It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Concerned about mRNA-based vaccines, then buckle up!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on May, 21 2021 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I know that there is a lot of concern over mRNA-based vaccines and how this relatively still-experimental tech is being guilted into people's bodies as I type this (or willingly injected, of course), but if you think that it is even close to stopping at the COVID-19 vaccine, wait'll you get a load of what Moderna has in the works.

Moderna Unveils Results of New mRNA Vaccine Candidate Trials

The pharmaceutical powerhouse Moderna has made headlines over the past year by creating an effective vaccine for the novel coronavirus that employs messenger RNA (mRNA) technology. As the Covid-19 pandemic rages on and demand for the 2-dose vaccine remains high, the biotechnology company is deploying mRNA for use in new vaccines that hopefully will provide immunity against diseases such as respiratory syncytial virus (RSV), cytomegalovirus (CMV), human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), Zika, Epstein-Barr Virus, and influenza, among others.

Riding on the success of the company’s COVID-19 vaccine, Moderna has 14 different mRNA-based vaccines currently undergoing clinical trials.

Yup, you're reading that correctly--they have 14 different mRNA-based vaccines in clinical trials right now.

Look, I'm not getting the COVID vaccine, but I'm also not one of those people who will say that the tech--not some of the ingredients, just the tech--behind mRNA-based vaccinations isn't a promising new step in medicine and shouldn't be aggressively pursued. But I will definitely say that human beings shouldn't be guilted into getting said vaccines under EAUs and propogandized PSAs.

In any event, the near future as it pertains to vaccinations is going to be an interesting one, if not a bid scary and concerning. While the cases of severe side effects of the COVID-19 vaccines are relatively low in relation to vaccines administered, we still don't know what would happen, say, if we were to give multiple mRNA-based vaccines to a single person at a single time. We already stress the bodies of our infants and toddlers way more than necessary with current vaccines, so putting the same amount in our kids that are this new technology concerns me greatly.

The bottom line, if you like this tech and are emboldened by the results of the COVID-19 vaccines, this will excite you. If you are cautiously skeptical for any reason, this might concern you slightly (but hopefully these new vaccines will undergo the full amount of testing and be fully approved before going on the market). If you think that mRNA-based vaccines are the mark of the beast or a satanic plot to cull the world, this will probably put you naked in the fetal position on the cold floor in the corner of your room while sucking on your thumb.

My stance...this is a wait-and-see game, and I think that the responsible approach is to allow full testing AND proof of safety and efficacy over extended time periods. If you want to get one of these before that happens, that should be your choice and option, but I prefer to err on the side of caution when it comes to allowing people to inject stuff into my body.

And a few side questions: Don't viruses serve a purpose in the macroscopic view of our existence? Should we always be trying to defeat them, and if so, will that cause any unintentional consequences in the long run of human existence?

ETA: It also doesn't seem that these immunities are going to be much different than our standard flu shots, even with the new tech.

Pfizer CEO: Third Dose of Vaccine Likely Needed Within 1 Year
edit on 21-5-2021 by SlapMonkey because: added second link

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Interesting and concerning both. I lay somewhere between skeptical, let's wait and see and this is some culling of the herd. Though the whole satanist taking over the world I find far fetched. Perhaps let's call them what they really are, a group of elitist sociopaths.(I've known some pretty down to earth satanists over the years. Really dont thinkthey are trying to take over the world. Most are too baked to move anyhow.) So I will just continue to avoid unnecessary vaccines RNA or otherwise. Not anti vax, just anti unnecessary bodily harm.
I think the larger problem lies with the pharmaceutical industry and government being in bed together. It has and will continue to not bode well for is "regular folks" until something about that changes. Just my 2 cents.

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey
Oddly enough, "success" has a new definition, considering we are still in the 1st 6 mos. of a global challenge testiing, from a company who was literally going bankrupt prior Covid, after having all animal test subjects die in ALL previous efforts at RNA based " vaccines."

edit on 21-5-2021 by BlueJacket because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

I definitely have my concerns about the effects of these vaccines over the coming year--I sincerely hope that my concerns end up being unfounded.

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 12:52 PM
link   
today i recieved yet another text AND a letter imploring me to take part in the experiment. deleted and binned in that order. why won't they leave people alone? their persistence feeds my resistance. i won't fold.
edit on 21 5 2021 by RoScoLaz5 because: spelling

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 12:54 PM
link   
The running joke is now I'm going to be the only one left alive in my family cause I'm refusing being vaccinated.
Call me crazy but I'd rather wait 5 yrs or so to see how this all shakes out before being a lab-rat.
Nothing I'm reading is giving me any confidence that this doesn't have the potential to go either way right now, everyone is rushing an it's peoples lives they're playing with for a buck.

BTW...I don't disparage people who've made the big-V choice, it's just not for me. Subject to more data an information eventually, maybe.

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 12:56 PM
link   
It could become a good thing as with any technology it's really how you use it

A good example of a bad way to use new technology is to do it without addaquit testing

The risk vs reward in this case was not worth it if it was human nature would take over and there would be no need to convince or entice people to take the vax

As to weather we should stop viruses well thats a hard call look at it this way we could of done nothing about aids and effectivly cut the entire human populations life span down 2/3s

So its a hard call we probly should leave most stuff alone like seasonal illness thats a fight well never win but if ebola starts spreading like a cold we either all die or find a cure/vaxx

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78
The running joke is now I'm going to be the only one left alive in my family cause I'm refusing being vaccinated.
Call me crazy but I'd rather wait 5 yrs or so to see how this all shakes out before being a lab-rat.
Nothing I'm reading is giving me any confidence that this doesn't have the potential to go either way right now, everyone is rushing an it's peoples lives they're playing with for a buck.

BTW...I don't disparage people who've made the big-V choice, it's just not for me. Subject to more data an information eventually, maybe.

You wont have to wait that long.

The real question is- what are they going to blame the deaths and suffering, and disease on when it begins, and are they going to retreat down into their bunkers, and how soon? Dont forget about all the artwork, at the Denver airport. All Mason crap, telling what they have planned for you.

Children: do not accept candy or rides in a car from strangers

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Progress takes risk. Where we are today, is a long way from were we started in medicine. We have learned a lot, done a lot of amazing things, and made a lot of mistakes. We have thought we had conquered some things, only to find we were wrong. We should have been humbled, but medicine is not big on humility, and they have shown from the past, some have no problem with throwing the baby out with the bath water.

Medicine's biggest problem is the risk factor, and it becomes even a bigger problem when that risk is being forced onto those that have not been allowed informed consent, have been coerced, or threatened into participating in the treatment or care.

I believe that we will become aware of a lot of things in the future that we as humans can do, that does no mean that we should do them.

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78 it's just not for me. Subject to more data an information eventually, maybe.

who needs data when we have 24/7 propaganda and peer pressure? those are what matter today.

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 01:13 PM
link   
They have been working on mrna for at least 3 decades..whatever.

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 01:17 PM
link   
The biggest thing to be scare off, is the fact that big pharma and none of the people behind any of their miracle "treatments" give two rat ass how many people they kill with their experiments.

They are not better than China.

In the US the government and phama gets protection.

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I am most definitely not an anti-vaxxer!

That said I do not think this 'Vaccine" went through the clinical trials and the time to see it's effects. Thalidomide is an excellent example of why we have security and protocols in place for the development of these medical technologies.

I will take a wait and see approach in the mean time I want to see more discussion on my natural immunity is not being discussed!

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 01:18 PM
link   
As a stockholder of Moderna, I fully support this research and development

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiaBandetoh
I am most definitely not an anti-vaxxer!

That said I do not think this 'Vaccine" went through the clinical trials and the time to see it's effects. Thalidomide is an excellent example of why we have security and protocols in place for the development of these medical technologies.

I will take a wait and see approach in the mean time I want to see more discussion on my natural immunity is not being discussed!

Thalidomide is a good example, but we have more recent examples advertised to us almost daily on the TV. Commercials with lawyers asking people that have had a negative response to a product that was on the market for decades, only to find out they were deadly, and for them to be recalled, to come forward to be a member in the lawsuit, and to get your part of the settlement.

Pharmaceuticals are recalled regularly because they found the short term benefits were not equal to the long term effects. Fast tracking and short cutting trials is just irresponsible, and inhumane.

Just a thought.

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78

Yeah, this pretty much sums up my approach as well. I've already had COVID, and other than some nagging-but-light chest congestion for a couple weeks and about a week of very annoying fatigue, I've fully recovered with no issues, and never had a fever once. I'm certain that my body can handle it again if necessary--it's a chance that me and my family are willing to take in order to be able to watch from the outside as to how those who are vaccinated fare over time.

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: TXRabbit
As a stockholder of Moderna, I fully support this research and development

A lot of politicians are saying the same thing

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I understand people's reluctance, I got 1 jab so far, was not something I wanted to do..just yet. But was going to make work easier, truth is I just don't give a f anymore, if it kills me..oh well, if it doesn't..oh well. But to be clear mrna is not brand new, the implementation is, but this has been worked on for decades, it opens up lots of good possibilities..we shall see.
edit on 21-5-2021 by vonclod because: punctuation

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

Thanks for that. Driverless cars have been in the works since the 80s, but they still crash and cause problems and the systems are not infallible.

Appealing to length of time that something is 'in the works' as a means to prove its safety/efficacy is a logical fallacy.

As for your "whatever.
" part, what in my comments hurts your sensibilities on the topic? I never once said that these are proven unsafe, nor did I say that you should take my approach to the topic. So, what are you so "whatever" about?

ETA: You didn't edit your punctuation, you completely rewrote your comment, but your rewrite makes more sense (even though your apathy as to the effects of a voluntary drug is...disheartening). I also softened my tone a bit.
edit on 21-5-2021 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

originally posted by: vonclod

Thanks for that. Driverless cars have been in the works since the 80s, but they still crash and cause problems and the systems are not infallible.

Appealing to length of time that something is 'in the works' as a means to prove its safety/efficacy is a logical fallacy. Please come with something better.

As for your very mature "whatever.
" part, what in my comments hurts your sensibilities on the topic? I never once said that these are proven unsafe, not did I say that you should take my approach to the topic. So, what are you so "whatever" about?

That was my "I'm grumpy before my coffee post" Forgive me, and don't take offence! I clarified my thoughts in my next post, I just so tired of this crap.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join