It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Easiest Best Bread Recipe Eveeerrr

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2021 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Yes! Another bread recipe! Take a break from the ATS insanity and make some bread! Store-bought can have up to 32 ingredients. This one: 4. No brain fog. No digestional discomfort. And it's easy. Napoleon Dynamite said girls only want guys with skills, so here's a baking skill to add to your set. I highly recommend purchasing a digital scale as flour can be hit and miss if you measure it by the cup and not weigh it. But you can still make great bread without one.

Ingredients needed:

12 oz room temp filtered water

18 oz King Arthur Bread Flour

2.5 tsp Kosher Salt

3 tsp active dry yeast

3 tsp Coarse Ground Cornmeal (To keep bread from sticking to pan)

Equipment:

Cast Iron Skillet

Digital Oven Thermometer

Instructions:

1) Combine water/flour thoroughly in a large mixing bowl and let sit for 30mins.

2) Add salt. Mix.

3) Add Yeast. Mix.

4) Cover with saran wrap/foil and let sit in a dry place and let sit for 19hrs. Then preheat oven for 30mins at 450 with cast iron inside the oven. Once heated, sprinkle Corn Meal on pan. Then place dough on pan. Cook until the internal temp reaches 210-212 degrees. Without a thermometer, this'll take around 45mins. Let rest for 15 mins. Then slice and enjoy! Preferably with a little room temp butter. Also makes a great grilled cheese!

Note: If you add/mix all the ingredients at 10 pm it should be ready around 5p the next day.

Online Recipe:
Alton Brown Knead Not Sourdough

Alton Brown Guided Video:

How to shape bread, if you want to:

edit on 19-5-2021 by NightVision because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2021 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Thank goodness Keto Sharia hasnt hit this forum yet!

posted on May, 19 2021 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger
Thank goodness Keto Sharia hasnt hit this forum yet!

Lol what is Keto Sharia?

posted on May, 19 2021 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: NightVision
Seems like a kneadless recipe.
Thanks for posting it.

posted on May, 19 2021 @ 12:13 PM
link   

let sit for 19hrs

U sure brother? Not minutes?

posted on May, 19 2021 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

The longer the proof the more developed the flavor. I leave mine overnight so it gets a better sourdough flavor.

posted on May, 19 2021 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

let sit for 19hrs

Yeah, it IS a long time. But that long fermentation is where those 'sour' notes come from in the sourdough. You can go as short as 2-6 hrs but you won't get those notes. Plus, you can let it ferment while you sleep, then to work and it'll be ready when u get home!

posted on May, 19 2021 @ 12:36 PM
link   

www.lotuseaters.com...

Sargon of Akkad's podcast, hes full keto and its become a bit of a joke on his hate for non keto food.

Keto Haram and Keto Sharia are thrown about as a joke.
edit on 5192021 by Butterfinger because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2021 @ 12:38 PM
link   

I leave mine in a cold oven for 24 hours. Not as cold as the fridge but not like leaving it on the counter.

posted on May, 19 2021 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I make bread and rolls about two times a week, almost every week. I made up my own recipe. I buy the organic Dakota maid wheat flour, there is no rye or barley in the flour. So I add a tablespoon of Barley flour and a tablespoon of Rye flour to the mix. The Flour listed in the OP already has the malted barley flour in it...which I just add fresh barley flour in a small amount and let the yeast malt it. Barley gives a distinctive taste to the end product, it makes things actually taste better unless you put too much then it gets a little sharp tasting. I did a lot of experimenting with the barley flour. It is real hard to find barley flour now, and I have been trying for a few months. I am down to my last twenty four ounce bag right now, I guess most of the barley is going to the microbreweries now.

I use all the flours organic. I also add rolled oats to the mix once in a while, usually about two tablespoons of it. That alters the flavor a bit but it does taste good depending on what you are doing with the bread or rolls. The wife and daughters and their grandkids like it both ways.

I used to use the medium cornmeal on the rolls, but the wife cracked a tooth on one of the hard chunks, so now I use an organic fine ground one. The cracking of a tooth from the hard cornmeal chunks is definitely something to be concerned about, Dentists are expensive.

My youngest daughter has my recipe but uses a different flour and does a lot of French chewy recipes...she discovered the reality that she can make two loaves of the bread for half the price of buying one loaf of it from the store...and her Baquettes actually taste way better than what she was buying from the local bakery..

I use a bread machine to mix the bread, my daughter bought a seven hundred dollar mixer with all sorts of attachments. She does have the noodle maker attachment...I have the manual crank one. I do not need expensive technology to make bread, I got the last two used breadmakers, used ones from the Vinnies store, for six fifty for one and five bucks for the other. I use them just for mixing, then take it out and make a loaf of bread and various buns out of half....six hamburger buns and a loaf of bread costs about a buck thirty using all organic materials other than the yeast which is red star which comes in a two pound package for about seven bucks at GFS. I always have one spare pack in stock. Because we make about a hundred loaves of bread and five hundred rolls and buns plus about ten pizza crusts and about a hundred cinnamon rolls a year, the yeast never gets old.

I thought about buying a dough making machine, but they are not cheap, I can but at least twenty used breadmachines for the cost of one of the special mixers. There are lots of those breadmachines out there at the second hand stores for real cheap, most haven't made more than ten loaves of bread, the fad wore off within a month or so and the bread does not come out that great if you use the full bread cycle, plus no hot dog or hamburger buns or cinnamon rolls and pizza crusts can be made that way. All I need is a dough maker for the variety I make...it is just that the bread machines are cheap used.

posted on May, 19 2021 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Nice recipe but you could leave away most of the yeast, because what you do when you let it sit for 19 hours is the same process done to make a starter batch of sourdough, but you put yeast in it so it has that flavor too.

When you use this sourdough batch as yeast substitute, you take a bit of out of that batch, feed the rest (we get to this soon) you mix it under your new dough and let it sit / develop.

Here's how to make homemade sourdough from yeast out of the air in your house. It's a few minutes work for the first days but then it's easy going since you just need to feed your dough (yes)

Sourdough recipe
300g rye flour and 300g warm water, a big bowl.

Day 1
Mix up 100g rye flower and 100g warm water. Put lint free kitchen towel over the bowl and let it rest at a warm place for 24h. It shouldn't be sitting in a draft, 25-30°C is perfect.

Day 2
Mix it up and add 100g/100g of each warm water and rye flour, mix up again, repeat the towel and warm place procedure.

Day 3
Same as Day 2, you just add 100g of each and repeat the procedure

Day 4
Just mix. You should start to see little bubbles on the surface and while mixing. A sour smell. If you see mold or it stinks (you will know) you have not worked clean enough.

Usage
You can now use 150g for about 500g of flour, it depends on the age and kind if flour. You put the rest of your sour dough in a glass with a screw lid and put it in your fridge.

Feeding
You need to feed it once a week. Same procedure as above but with less stuff and then you put it into the fridge. It's good for months! Don't worry if you forget to feed it and a dark fluid starts to build on top of the sourdough. As long as it still smells sour and not moldy, you're fine!

Keep in mind your young sourdough will not bake fluffy the first times, the bread will be denser but the taste is there for sure. The older your sourdough get's the better it will be. My current sourdough is from last spring.

It reads like a lot of work but it isn't once you are past day 4. It's five minutes of work a day and from then on, you are set.

When I left school I didn't really had the drive to go to university (it was almost free back then here) and did a three year apprenticeship at a bakery, later upped to confectioner and did praline, cakes and other sweets like sheetdough sweets.

Anybody trying this will not regret it.

Add: The day or evening before you bake the bread, you need to feed it, then it's ready.
edit on 19.5.2021 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2021 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThatDamnDuckAgain
It reads like a lot of work but it isn't once you are past day 4. It's five minutes of work a day and from then on, you are set.

In the restaurant world we called this 'feeding the bitch'.

posted on May, 19 2021 @ 01:13 PM
link   

I am not seeing the amount of flour?

posted on May, 19 2021 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
lol so many ideas why this is.

We call it "Führen", it means "leading". I am the Führer of the Sourdough.

posted on May, 19 2021 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Judging by the amount of water, it should be around 20oz. Hope I did not mess up the conversion but you can go with 100/60 flour to water ratio.

posted on May, 19 2021 @ 01:28 PM
link   

lol so many ideas why this is.

Mostly because it's high maintenance like most women.

posted on May, 19 2021 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

I am not seeing the amount of flour?

My bad. Just edited. It's 18oz. Carry on, sir.

posted on May, 19 2021 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
My mind is much much much more dirty than yours, but feel free to get more precise on what you exlude with "mostly".

edit on 19.5.2021 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2021 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

In the restaurant world we called this 'feeding the bitch'.

I see what you did there, Mr Bourdain

Here's a little Reddit love for Adam-Real-Last-Name-Unknown. I believe he even chimes in on the thread:

I used grapes to build the sour taste to my starter, this is one method of doing it, the starter itself is made by submerging a very hard organic dough ball ( no cake yeast added in various types of unmilled grains, removing it and shaving the outside of it, then adding more water and flower to it, do this for a week and you have the seed for your starter. As far as the dill or pepper scraps this is added fresh to the dough when making it to develop whatever flavor bread you want it to be. You need to use the right proportion of flavor ( chopped dill, pepper purée or pices to the dough or it may not rise properly. Enjoy your bread making my friend. And yes this is the real Adam

edit on 19-5-2021 by NightVision because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2021 @ 01:48 PM
link   

My mind is much much much more dirty than yours...

Uh, no. I've just been here much longer and know what I can post from the cesspool that is my cerebellum.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join