It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone think this is a good idea?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on May, 19 2021 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I am putting this in the Pit because I expect this conversation to get messy and I believe it’s relevant to politics.
Mods feel free to move it if you don’t think it pertains to the current political climate.

This 5:17 video is a comparison of military recruitment ads run in China, Russia and the USA.
The Chinese are showcasing their military hardware, the Russians are showcasing their tough as nails approach to building a soldier.
And the USA?....well the USA is showcasing their softer, woker side, in the form of cartoon characters with 2 moms.

Is everyone ok with this? Or better yet...WHO is ok with this?
This is embarrassing, appalling and disgusting.
Everyone involved in making or giving the green light to air garbage like this should lose their jobs.
If they are in the military, they should be bounced out of the service with dishonorable discharges.

Who is ok with this garbage?

edit on 19-5-2021 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on May, 19 2021 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Lmaoooo bwahahaha I wish I had more to add that's embarrassing.

+13 more 
posted on May, 19 2021 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

It is pathetic and shows we are beings destroyed from the inside out.

Biology/Endocrinology deniers are absolutely insane.

posted on May, 20 2021 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Yeah, that's pretty bad.

You get a similar thing in Australia. It's all humanitarian aid stuff, women flying helicopters and pointing fingers into the distance while sternly looking at the only bloke in the advert.

I recall when I was in Saudi prior to the first gulf war and it was made painfully clear the soldiers were going to be sent. Man o man how many were there that said they hadn't signed up for that type of malarkey.

posted on May, 20 2021 @ 12:10 AM
link   
That was disgusting! Or rather, the first two segments were well filmed and powerful films. But the third - did I click on the wrong link? Because it seemed to take me to some Lesbian Dating Tips site.

posted on May, 20 2021 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: myselfaswell

Yeah, that's pretty bad.

You get a similar thing in Australia. It's all humanitarian aid stuff, women flying helicopters and pointing fingers into the distance while sternly looking at the only bloke in the advert.

I recall when I was in Saudi prior to the first gulf war and it was made painfully clear the soldiers were going to be sent. Man o man how many were there that said they hadn't signed up for that type of malarkey.

There is no way the ads there could be as bad as this one.
I mean this is the most emasculating thing the US military has ever done, the entire #ing world just spit out their drinks through their noses watching that piss-ant video.
Why the hell didn’t they just use old clips of Klinger in a dress from M.A.S.H.?
I am really pissed after watching that video.

posted on May, 20 2021 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Nothing says “leftist are faaaarken pathetic” like that recruitment ad

“Gutlessness and weakness” are not virtues, regardless what cNn and SNL tell you pussies

link   

That is really funny after these beautifully testosterone filled thrilling well filmed propaganda clips this... Well I'm at loss for words... Is this seriously meant to be a recruiting video? Good luck with your next armed conflict

link   

originally posted by: TrulyColorBlind
That was disgusting! Or rather, the first two segments were well filmed and powerful films. But the third - did I click on the wrong link? Because it seemed to take me to some Lesbian Dating Tips site.

SMH...it’s sickening...it almost made me physically ill.
#ing heads should roll over that.

posted on May, 20 2021 @ 12:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

originally posted by: TrulyColorBlind

SMH...it’s sickening...it almost made me physically ill.
#ing heads should roll over that.

Heads WILL roll

The military is now beginning to monitor soldier’s social media so that they can identify if you are a gutless pussy or a normal soldier

Those normal soldiers who voice their opinions about this pathetic leftist advert will be targeted for ‘cancellation’

Pathetic, low IQ, gutless, lazy, easily offended and weak: the new qualities of the US soldier

posted on May, 20 2021 @ 12:21 AM
link   

You have fallen for a few logical fallcies in this post..

-False analogy
-Ad populum
-Red herring
-Hasty generalization

The makers of this video... took a bunch of hardcore military advertisement videos from our adversaries, then put in a US Military recruitment video that targets a completely different audience than the others. The Army spends over 100 million a year on recruiting and marketing media materials. They make videos to capture all audiences for all different types of roles.

Our military is insnanely diverse and we need people of all backgrounds, strengths, and intellects to be at our best, and the videos like the ones shown by China and Russia above may not work for everyone.

This is also an extremely recent US Army marketing video... put this one up with those 3 and tell me who is the "best" in the land of intoxicating masculinity...

Youre welcome

+2 more 
posted on May, 20 2021 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Listen....i just want to make this clear....I am not a bigot or transphobic or phobic about anyone or anything else that is going on in the world now.
I just really believe that none of what is in that video, should be in a US military recruitment ad.
It makes this country look like assholes.
Again that is my opinion.

posted on May, 20 2021 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Hahahaha! Jaaa America.

Good luck with your future endeavors.

Your fate now rests squarely upon the shoulders of "Emma".

posted on May, 20 2021 @ 12:25 AM
link   

There is no way the ads there could be as bad as this one.

They're no as bad. Nothing against women in the military, if you've got what it takes bloody go for it I say, however, they're definitely sending the wrong message about ultimate expectations.

posted on May, 20 2021 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox

Exactly. This has targeted demographic written all over it.

It's like there is a certain commonality with a large portion of the female recruits or something.

A hot, very hot commonality.

Sorry, heads in the gutter.

Go Navy.
edit on 20-5-2021 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2021 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox

Yeah those videos definitely portray the US military in a better light.
I am sure there are more than 1 of the other silly stupid video floating out there, everyone involved in overseeing them should be purged.

posted on May, 20 2021 @ 02:08 AM
link   
The more I see, the more convinced I am that the USA is f**Ked.

Stick a fork in her; she's done.

posted on May, 20 2021 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Procreation is the only enemy the elite know.

They never have an enemy or an ally in any war.

It seems we have morally abused our freedom in
the U.S.

So that's what you get.

posted on May, 20 2021 @ 05:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv
The more I see, the more convinced I am that the USA is f**Ked.

Stick a fork in her; she's done.

It's not just the USA.

Whenever anyone, anywhere does something stupid, someone in the UK says "Hold my tea......."

posted on May, 20 2021 @ 05:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox

You have fallen for a few logical fallcies in this post..

-False analogy
-Ad populum
-Red herring
-Hasty generalization

The makers of this video... took a bunch of hardcore military advertisement videos from our adversaries, then put in a US Military recruitment video that targets a completely different audience than the others. The Army spends over 100 million a year on recruiting and marketing media materials. They make videos to capture all audiences for all different types of roles.

Our military is insnanely diverse and we need people of all backgrounds, strengths, and intellects to be at our best, and the videos like the ones shown by China and Russia above may not work for everyone.

[...]

how long did you serve and what branch?
edit on Thu May 20 2021 by DontTreadOnMe because: quote trimmed Trim Those Quotes

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join