It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon Plans to Monitor Military Social Media for Extremism

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2021 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

They'd be piled up in the mud in the middle of no mans... sorry, persons land. The other trench was too far away.

What mud? They only fought er... encountered the enemy on sunny, dry, nice days. They would never risk getting their uniforms dirty. The enemy would see the piles of flowers, candy and money. This would entice them to came out of their trench and the allies would counterattack with a pick-nick. Food for all.

At least that is how the future history books will read.

edit on 5 18 2021 by beyondknowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2021 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: beyondknowledge
a reply to: Tulpa

They'd be piled up in the mud in the middle of no mans... sorry, persons land. The other trench was too far away.

What mud? They only fought er... encountered the enemy on sunny, dry, nice days. They would never risk getting their uniforms dirty. The enemy would see the piles of flowers, candy and money. This would entice them to came out of their trench and the allies would counterattack with a pick-nick. Food for all.

At least that is how the future history books will read.

As they emerge from the trenches wearing their pink pussy helmets?

posted on May, 19 2021 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

As they emerge from the trenches wearing their pink pussy helmets?

lmao.

I remember an episode of Tomorrows World back in the late 80's. They were showcasing a crimefighting tool called "The Web", it connected people together, so they could ascertain who knew who, and who was connected to who. Then the internet came along, the world wide web. Then DARPA created Facebook for the same reason and used Zuckerberg as a front man to give it legitimacy. Social media has done nothing but divide us further, censoring truth and pushing agendas. Social media is cancer, we are better off without it. Im pretty sure that our activity has been monitored and sold to the highest bidder from the very start of "social media".
edit on 20215America/Chicago05am5amWed, 19 May 2021 00:06:42 -05000521 by OneManArmy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2021 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Few interesting anagles in this story

1. So, the 'Military' refutes the Intercept headline of "survellience", saying in the body of the text:

"We anticipate that any social media screening would be intended only as an additional means of vetting cleared individuals or those seeking to obtain a security clearance, not as a tool for ongoing surveillance of all men and women in uniform. "

Not saying the DoD is truth telling here, but nothing is presented to discredit the statement.

2. Babel Street.

Firstly is there any actor in a Secret Service story who doesnt hark back to Biblical destruction? Chapman the founder called his previous company 'Harbinger'. I find the mentality serious disturbing (by the way I'm telling them not you, as writting the names has set a billion flags off in Virginia).

Secondly The owner of Intercept is the French-American eBay founder Pierre Omidyar, a well known and substantial Democrat supporter. Given the facts are thin in the story, is the purpose simply to hassle the Government?

3. Whatever happend to 'Five Eyes' the global survellience engine designed for the war on terror? Isn't this reading /listening to keywords on a survellience basis? If not what are we paying for?

All in all perhaps the Military deserve more detailed scrutiney than the people they protect. If not you get the Generals writting open letters to the Government as they recently did in France. Come to think of it, maybe Pierre isnt duch a Democrat after all.

posted on May, 19 2021 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Pentagon Plans to Monitor Military Social Media for Extremism

This country is unrecognizable.

'Freedom' and 'Democracy' eh.

posted on May, 19 2021 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I think ats must be on a list of sites that should be blocked by network admins, because my dentist was blocking it yesterday, however when I piggyback off of Navy WiFi I have no problem, no blocks for anything.

posted on May, 19 2021 @ 06:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: dandandat2
Wow, the thought police are coming. If you had told me 20 years ago that it would be the Democrats who would build the thought police force I would have thought you were crazy; yet here we are.

20 years ago it was the same way. I had arguments with my father about this same situation. He was right.
edit on 19-5-2021 by Guiltyguitarist because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2021 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Every dentist I get has crazy eyes, like Steve Martin in little shop of horrors, they all. Seem eager to cause pain, smiling and laughing the whole time...
The dentist was telling how I'll look like a movie star, meanwhile my eyes spot the defibrillator mounted on the wall behind him, all the while what sounds like a concrete saw screaming in the background...🤪

posted on May, 19 2021 @ 09:55 AM
link   
"When army reviews its forces more than 6 months, and not attacking the enemy, know it is a danger to his people." - Hitler

No stars please.

posted on May, 19 2021 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Doxanoxa

There is a lot of lies about what surveillance capabilities exist and what don't. A lot of it is fake stories to keep people scared, and movies and TV shows making # look cool and high tech so it doesn't look boring.

The rest of it is... well, boring.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join