It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the decline of friendship causing the obsession of pets?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 11:33 AM
link   
The "theory" I only work so we all don't live in a "Box down by the river" was crashed when it dawned on me the cats have no problem living in a box an the turtle would be fine down by the river. DAMMIT!!!!
So now I'm just left with the feline death stares of
"Go Make The Kitty-Chow"
...and frantic turtle begging for treats. They're much nicer when I get home, faking like they like me till I pop the tops off some canned food an Turtle gets her face into some meat. You know, like lobster or crab?
Sigh...
My Mom could only aspire to have trained me as well as my critters!

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: spirit_horse

URGENT NEW HOME WANTED !!!!!
This is Bella, she’s an 8 week-old German Sheppard puppy, I bought her as a surprise for my wife for Christmas but it turns out she is allergic to dogs so I am now urgently looking to find her a new home I don't want any money just free to a good home.
Her name is Tracy she's 49 years old, a beautiful and caring woman who drives, she is a great cook, good with kids and always keeps a clean house.

Sending a pm.. I'LL TAKE HER!!!! I'LL DRIVE!
edit on 21-5-2021 by Bigburgh because: I'M LOOKING FOR A NEW PUP.. YOUNG OR OLD. I HAVE A HOME WITH A BIG FENCED IN BACK YARD.

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I'd like to have friends, but I don't like most people I meet, and I don't care about the things they care about. So, why hang out with people I don't enjoy hanging out with? There's no point. I'm not going to be friends with people just for the sake of being able to say I have friends.

Where I live it seems most people only care about getting drunk, smoking weed, doing other drugs, and sleeping around with each other. I get it, a lot of people are into that kind of thing, but I have no interest in it.

The people that aren't into that stuff are focused on their families, and their friends have kids who are friends with each other.

Don't even get me started on dating.

My dog likes me though. Well, until she gets what she wants, then she ignores me.

posted on May, 22 2021 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux

originally posted by: wheresthebody
a reply to: neutronflux

The animals in my life have always been among my best friends, cats and dogs. There's something powerful about forging a relationship, and if you're lucky, an actual friendship, with an animal despite the barriers of species and language.

They ever cook you dinner, or give you a lift when your car breaks down?

I do the cooking and auto repair. My dog gives me love. She sees what I can't, hears what I can't, and smells what I can't, and let's me know if there is a potential problem. I have the tools to deal with potential problems. It's a very symbiotic relationship.

As opposed to my cats, which is more of a "You feed us and get us medical care, and maybe we'll give us a dead mouse or lizard, and not bite you too hard when you try to pet us" type relationship.

Or my fish, which is more of a "Feed me and keep the water clean and at the right temperature, and I'll try not to die on you" relationship.

Overall, I get along better with most dogs rather than most people.

I get along better with most cats than most relatives.

And I get along better with most fish than most ex-girlfriends.

That last one may be a bit of an exaggeration.

edit on 22-5-2021 by VictorVonDoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2021 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog
LMAO! That was great!

posted on Jun, 2 2021 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: spirit_horse
a reply to: Gothmog
LMAO! That was great!

Old Southern saying.
Glad you enjoyed it .

new topics