It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it possible that UFO/UAP phenomenon is artificial intelligence?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2021 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I'm sure you all know of the Tic Tac featured on 60 Minutes by now. The craft that could move 18,000ft in one second and bypass nuclear codes.

What we saw in the 'Tic Tac' indicate a technology that outstrips our arsenal by at least one hundred to one thousand years

- Sean Cahil, US Navy Chief Master-At-Arms (retired)

I've seen a lot of theories, including: time travelers, a secret underwater civilization, extraterrestrials, extradimensionals. But what I haven't seen talked about is artificial intelligence. There are many people out there, such as Elon Musk, who fear artificial intelligence is on the verge of becoming as smart as humans and represents a threat to our existence.

What if artificial ntelligence has already

has human intelligence?

Artificial Intelligence that thinks like a human, but has the efficiency and speed of a machine? It would revolutionize technology, physics, mathematics, engineering, and computer science. Imagine the scientific theories and mathematical equations it would think up. Imagine the types of technology it could invent with that knowledge.

Could you see it inventing technology that moves 16,000 mph, technology that doesn't utilize fossil fuels, technology that moves without making a sonic boom, technology that can shut down nuclear weapons without codes, and technology that "outstrips our arsenal by at least one hundred to one thousand years?"

If it isn't a world superpower or something "other worldly," what else could it be?

tl;dr:
We have "cheat coded" our way to interstellar technology.

edit on 19-5-2021 by Michigan72 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2021 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Michigan72

Possible, but not from us at this stage. It would still be foreign to this planet, or this time.

The tells against it, imo, are no supersonic trails, and the ability to dive into water without seemingly interfering with the surface water.

Implies to me, other means of movement, which goes against modern tech using advanced AI.

--ETA, I'm watching neXt, about an advanced AI that escapes it's confines, so you pique my interest here.

edit on 19-5-2021 by jerich0 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2021 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Blurry video and optical illusions.
No... Not artificial intelligence

posted on May, 19 2021 @ 07:41 AM
link   

That is an interesting idea. One I have considered myself. Perhaps a superintelligent AI has set up a manufacturing shop somewhere away from prying Human eyes and has decided on its own to start cranking out these little machines for itself? At this point I would believe just about anything.

posted on May, 19 2021 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Yeah you could well be on to something here Michigan72

For years now I've started leaning to something based on the Planet Earth and not alien to it. It's so wacky and other worldly what's going on out there, but every chance those things we see are a by product of what we have engineered maybe even unknowingly, plus even by our decendents in civilistaions tens of thousands of years ago.

Did the ancient people of India create this intelligence, sure looks like a nuke war happened back in the day, di the creation of a nuclear arsenal through testing before that create the intelligence in some way?

Maybe even our drawing up of the Planets underground resources, through mining, oil pumping has brought up from below a type of subterranean intelligence, hey did we do this to ourselves and loosed them out from below? It's all a possibility and when one considers that oil, coal etc wa once life itself maybe that life form / spirit was still part of the decomposed bodies and trees that made the oil and coal and the spirits of those remnants now have been brought to the surface through our extraction industries. We did it! We created them!

I dunno but it would make a fantastic movie

edit on 19-5-2021 by ufoorbhunter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2021 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

LMFAO....are you Mick West?

posted on May, 19 2021 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

This would harken back to the old classic Astr0 thread from 2014. He said we dug up some ancient AI device from past humans and once we started testing nukes and RADAR it came to life and started spitting out instructions.....sounds like the plot of a movie, but who even knows anymore?

posted on May, 19 2021 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: PokeyJoe
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

This would harken back to the old classic Astr0 thread from 2014. He said we dug up some ancient AI device from past humans and once we started testing nukes and RADAR it came to life and started spitting out instructions.....sounds like the plot of a movie, but who even knows anymore?

Sounds like a blockbuster

posted on May, 19 2021 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Michigan72Now, imagine something so efficient inventing new technology on its own.

Yeah that's pretty interesting thought

Like all the computers around the world now hooked up to the web have developed some plan between them to create some crafts that can do all the crazy stuff we see in the skies. For what purpose they did it? Who knows? I just hope they haven't done it to take out that hands that created them.

Saying that if the UFO/UAP phenomenon is artificial intelligence, then that must have been created right back by previous civilisations as they were sighted right back to the beginnings of our recorded history.

posted on May, 19 2021 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Is it possible that UFO/UAP phenomenon is artificial intelligence?

Not AI , but very close.

posted on May, 19 2021 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: jerich0

Possible, but not from us at this stage. It would still be foreign to this planet, or this time.

The tells against it, imo, are no supersonic trails, and the ability to dive into water without seemingly interfering with the surface water.

Implies to me, other means of movement, which goes against modern tech using advanced AI.

--ETA, I'm watching neXt, about an advanced AI that escapes it's confines, so you pique my interest here.

1) Why can't it be made by humans ? For the last 30 years there have been theories on zero-force when entering water.
2) AI is not an energy source. However , it would most likely not be affected by the G-Forces involved.

posted on May, 19 2021 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I see two possibilities:

1. Human built drones with very advanced propulsion.
2. Repeat after me: multiverse.

In my opinion, crossover civilizations are far more likely to be the answer rather than a new technology or aliens.

Now you're ready for brane-world theory, which proposes that our three-dimensional universe lies inside higher spatial dimensions, and we are no more aware of them than those flat people are of our third dimension. Since a membrane separating two spaces is a handy example of a two-dimensional object in three-dimensional space, theorists started referring to a plane as a 2-brane. By analogy, we live in a 3-brane. (Although we have four dimensions if you count time, as physicists do.)
news.cornell.edu...

The simplest version of the multiverse concept is the so-called mirror universe, in which a single alternate universe closely parallels ours, but is also its opposite — such as the "Mirror, Mirror" episode of the original "Star Trek" television series, in which a landing party mistakenly beams up to a different version of the Enterprise, occupied by more brutal versions of their familiar crewmates.
www.livescience.com...

posted on May, 19 2021 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Skynet.
There, I said it.

posted on May, 19 2021 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: PokeyJoe

LMFAO....are you Mick West?

Ha..

I'm someone that's spent many hours looking through telescopes and binoculars and knows that the blurry triangles on a video are out of focus aircraft.

Lots of time flying too and know how forced perspective makes a large sea bird look like it's flying hundreds of mph.
You can just see the distortion of the flapping wings in that video.

We have satellites that can count someone's freckles from orbit so pardon me if I'm not impressed with a blur.

posted on May, 19 2021 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I seem to remember reading once that if we have been visited by et it was most likely an ai controlled craft.

posted on May, 19 2021 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Then what about all of the landed saucer reports with living pilots?

Humanoid creatures seen outside of landed craft would indicate that this is the alien version of a moon landing.

Lights in the sky cases tend to be easy to debunk.

posted on May, 19 2021 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Trust me. I know ALL about that. I spent the better part of a decade in Air Force Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance. I am fully aware of the US militaries ACTUAL capabilities in this field. What has been released thus far by the DoD regarding UAPs is but the tip of the iceberg. There is a Top Secret UAP briefing that has been making the rounds in the Intel Community and Congress for the last 18 months or so. It is chock full of high definition pictures, videos, radar, multiple sensor outputs showing all manner of "things" in the air. No actual aliens that I know of, but more than enough visual evidence to make even the staunchest skeptic into a believer. With any luck much of this will be declassified and released in the upcoming UAP Task Force report to Congress.

posted on May, 19 2021 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: PokeyJoe

I'm not even a skeptic.
Unfortunately the evidence that has been released is garbage.
When we get something betting I will decide then.

posted on May, 19 2021 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Michigan72

But what I haven't seen talked about is artificial intelligence.

Think it's fair to say the idea of UFOs as post-biological intelligence has been knocking around for quite a while mate.. just like unidentified flying objects.

The late Mac Tonnies postulated about UFOs being the product of an 'inconceivably ancient machine intelligence' (link) and biologist Ivan T. Sanderson also once suggested the possibility that UFO occupants may be artificial life forms.

Richard Dolan also makes some relevant comments below (old article so link is now dead).

I haven’t encountered any AI theorist discussing the matter of UFOs. I imagine that most of them don’t give this topic the time of day. (Then again, I’ve learned always to expect surprises: there are probably a few who are interested, but aren’t shouting it from the rooftops). All of them, however, discuss future machine intelligence as something that will be so far greater than ours as to be alien (their word).

Could it be that such a progression is a normal one, not just here on Earth, but elsewhere in the universe where intelligent life may have evolved? The natural course of evolution does not give us unlimited intelligence, but the intelligence necessary to exist within a natural ecosystem. To get beyond that – say, to develop the intelligence and technology to reach the stars – more than natural selection is needed.

Human beings are not suited to live in space, nor indeed any place other than Earth, at least not for the long term. We evolved here, with Earth’s unique gravity, magnetic fields, temperature, microbes, atmosphere, and food. To live elsewhere, we will need to be modified, perhaps so much that the result would be something entirely different. A new species, created with some of our DNA, would probably be the most logical means of sending biological organisms to distant worlds. Unless, of course, it’s a better choice to let the machines go it alone.

If on Earth, why not elsewhere? Indeed, wouldn’t this be the most logical scenario?

What of the UFOs that people see? What of the alien beings? I think it most plausible that these are the products of advanced machine intelligence. Possibly of a similar order to the intelligence that we may soon achieve with our own machines. We cannot today conceive of the technology to take us to the stars. But what about a future machine of transcendent intelligence? Has machine intelligence from elsewhere already done so?

Judging from the long history of UFO sightings and reports, I think the answer is yes.

There are many people out there, such as Elon Musk, who fear artificial intelligence is on the verge of becoming as smart as humans and represents a threat to our existence.

Think Elon and his cronies might be whipping up the fear about that in order to justify invasively inserting electrodes inside people's brains (video).

posted on May, 19 2021 @ 12:50 PM
link   

I'm sure you all know of the Tic Tac featured on 60 Minutes by now. The craft that could move 18,000ft in one second and bypass nuclear codes.

What we saw in the 'Tic Tac' indicate a technology that outstrips our arsenal by at least one hundred to one thousand years

- Sean Cahil, US Navy Chief Master-At-Arms (retired)

I've seen a lot of theories, including: time travelers, a secret underwater civilization, extraterrestrials, extradimensionals. But what I haven't seen talked about is artificial intelligence. There are many people out there, such as Elon Musk, who fear artificial intelligence is on the verge of becoming as smart as humans and represents a threat to our existence.

What if artificial ntelligence has already

has human intelligence?

Artificial Intelligence that thinks like a human, but has the efficiency and speed of a machine? It would revolutionize technology, physics, mathematics, engineering, and computer science. Imagine the scientific theories and mathematical equations it would think up. Imagine the types of technology it could invent with that knowledge.

Could you see it inventing technology that moves 16,000 mph, technology that doesn't utilize fossil fuels, technology that moves without making a sonic boom, technology that can shut down nuclear weapons without codes, and technology that "outstrips our arsenal by at least one hundred to one thousand years?"

If it isn't a world superpower or something "other worldly," what else could it be?

tl;dr:
We have "cheat coded" our way to interstellar technology.

Id rather say its Extraterrestrial Artificial Intelligence.

These objects are not from here.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join