It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why isn't there a "No Race Theory"?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2021 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I agree with you. The last major civil rights movement was about blacks. However, civil rights is not about race. We had women’s rights in the 90s and gay rights in the 2010s.

That’s the deconstructive tactic I’m pointing out. We’re regressing because of the decontructivism. When civil rights is only about the blacks, you’ve deconstructed the meaning of civil rights. And when that happens, you can replace it with things like critical race theory, to further perpetuate covert bigotry and literally change the definition of equality.

posted on May, 23 2021 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: MrEnergy

you kind of just proved my point. Civil rights was about Black's, Women's rights was about.....well, you know. The Sammich makers. And Gay, LGBTQRS rights is about that all inclusive group. So to lump them all into "civil rights" takes away from each's struggle. Not being gay, I have no idea what struggles they have, but just as the attitude of race has changed, so has the attitude of LGBTQRS changed, and because of their respective movements. I don't have to like it or agree with it, I just have to accept that they are happy, and as long as their good time doesn't intrude on mine, we have no issues.

posted on May, 23 2021 @ 08:55 AM
link   

No, I did not prove your point. In fact, you proved mine.

Taken from brittanica -
“Civil rights, guarantees of equal social opportunities and equal protection under the law regardless of race, religion, or other personal characteristics. Examples of civil rights include the right to vote, the right to a fair trial, the right to a public education, and the right to use public facilities.”

The fact that you see civil rights as a race thing specifically for blacks is in itself racist and proves the deconstruction of the meaning Civil Rights, which is a tactic within critical theory that post modernists use.

posted on May, 23 2021 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: MrEnergy

I understand that "civil rights" definition is inclusive to all, but the movement was granular. It was for black people, by black people. The LGBTQRS movement falls under civil rights, but is specific to that group, as the Women's right's movement is specific to Sammich makers, but falls under civil rights.

In America, up to that point, an oppressed group hadn't stood up and collectively said, # no, we aren't going to play by these rules anymore. And it worked. That movement sparked all that came after it.

And this is all my opinion, so in the end, you can still claim the win, I just feel differently.

I am impressed by the fortitude of those who championed their cause with peace in mind, and gained so much ground that the government felt the need to stop the movement. That was a moment of power, and one that we as a nation need to see again. Something about a government for the people and by the people seems to have gotten lost a few thousand miles from where it originated. So in the end, this is much much bigger than just the groups we are talking about. But we can't make that next step until we unify under something bigger than each other. And that catalyst has yet to happen.

posted on May, 23 2021 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: CryHavoc

Because it wouldn’t divide the population against one another, that’s why.

posted on May, 23 2021 @ 10:08 AM
link   

...the Women's right's movement is specific to Sammich makers...

Ummmmm.... women's rights are for the non-sammich-making women too. I don't even remember the last time I made a sammich... but I can almost guarantee you it was for me!

My husband likes to make his own sammiches. He likes to stand in the fridge and/or the pantry and choose his ingredients, and he knows just how much of what he likes and prefers. So he likes to make his own sammiches. And that's fine with me!

Breakfast is another story. He loves that I make him breakfast every morning... he actually brags about it to the guys he works with. Go figure!

posted on May, 23 2021 @ 10:14 AM
link   

That’s what you are missing. They have manipulated you into deconstructing the definition of civil rights to the point where the op is asking why JR wasn’t a woke dbag.

He was a civil rights activist. And if you think it was by blacks for blacks, I think you miss the point entirely of what he was pushing. That’s like saying if he was alive today, he wouldn’t care about gay rights because he’s not gay. Or women’s rights because he’s not a woman. That’s idiotic.

So for the op to ask “But the thing that gets me is why isn't there a 'No Race Theory. Isn't that what Martin Luther King, jr. wanted?”, I point out that the op has no clue what they’re talking about with regards to critical theory and how they themselves have been manipulated into deconstructing the meaning of civil rights, and what civil rights leaders in the past were advocating.

So, no. JR did not want “no race theory” because critical theory, wether it be critical race theory or critical queer theory, goes against the idea of civil liberties and individual freedom and responsibility.

posted on May, 23 2021 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: CryHavoc
There's a black woman on YouTube I watched who says it's completely Marxist. We definitely don't want that. Millions of people died under Marxist regimes. It's a mostly failed system.

Broken record time again.

Critical Race IS NOT MARXIST.

Marxism is a class based ideology that divides people up based on their economic status and productivity.

There is literally no consideration of race involved.

Under a Marxist system poor white man would be your brother, but wealthy black person would be your enemy

If BLM were Marxist they'd be storming Oprah Winfrey's mansion and redistributing her wealth to poor white people.

Will people please stop talking about Marxism and race, because Marxism is colorblind to the extent that it sees race as irrelevant.

posted on May, 23 2021 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

Correct. I can see how people get to that conclusion, but the word “Postmodernism” doesn’t exist in their vocabulary because it’s been deliberately neglected from the mainstream media. Critical theory is a necessity to postmodernism, not Marxism.

posted on May, 23 2021 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Cause there are no stat an elemental bonuses which would be critical to your adventure if this were Tamriel or Azeroth.
edit on 23-5-2021 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2021 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: CryHavoc

But the thing that gets me is why isn't there a 'No Race Theory.

There is - it's called anthropology.

Whether certain people like it or not we are all one species (with different fingerprints).

Here's a good video about it.

posted on May, 23 2021 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

If BLM were Marxist they'd be storming Oprah Winfrey's mansion and redistributing her wealth to poor white people.

Ya can't get any clearer that that. This cliche of putting up an ''evil Marxist'' umbrella over everything serves no purpose other than to dumb down those who fall under it's sway.

posted on May, 23 2021 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Specimen88
Cause there are no stat an elemental bonuses which would be critical if this were Tamriel or Azeroth.

Yeah, they seem to think Git Gud refers to race handicap line shotcuts.

I say get rid of every-#ing-thing for race & gender protections. My gay mothers-in-law have been behind that for decades -- flush the race, gender, age & orientation protections down the toilet, and let society figure out who wants who to work for them with no government nannying hiring oversight involved, and thus, we figure out who wants to work for who with THAT info in hand. That's a truly free & self-educated society, and that's the kind we should want and strive for -- showing we're ALL big enough people to assess, and choose employment or patronage accordingly per situation. We've gotten WAY too used to blanket handicaps as a society, and this is not a good thing to get smug about.

It doesn't take much for me to see a huge benefit there. Might slow me down some now and then weeding through places, but I'd rather know who's a # company to work for and who isn't before I apply. Heck, MAYBE I'm the type who'd get on great in a place where self-deprecating humor and cheesy sex jokes are a thing. Yeah, I'd work there. Plenty of others would squash that into "anti-hurtful joke oppression" & ruin it for the rest of us, though. EO, right down to what's got an equal opportunity for humor. I'll pass on that dumpster fire, # off and grow ovaries/testicles already. Nobody's THAT special to warrant controlling everyone's idea of funny.

Just imagine, walk in a door somewhere, notice it's a bit of a Knuckledragger Special in there, maybe take some gender or age flak, and make a choice from that. Now why in the # would I want to work for that business when they're forced to be nice in reality? All that gets is resentment against the hire, I want to know who the dicks are so I can apply elsewhere without going through the employment clock-in motions BEFORE figuring that stuff out.

Now why the hell can't anyone else see that silver lining? It'd be so god. DAMN. easy to use to weed out the less-than-ideal businesses we wouldn't want to work in. Just takes admitting none of us are actually Speshul Cupcakes in everyday reality. I'm really tired of catering to people who think they are.
edit on 5/23/2021 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2021 @ 11:39 AM
link   

I"m lost in all labeled talk of post modernism and deconstructionism and detoxification but I think there was more to the civil rights movement than just blacks standing up. There was a growing segment of Americans who were white and knew that the manner in which black people had been held in chains literally and figuratively from the inception of our nation was wrong and long overdue to be eliminated.

The power of civil rights was what many were struggling for. In the example of the struggle to allow civil rights to apply to black people, those white people who joined in that struggle were called ''n'' lovers by you know who.
Same with women's rights. Women stood up and were joined by a lot of men who knew that civil rights had been denied that entire sex for way to long. Those men were called all sorts of names for abandoning that traditional male dominated social structure.

I don't know as any of these individual group struggles for equality and civil rights could succeed at all if it was only their own ''group'' that was struggling. Each needs the help of those who already accorded these civil rights.
And in many cases those who joined in the struggles of any of these groups were those who present as liberal. Those people whose compassion for all people, those with empathy of others struggles were essential for each of those specific movements. The compassion and empathy of those people was then turned into the pejoritive, ''bleeding hearts''.

posted on May, 23 2021 @ 11:48 AM
link   

I've always wondered why no one has brought up the fact that racism is taught in schools.

It's called a history class.

posted on May, 23 2021 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThatDamnDuckAgain
Because it would not divide us. We wouldn't have a lot of prejudice that the MSM could exploit to justify wars, invade our lives and keep us distracted with.

Precisely. Peace is not profitable, ergo an industrial obstacle to overcome with fabricated conflict that translates to public relations, marketing strategy and ultimately economic leverage.

posted on May, 23 2021 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm
I seldom play games but when, it's economy simulator. In the one I play, I can influence the citizens with propaganda articles to prevent upheavals because of missing goods or manipulate their consumption, productive rate, war efforts and others.

Even though I don't want to use it, if I want to stay ahead I need to max out all mechanisms that are available. That's the devil's catch. Transfer this to whole counties and politicians rat race, it's hard to believe a lot of global effort's and pushes happen currently are all random.

The one's pulling the strings don't care about nationality, not even money maybe. It's power. With power money doesn't matter.

posted on May, 23 2021 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I've wondered what would make me S.P.E.C.I.A.L. Then again, a world where everyone special, results that no one is.

The more things change, the more they seem to stay the same. Usually the best way to deal with someone who wants attention is to give them little if any at all...works for relationships too.

Usually I find people like that to be frail for the most, consumed by their fear instead of accepting it, an gives them a false sense of confidence, or awareness to details, an think its a "Brave New World". Like the Eastern Philosical Attachment/De-Attachment schools of thought, that the possessions end up doing the possessing.

Idk, I'm inclined to say that it the man that makes the suit, instead of the suit making the man.

posted on May, 23 2021 @ 12:22 PM
link   
As someone with a useless Sociology degree, I can tell you that most academics understand that the whole notion of "race" is a wildly outdated, 19th Century concept that has been disproven for decades. But people still think that way because it's much easier to hate somebody when you define them as "The Other.". Hard to hate somebody just because of their variant genetic haplotypes.

posted on May, 23 2021 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
As someone with a useless Sociology degree, I can tell you that most academics understand that the whole notion of "race" is a wildly outdated, 19th Century concept that has been disproven for decades. But people still think that way because it's much easier to hate somebody when you define them as "The Other.". Hard to hate somebody just because of their variant genetic haplotypes.

Terminology may be antiquated but racism is still very real, Nazis are still very real, and ethnic cleansing is still very real.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join