It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Covid - Success of approach of Texas and other Southern States

page: 1

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on May, 18 2021 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Before I move further, a few points:
1. Covid is a real disease that infected millions (while the actual source of covid remains debatable...)
2. The vast majority of doctors and first responders did the best they could facing an unknown new disease and should be thanked for their efforts

Problem is, even after it became clear Covid had a 99.6 survival rate and this was not 1918, a few opportunists decided to use this very real crisis for political gain
- Exhibit A: New York State's Cuomo and his willful acts killing people in nursing homes for political gain.

Contrast this with Texas' success with Covid....
A mere two months after being crucified by leftists for its "Neandertal thinking", Texas has turned the corner and has reported its first zero covid death day, the best since last summer. No, Covid not gone in Texas yet and the numbers will rise and fall, but this is clearly encouraging, particularly contrasting with other states pushing politics-based measures.

Fauci himself "cannot explain" Texas's success.
www.zerohedge.com...
De Santis in Florida has similar success with a similar approach

We can speculate about reasons for Texas'/Florida success:
- not concentrating masses of people in a few government-approved stores
- more people outside getting vitamin D from the sun
etc

However, point is, LOCKDOWNS NEVER WORKED and were political from the start.

This is not a condemnation of the CDC or medicine, so much as it is of the infestation of these bodies by "woke" "emotional" "political" garbage.

A move away from real science and real fact-based medicine that harms everyone.
A tragedy.

Were hospitals overwhelmed ? YES
But the obvious solution, increasing hospital and ICU capacity on a permanent basis, is not even being talked about, not even as a long-term goal, one year into this crisis.

Useless measures like lockdowns, however, still are.
This lack of solving the hospital/ICU capacity problem GUARANTEES a return to fascist political controls next time a new disease hits.

And other fields such as STEM are also attempted to being infested by "wokism", such as 2+2=5, the need to "reject the scientific method" etc

The time is far past for forcibly ejecting politics from science and medicine.
Not doing so would be destructive for society at large.
edit on 18-5-2021 by M5xaz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2021 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: M5xaz

If the Federal Government were to cancel the multi-billion dollar Covid-19 awards to hospitals, cities, states, etc., Covid-19 would leave the country FAST...not slowly...while these entities milk all they can out of Joe Biden's $2.2 Trillion giveaway.

States with hundreds of thousands of citizens milking the government for $500 to $900 weekly unemployment, rather than return to work, are starting to do what the Feds should do with cities, states, hospitals, and other recipients. The states are turning off the extra $300 @ week unemployment benefits from Uncle Sam.

posted on May, 18 2021 @ 08:31 PM
link   

It just proves what we've all been saying from the very beginning. Masks were never the solution and lockdowns were never meant to work.

posted on May, 18 2021 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

If the Federal Government were to cancel the multi-billion dollar Covid-19 awards to hospitals, cities, states, etc., Covid-19 would leave the country FAST...not slowly...while these entities milk all they can out of Joe Biden's $2.2 Trillion giveaway.

States with hundreds of thousands of citizens milking the government for $500 to $900 weekly unemployment, rather than return to work, are starting to do what the Feds should do with cities, states, hospitals, and other recipients. The states are turning off the extra $300 @ week unemployment benefits from Uncle Sam.

Yep. Under obama, jobs were hard to find. Under Biden, employees are hard to find.

posted on May, 18 2021 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: M5xaz
1. Covid is a real disease that infected millions (while the actual source of covid remains debatable...)
2. The vast majority of doctors and first responders did the best they could facing an unknown new disease and should be thanked for their efforts

Problem is, even after it became clear Covid had a 99.6 survival rate and this was not 1918, a few opportunists decided to use this very real crisis for political gain
- Exhibit A: New York State's Cuomo and his willful acts killing people in nursing homes for political gain.

[...]

1. Texas has fully vaccinated about 32% of its population. That could have something to do with it.

2. The shortage of hospital/ICU capacity will never be addressed as long as we have our current for-profit medical insurance system. It’s way too expensive to have a bunch of permanent excess capacity just sitting around unused 99% of the time.

3. “Wokism” has nothing to do with any of this.
edit on Tue May 18 2021 by DontTreadOnMe because: quote trimmed Trim Those Quotes

posted on May, 18 2021 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

It just proves what we've all been saying from the very beginning. Masks were never the solution and lockdowns were never meant to work.

I recall President Trump mentioning during a "Town Hall", the July 2020 CDC study that revealed 85% of those in the hospital for Covid-19 treatment followed CDC "mask guidelines" most, or all of the time.

The host said to the U.S. President, "That's a lie, let's move on to the next subject."

President Trump let her get away with it. (Made me so mad at Her and Him!)

I would have said, "Hold on BIT'CH. YOU don't know what YOU are talking about!" I would have then had one of my assistants print out the study, bring it to me on-stage, and give out the website address to the world, right then and there.

posted on May, 18 2021 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Gonna make this short:

1. This is a non-factor. The "vaccine" hasn't proved positive by any stretch, in this short amount of time it has been pushed out. No more effective than a lucky four leaf clover in your lapel.
2. There was no overcrowding.........in the U.S. Other countries? Maybe, but proof has been revealed that this was not the case either. I work at a hospital, and I assure you, we were never overwhelmed in the manner spoken of. And we are in a highly vulnerable area with walk ins from two different countries.
3. You need to wake up. This "pandemic" has been nothing more than a tool, used by the power hungry to take as many rights away from people as they possibly could. And make a tidy profit on federal money in the process.
Bonus- Why have flu deaths dropped +99% since COVID hit the scene? More people were lost in 2019 to flu than 2020/2021 to COVID in the U.S. alone.

Why would that be?a reply to: 1947boomer

posted on May, 18 2021 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: 1947boomer

Contrast this with Texas' success with Covid....
A mere two months after being crucified by leftists for its "Neandertal thinking", Texas has turned the corner and has reported its first zero covid death day, the best since last summer. No, Covid not gone in Texas yet and the numbers will rise and fall, but this is clearly encouraging, particularly contrasting with other states pushing politics-based measures.

www.zerohedge.com...

We can speculate about reasons for Texas'/Florida success:
- not concentrating masses of people in a few government-approved stores
- more people outside getting vitamin D from the sun
etc

However, point is, LOCKDOWNS NEVER WORKED and were political from the start.

This is not a condemnation of the CDC or medicine, so much as it is of the infestation of these bodies by "woke" "emotional" "political" garbage.

A move away from real science and real fact-based medicine that harms everyone.
A tragedy.

Were hospitals overwhelmed ? YES
But the obvious solution, increasing hospital and ICU capacity on a permanent basis, is not even being talked about, not even as a long-term goal, one year into this crisis.

Useless measures like lockdowns, however, still are.
This lack of solving the hospital/ICU capacity problem GUARANTEES a return to fascist political controls next time a new disease hits.

And other fields such as STEM are also attempted to being infested by "wokism", such as 2+2=5, the need to "reject the scientific method" etc

Not doing so would be destructive for society at large.

1. Texas has fully vaccinated about 32% of its population. That could have something to do with it.

2. The shortage of hospital/ICU capacity will never be addressed as long as we have our current for-profit medical insurance system. It’s way too expensive to have a bunch of permanent excess capacity just sitting around unused 99% of the time.

3. “Wokism” has nothing to do with any of this.

1. Vaccination has nothing to do with it. Fauci himself could not explain it.. Two months ago when Texas was first condemned, its vaccination rate was nowhere near where it is now at. It does show, however, that lockdowns make no difference.

2. Canada has a government-owned system and is encountering the same capacity issues or worse. The Ottawa Civic Hospital used to have over 1100 beds. This has now been reduced to a little over 500, while the boomer generation gets older and requires MORE care. Government-owned anything makes everything even more driven by politics.

3. "wokism" has everything to do with this, when the CDC head made her teary-eyed show a few weeks ago, before then doing a full 180, while science stayed the same. I can also point you to AMA's disgraceful statement condemning "meritocracy"

edit on 18-5-2021 by M5xaz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2021 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Texas leads the way

Tell you what, those RED policies really shining and only add to the stockpile for success.

posted on May, 18 2021 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: LSU2018

I recall President Trump mentioning during a "Town Hall", the July 2020 CDC study that revealed 85% of those in the hospital for Covid-19 treatment followed CDC "mask guidelines" most, or all of the time.

The host said to the U.S. President, "That's a lie, let's move on to the next subject."

President Trump let her get away with it. (Made me so mad at Her and Him!)

I would have said, "Hold on BIT'CH. YOU don't know what YOU are talking about!" I would have then had one of my assistants print out the study, bring it to me on-stage, and give out the website address to the world, right then and there.

The people I know around here that got covid mostly wore masks when out. They followed the rules and still got sick. I wear a mask when out at the stores, it fits like crap and I doubt if it is stopping anything because it does not fit my face well. It does work great for when I chop up the leaves with the riding mower, it has been dry and there is a dust cloud when I mow the leaves into dust. It is a mask that Humana sent us, good for mowing grass but not for shopping. The old paper masks I use when sanding the car or equipment work better for shopping, they are the cheap disposable masks I used to use for insulating and for cutting blocks and bricks and floor tiles. They seem to work better than the N95s I used to use at a quarter of the price.

posted on May, 18 2021 @ 10:00 PM
link   

www.zerohedge.com...

They talked about this on some news channel yesterday. At the
end of the report commentary there was speculation by the anchors.

One of them said "It's likely due to the warmer climate both states
share". I just started rolling LMAO. My room mates just sat there
wondering WTF?

posted on May, 18 2021 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: 1947boomer

No, vaccinations have nothing to do with it. If you get the shot, you can still catch COVID and counted as a new case. That ends any argument there. I think that percentage is grossly exaggerated. At my Firestation we were offered them at the very beginning of the rollout. Out of 24 housed here I think 1 person took it, got sick, and had an adverse reaction.

Our run numbers were down during the height of the so called pandemic because people weren’t out like normal. We were called out on several COVID cases and none I ran on had more than the sniffles. Hospitals were ghost towns during the horror show the media was spitting. Ghost towns..

In rural/suburbs not many ever played this silly mask game. Only going into the big cities where the nanny state lovers live was it common to see the dreaded “mask required” sign.

posted on May, 19 2021 @ 03:07 AM
link   

They need to eject politicians from politics.

posted on May, 19 2021 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: TexasTruth

Same here. Patients with actual health problems were refusing treatment to the hospital, out of fear, to their detriment.

Last February to April, most of our "Priority 5" calls were people snitching on other people who coughed in public, or a bunch of asymptomatic hypochondriacs.

I don't need the vaccine because my risk is minimal and I'm pretty sure I already had COVID. And the more they push, the more I'm determined to refuse. My family has a strong history of informed, civil disobedience. Add to that, my 84 y.o. grandma got COVID and was just fine.

posted on May, 19 2021 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: ltdan08
a reply to: TexasTruth

Add to that, my 84 y.o. grandma got COVID and was just fine.

< GASP >

You liar. Everyone around you is supposed to be a self-centered, granny-killing sociopath murder suspect who Killed Grandma Dead merely by exhaling. And this "She lived fine" thing is a real wrench in the gears, the elderly are not allowed to breeze through it fine like it's just some kind of cold bug or anything -- it messes with Teh Feelz manipulators' heads.

/sarc (but hopefully you already could tell that)

posted on May, 19 2021 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Southern States only really succeed at the times of year where people stay outdoors more.

It's why NYC got real bad when it hit real cold and everybody went inside and stopped social distancing.

Arizona got bad when it got really hot and people sat inside in front of the AC.

posted on May, 19 2021 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

She was actually doing very poorly in the hospital and my grandpa bought a hospital bed for the house and was preparing for the end. As soon as she got home, she perked right back up and we all got to visit for Christmas. I had already given up on COVID restrictions by about 70%. My grandma was the only person I was actually concerned about and actively protected. After her recovery, the whole thing became a charade and I actively seek and destroy people's empty, political talking points.

I knew you were being sarcastic when you called me a "granny-killing sociopath." I'm glad that we turned that weaponized talking point against the COVID authoritarians.

posted on May, 19 2021 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

Southern States only really succeed at the times of year where people stay outdoors more.

It's why NYC got real bad when it hit real cold and everybody went inside and stopped social distancing.

Arizona got bad when it got really hot and people sat inside in front of the AC.

No.
Compare California and Florida - it's a leadership issue, nothing to do with social distancing/lockdown or other BS. Look at Florida beaches in March break and NONE of the "predicted" DOOM came of it, and this despite the fact that Florida has a substantial senior population

I would agree that keeping people indoor possibly makes it worse,
edit on 19-5-2021 by M5xaz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2021 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Fox News shines a spot light on which Politicians and MSM personalities have "Egg on Face" after declaring DOOM for Texas.

Always Wrong list: www.foxnews.com...

Pretty much the same group of idiots who hate the America our parents/grandparents constructed for us.

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 10:48 PM
link   
PREDICTION

The incoming/upcoming rebellion that everyone can sense, will also hold the hate-filled Main Stream Media accountable.

Today NBC-MSNBC poked fun at Texas Governor Greg Abbott, for not being able to walk!

Source: www.foxnews.com...

Liberal Media is the Enemy of All Human Beings, whether they know it yet, or not.

new topics

top topics

join