It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any Farmers in ATS Can you Verify or Debunk the Claim That Farmers are Being Paid to Destroy Harvest

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2021 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I saw this a few days back, and wanted to wait to see if anyone would post anything about this. So far I haven't seen anyone posting this, unless I am mistaken and someone did.

So, this man posted a video on tiktok claiming that his father was threatened that he would not be getting subsidies from the government unless he sold his crop to the China Biden government and then destroyed his crops.

According to this same man, if this is true, we have about 8 months (not 4) before we start seeing food-shortages/famine.

This man claims that his father was offered 1.5 times the value of his crops, but only if he destroyed those crops.

The video is embedded in the following link.

Below is also an excerpt from the link.

You heard it with your own ears, directly from a guy who whose family owns a farm: "They're trying to create a food shortage!"

HOLODOMOR 2.0 guys. It can happen again. The same people that have brought you 100s of millions of dead last century using famine, are in power now in the US and most of the world. They used food as a weapon in places like Ukraine and the former Soviet Union, and now they're going to try to do the same thing here in the USA.

CLIMATE CHANGE AS EXCUSE

The Biden administration announced on Wednesday, 21 April, that it would expand a program that pays farmers to leave land fallow, part of a broader, government-wide effort to cut greenhouse gas emissions in half by 2030. The new initiative will incentivize farmers to take land out of production by raising rental rates and incentive payments.

The Conservation Reserve Program (CRP) was created in 1985 to incentivize landowners to leave some of their marginal land unplanted, a plan meant to protect the environment by reducing agricultural runoff into streams and rivers, preserving wildlife habitats, and preventing erosion. Today, the Department of Agriculture (USDA) “rents” about 21 million acres of farmland from landowners, typically for 10 years at a time—a tiny fraction of the total land farmed nationwide. In recent years, the number of acres enrolled in CRP has fallen, possibly because USDA’s rental payments allegedly have not been competitive with the open market.

GOVERNMENT TRYING TO CREATE FOOD SHORTAGE - PAYING FARMERS TO DESTROY CROPS; THREATENING NO FARM SUBSIDIES IF THEY REFUSE

edit on 22-5-2021 by ElectricUniverse because: add, correct comment and correct title.

posted on May, 22 2021 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

thanks for posting this - the supply chain is broken or majorly disrupted for so many items right now, so if there is an agenda to put further strain, targeted specifically at domestic agricultural supply chains & the local food that would be the coup de grace & end of whatever civility/humanity is left in the West...

posted on May, 22 2021 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Yes. However, this has been going on for at least the past 10 years. It's part of price control for the market, and sometimes the Gov steps in and pays you more than you would make to harvest and sell - to just destroy it all. It's a weird yet fairly normal mechanism for market control.

posted on May, 22 2021 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

However, this time around the program has been expanded, or so claims the website i linked, when we know that China Biden and the CCP loyalist democrats are waging a war on gas. Last i heard gas prices in NC is $9.99 a gallon? Or so claims a lady that filmed her receipt and what the gas station pump had for prices.

edit on 22-5-2021 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on May, 22 2021 @ 09:51 PM
link   

We being attack on all fronts!

Earth to the Creator please destroy the wicked!

posted on May, 22 2021 @ 10:25 PM
link   

I don't believe this to be true for your average American farmer. The government only subsidizes corn, soybeans, wheat, cotton, and rice. So even if what the man said was true, it would not create a significant food shortage.

As far as gas is concerned, California has the highest gas prices in America at around four dollars a gallon. The average across America is under four dollars a gallon.

edit on 22-5-2021 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Corrected dollar amount on the average gas prices.

posted on May, 22 2021 @ 11:14 PM
link   
The government has been doing this for years, but I do not know if they are doing it right now, I have not read anything in the farm and agriculture reports lately about this. Finally those agencies are posting things online again, but they are not up to date yet, most are a month behind. I look at futures in foods to try to determine what things i should increase stock in for my pantry. I can save a lot if I know what is happening two months out. Sweet Baby rays is at ninety seven cents a bottle this week at one store, and ninety nine cents at another, plus we had a coupon for fifty cents off of three...but the wife ripped it so oh well. We only need two more in stock anyway.

I don't want people to think I am a food Hoarder, I am just a nut about getting a good price on what we eat.

posted on May, 22 2021 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

Pretty much this. They are gaming the commodities market under the auspices of conservation. (CRP). If produce becomes scarce its because of hoarding.

posted on May, 22 2021 @ 11:26 PM
link   

From a quick search, this practice isn't wide-spread. But could a targeted crop-destruction approach work like the targeted cheating "they" used, to get Biden into the White House?

edit on 5/23/2021 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2021 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse
Last i heard gas prices in NC is $9.99 a gallon?

North Carolina??? Yeah, no. They're still under 3 bucks. I filled up in Missouri for $2.57 today. Down 4 cents from last week.

posted on May, 22 2021 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein
Yes. However, this has been going on for at least the past 10 years. It's part of price control for the market, and sometimes the Gov steps in and pays you more than you would make to harvest and sell - to just destroy it all. It's a weird yet fairly normal mechanism for market control.

So it's not a partisan problem then? Check.

Next....

posted on May, 22 2021 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

You are correct the spend millions on it - Spying on Europe’s farms with satellites and drones

All about making a "Healthy living for the farmer" so remind me who is the largest farmland owner in the usa, well before his wife gets half in the upcoming divoice.

posted on May, 22 2021 @ 11:45 PM
link   

You must be too young not to remember being paid NOT to grow corn...

posted on May, 23 2021 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

I actually knew farmers who got paid not to grow something, and they still planted other stuff in their fields, so they made double the money. The one farmer got about twenty grand not to grow his forty acre field for many years....so he made hay and traded it to the local farmers for their cows and got beef, pork, and eggs for the hay.

posted on May, 23 2021 @ 01:12 AM
link   
My understanding is that it works like Federally provided crop insurance. In other words, if you grow corn this year and the crop doesn't produce what some idjit in the government thinks it should produce, or if it produces well but the price is too low to make a decent profit, the government will pay you for the crop. But only if the crop is destroyed. So farmers do often plow crops under because they can make more in Federal money for doing so than they can harvesting it.

Just more governmental inefficiency. They're so scared that someone might make a few dollars more than they want them to, that they'd rather see food destroyed in the field than take a chance someone might sell what little is there.

It's also an old, old, old program, been in place for a decade or two at least.

I'm not a farmer myself, but that's what I gleaned over the years talking with my cousin, who just happens to farm several thousand acres. I know the red tape he has to go through to assure a profit is horrendous!

TheRedneck

posted on May, 23 2021 @ 01:19 AM
link   
it's all about keeping the price of food artificially high. so that big food industry can make maximum profits. they have actually been paying farmers, not to farm for decades. like a relative who has been paid by the government not to farm, for over 50 years.

on the other side of the coin the Philippines is having a bit of a food shortage, with raising prices on food, especially meat. with China to blame for the meat prices due to all the illegal pork contaminated with swine flu they have been smuggling into the country. which has caused a huge problem with swine flu. and at the same time we are hearing about farmers destroying their crops, because the can't sell it for enough to cover the cost of the harvesting equipment to harvest it. all the while fruit and vegetable prices at stores and markets has been going up, and up.

posted on May, 23 2021 @ 01:33 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

This is completely normal and not nearly as sinister as it's being make out to be.

It's being done for many reasons, but one of them is to prevent over production, which pushes prices down domestically making it harder for farmers to make a living, and which leads to US farmers dumping (selling their products for less than cost price) on foreign markets.

Imagine if Chinese companies makes more bra than Chinese customers can actually wear, so the Chinese get together and they put all of their bra into shipping containers and they send them over to America, and they sell them for "almost no profit". Just enough to cover their costs. This leads to millions of cheap bra flooding the American markets. Supply exceeds demand so prices go down, and American bra manufacturers can't compete because their costs are higher than the Chinese companies. This is good for people with boobs, but bad for bra manufacturers.

This is basically what's happening with farming. Cheap American food is flooding foreign markets and is harming their farmers. America is China, if you take the above example.

posted on May, 23 2021 @ 01:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: generik
it's all about keeping the price of food artificially high. so that big food industry can make maximum profits. they have actually been paying farmers, not to farm for decades. like a relative who has been paid by the government not to farm, for over 50 years.

American food prices are among the lowest in the world. It's not about keeping prices high, industrial farming and factory farming mean that Americans pay out a relatively small percentage of their incomes on food. When was the last time that your food cost more than your rent? In a lot of countries it's normal for about 1/3 of a person's income to go on food.

The profit in food isn't in farming it, it's in processing it and selling it in boxes. The actual ingredients are so cheap that it's difficult for small farmers to make a living without government subsidies.

posted on May, 23 2021 @ 01:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

originally posted by: JAGStorm

I actually knew farmers who got paid not to grow something, and they still planted other stuff in their fields, so they made double the money. The one farmer got about twenty grand not to grow his forty acre field for many years....so he made hay and traded it to the local farmers for their cows and got beef, pork, and eggs for the hay.

Depending on the actual terms of his agreement that might be perfectly legal.

The farmer is growing hay, which is a very low intensity crop. It doesn't stress the soil and it doesn't require many chemicals. He was essentially letting his fields go fallow.

posted on May, 23 2021 @ 01:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: TXRabbit

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein

So it's not a partisan problem then? Check.

Next....

It's been going on in some way of another for the last 50 years. It's normal and commonly done in many countries.

"One" of the reasons is that farmers are being pressured into growing as much as possible on as much of their land as possible (Farming isn't very profitable, most of the money is in selling the products once they've been made into something like a pie or a can of soup).

Farmers have been trying to get 2 or 3 crops a year out of their fields, and to utilize as many fields as possible.

This stresses the soil. Nutrients are taken out but aren't being allowed to recover, so farmers have to use chemical fertilizers instead.

They also get a buildup of pests, fungusmould and diseases. So they have to use pesticides, herbicides and yet more chemicals to combat this.

Farmers also have to use a LOT of water. Which tends to wash chemicals off of the soil and into local streams, which can kill fish or contaminate drinking water.

The government pays farmers to leave fields empty (It's called having a Fallow field). The farmers gets money so that they don't have to use the field, which gives the soil a chance to naturally recover and for chemicals to dissipate. After a couple of years the farmer can use that field again and the soil will be better and will grow better crops without so much chemicals.

This isn't a conspiracy, it's good for the soil, its good for farmers, and it's good for consumers because their food has less chemicals in it.

America doesn't have a food shortage, and it's food prices are some of the lowest in the world. Particularly meat and grains.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join