It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Discord Server? I think its a great idea!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Im not sure if this is the right place to post/ask this, but has any consideration gone into making an ATS discord server?

Im just asking because you can set it up just like the forum, a channel for each topic.

Ive been on this forum for 16+ years (lurked for the longest) and it really has the BEST discussions you can find on these alternative topics contained herein. The knowledge and education on said topics of the members is incredible. Ive always found myself, every dat constantly refreshing.. rapidly.. the "recent" and "new" page dying to see who is on and what they are talking about.

It sucks late at night when I want to go in on a UFO binge, or a Natural Disaster deep dive, or throw some mud in the pit but the posts are flowing a bit slow.

Having a live chat on Discord for ATS'ers could be REALLY awesome. It could also allow us to spread and gather information more quickly.

Has any attempt been made to do this? Is it feasible?

Does anyone else support the idea?

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 11:29 PM
link   

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88
a reply to: Lucidparadox

discord.gg...

Well now I feel like an idiot.

Thank you.

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 11:31 PM
link   

There is an unofficial discord that was created back when the site was for sale.

discord.gg...

It's sometimes active, sometimes quiet.

Political animosity stuff doesn't go over well, though moderation is light.

ETA: beat to the punch. Not sure if the other link is permanent, but mine should work forever. There was an issue with them expiring way back when.
edit on 5/21/21 by Ksihkehe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 11:34 PM
link   

It's ok. I only found out about it after another member posted the link a couple months ago. I don't really do the discord thing much but it was nice to have alternative in case ats shut down.

a reply to: Ksihkehe

Dunno i just used the invite link from the app. I don't know anything about discord. i use it to read updates from the metroid construction forums and i use the hollow knight channel to download mods. Oh and to post an english translation i made of the links awakening remake using the solarus engine and for some code i added to Cataclysm Dark Days Ahead.
edit on 21/5/2021 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Yea, it's old.

Still kinda active though. Sorta like a HAM radio frequency for the Internet.

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 11:54 PM
link   
The members that are there...you don't want to chat to...

It's the usual clique of undesirables.

edit on 21-5-2021 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2021 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Not to be confused with the Reddit.

posted on May, 22 2021 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: MykeNukem

The reddit is a sad place full of people crying because they got banned for being idiots.

posted on May, 22 2021 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: dug88

Yea, I was trying to reply to NarcolepticBudha..but my reply is buggy i guess.

Agreed, though.

posted on May, 22 2021 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Ok, either way you mentioned the subreddit...your mention reminded me that my only experience on there was people crying and complaining after explaining how they disobeyed all of ats's rules repeatedly, freaked out at the mods and didn't understand why they were banned. The discord is higher quality than that.
edit on 22/5/2021 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2021 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Ok, either way you mentioned the subreddit...your mention reminded me that my only experience on there was people crying and complaining after explaining how they disobeyed all of ats's rules repeatedly, freaked out at the mods and didn't understsnd why they were banned.

Yes, that and making up stuff about certain members that they didn't like.

The Discord is not that. Lol.

The Reddit is like PizzaGate or something...ask AM...he knows...he dealt with it..

posted on May, 22 2021 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Ahaha of course he did sounds like something he'd do, taking the time to bother with the whiny #ers on there.
edit on 22/5/2021 by dug88 because: I'm just kidding, AM's alright.

posted on May, 22 2021 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Ahaha of course he did sounds like something he'd do, taking the time to bother with the whiny #ers on there.

Exactly. LMAO.

We have a hate, hate, relationship, but, sometimes you gotta love it.

He'll smack down those lil wankers...lol

posted on May, 22 2021 @ 03:59 AM
link   

You gotta love this attitude of many boards about critic on the ruling class not being allowed

posted on May, 22 2021 @ 05:09 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Noted.

posted on May, 22 2021 @ 07:10 AM
link   

dug88 - I knew nothing of this, thanks for raising it.

Lucid paradox, thanks for the link.

posted on May, 22 2021 @ 07:34 AM
link   
It's a fun chat. Laid back. Little to no moderation, just don't be a jerk. Only one person has been banned, and they had to work incredibly hard at it, coming in after throwing a tantrum from being banned here. It's a handful of regulars in there, but don't let that intimidate you. I post "offensive" memes.

But what do I know? I'm just an undesirable. 🤷‍♂️

posted on May, 22 2021 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: MykeNukem
The Reddit is like PizzaGate or something...ask AM...he knows...he dealt with it..

All my friends are there who I never knew I had.

posted on May, 22 2021 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Asked - Answered and Closed.

new topics

top topics

join