It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

About a million bees left on a hot UPS truck for weeks are dead

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 02:19 PM
link   
This bums me out, I leave a good size patch of wildflowers in my yard..just for the bee's. I see less every year..this doesn't bode well.

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
a reply to: ketsuko
Yeah, its kind of crazy what gets shipped. I order chicks, but those always come via the mail, and I pick them up early in the morning, right at the post office.

And that's the thing, if this was a truck load of chicks, reptiles or even fish, people would be up in arms about it.
Insects, not so much I guess.

I have heard, as of late, a fair bit of livestock of all varieties are perishing via shipping delays.

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Well I certainly would understand leaving the bee's, if the driver was allergic. But then you tell someone. And you don't leave them for a couple weeks in the truck. That is on UPS.

Common sense seems to have been in short supply here.

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I bet some driver miss handled one of the boxes of bees and broke the box open.

I have received boxes that looked like they had been chucked across the room, luckily the shipper had packed the boxes with heavy shock absorbing air pillows inside and the laptop survived.

I am not a beekeeper but have been trained in catching swarms and have trapped one swarm in a large parking lot by getting a cardboard box from one of the stores and shaking the swarm into the box and putting it into my van to take it to a friend that trained me, and then we put them in a Layens hive box.

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

No argument there. They messed up.

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Thats awful. Stupid UPS! I can't figure out how someone didn't know there were live creatures in there and take care of it.
Agree with what was said about at least opening the doors so they could get out. Disgusting
edit on 21-5-2021 by Starcrossd because: spelling

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

BLM "Bees Lives Matter"

We should riot over this!!!!

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
a reply to: Caver78
Yeah, a little hard to get the honey and bee's wax outta there. LOL

Glad your getting them re-homed though. You should get some free honey for that!

Once the bees are out, use a heat gun, the ones that blow hot air. Put a very clean pail under the area to collect it all.

hummy

P

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom I don't think they are selling bees anymore this year. His hives will remain empty for the next year.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join