It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greater Idaho

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 03:01 AM
link   
** I couldn't find an existing thread so I apologize if this has been done and I missed it. **

7 Oregon counties voted to secede from The State of Oregon.  The plan called Greater Idaho will reduce Oregon a populated heroin haven river valley, take a county in the southeast corner of Washington, and cut the top off of California to form a new coastal conservative state.

www.sfgate.com...

This will go interesting places when it seems EVERY RURAL COUNTY In EVERY BLUE STATE wants to join a conservative neighbor and passes symbolic legislation. An envisioned future of "Children, can we name all 56 states, 146 enclaves, and 79 exclaves?"

It will really expose the growing hatred within this Map of America when it attempts to break apart accordingly.

edit on 21-5-2021 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Sounds good to me. Can't say more apart from let the crazyidiots have their places and decent folk theirs.

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 03:50 AM
link   
My family lives in Southern Ohio. We are a Conservative area in a mostly red state (state government is red). My wife and I already plan to move if Ohio ends up making stupid laws. I think we all need an escape plan to flee the Blue Goo.

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 04:54 AM
link   
So , Barry's 57 states will come to fruition ?

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33

Just secede and start a new country. The more countries the
bigger pain in the ass for the globalists. LOL Kind of hard to
globalize with new countries popping up all the time. IDK

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Well, when Red state policies are WORKING and Blue state policies are just the worse, I can totally expect.

Right now, Americans are too nice, but are slowly "waking up" to realization that perhaps voting emotionally wasn't such a good idea.

I'm been smooth sailing here in TX, other than a power crisis, we've been real good here in TX.

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Thanks for posting this, I saw this yesterday and wanted to talk about it. That's a significant number of counties of course it would never get passed through congress unless it benefits the Democrats, which this doesn't. I bet there are a number of areas that feel the same way. Pretty sure south Georgia feels that way towards metro Atlanta, rural Virginia against the beltline, much of Florida, etc. etc. This certainly heightens the importance of local politics...

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
That's a significant number of counties of course it would never get passed through congress...

Forget about Congress, it would never make it out of the States in question. You think Montana wants to give land to someone else?

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

You're right that this will never pass. It does illustrate a greater divide in America though. Compromise is going out the window.

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Those densely populated blue areas in each state would crumble without the red parts supporting them through unfair taxation.

Instead of Escape from New York, it'd be Escape from Lesser Idaho.

Most every state has these problems.
My home state of Maine would split away from the coastal areas- the weather on the coast is milder so that's where the bums congregate. Those areas have all gone blue over the years, turning the state purple. Those kinds of people will vote against policies that help make heating their homes more affordable- then vote for the state to assist them with heating costs. The cities inevitably wind up getting free money for increased heating costs, while those of us in the sticks get to pay more for our heat, AND pay for theirs too!

We'd have to build a wall around every city in the country if counties started breaking away from their own states.

Or those of us who work could just take our heavy equipment and block off the roads and highways in and out of the cities. That'd stop 90% of the degens from getting out in the first place, while 20% of them would happily stay there and burn down their own homes.
edit on 21-5-2021 by lordcomac because: Whoops

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

The obvious fact is, is that if came to violence the blue would be severely disadvantaged. Cut em off, barricade, plan. I doubt soy boys could overtact farm boys. Just wont happen.

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
We'd have to build a wall around every city in the country if counties started breaking away from their own states.

A city's influence doesn't stop at its physical border, the MSA extends for 10's of miles around depending on the size. The NYC MSA is over a 100 miles in diameter.

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

That's a significant number of counties of course it would never get passed through congress...

Forget about Congress, it would never make it out of the States in question. You think Montana wants to give land to someone else?

Isn't it just Oregon, California and Washington no mention of Montana on their website?, I think so far it's just Oregonian counties that have symbolically voted to explore this. The map represents phase 3 and beyond.

www.greateridaho.org...

Of course, it's unlikely to happen, but the fact that counties are exploring the possibilities is interesting in itself.

Counties can become a part of Idaho. State lines have been relocated many times in American history because it just takes an interstate compact between two state legislatures and approval of Congress.

If the United States were governed as a single state, we wouldn’t have the opportunity for state governance to vary according to the culture of a local area. The purpose of having state lines is to allow this variance. The Oregon/Idaho border was established 161 years ago and is now outdated. It makes no sense in its current location because it doesn’t match the location of the cultural divide in Oregon. The Oregon/Washington border was updated in 1958. It’s time to move other borders.

Areas that vote like Idaho does, and are economically healthy enough to be welcomed by Idaho are: eastern, southern, and most of central Oregon, southeastern Washington, and northeastern California.

This proposal is different from creating a new state because it does not affect the balance of power in the US Senate. This means that it’s more likely to be approved by the Oregon Legislature.

Our proposal is a win-win for the interests of each state legislature, and for the counties that get to switch states.
edit on 21-5-2021 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

It won't happen. Our county in New jersey, Essex, had several towns try to secede and join neighboring Morris County due to the lower taxes and how we pay for other school system not in our own towns. It got shot down, so, no State is going to let anyone leave altogether.

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: putnam6

It won't happen. Our county in New jersey, Essex, had several towns try to secede and join neighboring Morris County due to the lower taxes and how we pay for other school system not in our own towns. It got shot down, so, no State is going to let anyone leave altogether.

I say conservatively 80% of the threads here on ATS are about events that are likely not to ever happen.

As somebody else mentioned it just points out the divide in the country right now.

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 07:39 AM
link   

As somebody else mentioned it just points out the divide in the country right now.

Is that any different than say, 250 years ago? 150 years ago? Right before WW2? The 60's?

Anyone who thinks there wasn't a divide for the entire history of the United States probably needs to locate the real world and ask for the first ticket back there.

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Anyone who thinks there wasn't a divide for the entire history of the United States probably needs to locate the real world and ask for the first ticket back there.

I think I remember something about a few people getting into a fight because they couldn't agree on something. Happened some time in the 60s? 1860s that is.

I mean, I could be wrong because I'm not American, but I'm sure I got told about it by someone when I was younger.

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

Yes, it's called the War of Southern Depression since they haven't gotten over it yet.

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 07:57 AM
link   

War of Southern Depression

Sounds like a great name for a drink

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79
Sounds like a great name for a drink

It's like a Mint Julep that kicks you in the nuts before you take a sip.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join