldn't approve of such a move. So I reckon it's a moot question.
:

Somewhere out there, Bill Clinton is snickering to himself, thankful that Carter, Obama, and Biden are/were so bad that their bad policies overshadow Clinton's adultery in the White House and impeachment for lying under oath.

posted on May, 24 2021 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Look dude , are you dense ? It was dr fauci and the USA government who gave all this money and info to China . They’re all to blame . Stop with anything else . Our government and dr fauci and dr baric are just as much to blame as China if not more . This was planned . There are no mistakes at the top .
If you can’t figure that out then get out of here because you’re spreading disinformation.

Fauci and the us government gave the millions and the technology to China for this covid 19 virus . It’s all out there for you to figure it out . I’ll wait

posted on May, 24 2021 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

I mean, I'd agree that it was overblown... But it's certainly real.

I know people who have been seriously ill or even passed because of it. People who have had the flu before and said that this is definitely different.

I'll admit the threat is comperable to the flu for most healthy people... But it was real, and it was a bit different.

posted on May, 24 2021 @ 01:44 PM
link   
How does our not being there hurt China?

I can't see it. It's an empty gesture akin to a strongly worded letter, so of course we will as it means nothing.

posted on May, 24 2021 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Should Joe Biden Punish China for Half-Million U.S. Deaths by Pulling Out of the Beijing Olympics?

No. If Biden wants to punish China, he should do it in a way that doesn't punish our coaches and athletes for something that they had no control over.

We need to approach this intelligently, and while there is a LOT of circumstantial evidence pointing to a release of the virus from Wuhan (including a report I saw yesterday that claimed that three Wuhan employees were sick and hospitalized in November 2019), until we have something more akin to a smoking gun, we shouldn't punish citizens and we shouldn't create a crazy international conflict over it.

And, IMO, as much as I hate the UN, I really think that the UN needs to step up and a massive coalition of nations, including us, need to punish China together. The question is...how, without punishing their innocent citizens as well?

It really is a tough question without an easy answer.
edit on 24-5-2021 by SlapMonkey because: my disjointed thought process needed smoothed over...

posted on May, 24 2021 @ 06:25 PM
link   
He’s more likely to boycott Japan over the “no BLM attire” allowed rule.

posted on May, 24 2021 @ 06:56 PM
link   

You're kidding right? We'll be lucky if China's take over
ends there. Nothing says they're done yet. And the celebration
ritual has always had a much larger tally.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join