It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US mil renews Raven Steerable high altitude balloons in effort to identify “drone swarms”.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2021 @ 03:08 PM
link   
So it appears there is a direct reaction from the US military to the public’s awareness of the “drone swarms” we’re all aware of now that have been harassing the Naval fleets off both coastlines.

I wonder now how many of you experts will blame the sightings themselves on these balloons.

Story here:
www.thedrive.com...

posted on May, 18 2021 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Pokenaut

Interesting-They are already deployed over areas where the tic tac and other UAVs have been reported.
From what I understood from the link-the ballons act as a kind of mobile network and surveillance/intel gathering stations.

Which I guess means the US military are trying to collect more info on the uavs.

Maybe the balloons can make a more accurate picture of how these things behave and what they are..or as I have thought before-the military may just be monitoring one of their own research projects.

posted on May, 18 2021 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Off the east coast just south of Myrtle Beach.
Sweet! There's one right now on ads-b exchange.

N256TH
ravenaerostar.com...

But..😐

At Unit cost F-18: 29,000,000–57,000,000 USD per aircraft. If a well trained military pilot states they are encountering an aircraft that is faster, more maneuverable and transmedium( water, air, space ). I'm putting more trust in the pilots.

Edit: pilots are very well trained observers, they know the difference between a drone, foe and balloons.

youtu.be...

edit on 18-5-2021 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2021 @ 04:53 PM
link   
just curious wich branch these balloons belong to , are they from the USAF or the US Navy ?

posted on May, 18 2021 @ 05:00 PM
link   

I wonder now how many of you experts will blame the sightings themselves on these balloons.

This is exactly what many people did with the "Phoenix lights". Which of course is what the U.S. government intended when they dropped those flares.

posted on May, 18 2021 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheGreazel
just curious wich branch these balloons belong to , are they from the USAF or the US Navy ?

Could be space force as well. keeping track of those alien drones ya know. The interest in carriers is directly related to China. They want to know where our carriers are and what they are doing. Chinese fishing trawlers will dispatch drones to watch the fleet.

posted on May, 18 2021 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: TheGreazel

Could be space force as well. keeping track of those alien drones ya know. The interest in carriers is directly related to China. They want to know where our carriers are and what they are doing. Chinese fishing trawlers will dispatch drones to watch the fleet.

China can use satellites for general location of our fleets. Any "drones" would only be used for close proximity recon. Also, they don't have drones that can traverse the Pacific ocean, make observations for hours/days then fly into the ocean and out then fly back to the mainland.

posted on May, 18 2021 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

Yes China could have drones that traverse the Pacific, they would be released from high altitude balloons or from outer space via orbital airships. Aircraft, boats and subs etc...

edit on 59055931pm312021Tue, 18 May 2021 17:59:58 -0500 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2021 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Here’s a demonstration of were drone technology is swarming for consumer consumption let alone for militarization.....

This Record-Breaking Shanghai Drone Display Is A Show Of Technological Strength

www.forbes.com... 437de49a2d53

m.youtube.com...

Militarily for all intents and purposes, high speed UAP’s can become Unmanned Kinetic Killing Machines. You don’t need an explosive warhead .... just controllable and speed to slam the target. That to me and possibly others is worrisome.

edit on 18-5-2021 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2021 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: imitator
a reply to: Alien Abduct

Yes China could have drones that traverse the Pacific, they would be released from high altitude balloons or from outer space via orbital airships. Aircraft, boats and subs etc...

Okay, now address the other points in that post.

posted on May, 18 2021 @ 07:48 PM
link   
They're really going with the whole fake alien invasion agenda huh?

posted on May, 18 2021 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pokenaut
So it appears there is a direct reaction from the US military to the public’s awareness of the “drone swarms” we’re all aware of now that have been harassing the Naval fleets off both coastlines.

Story here:
www.thedrive.com...

Some people will blame it on China/Russia... though we have been seeing these things since at least the 1940's. You know, even long before the microchip was invented.

They'll blame China for all of them even though some display technology that defies our current understanding of physics. China, with a fraction of the U.S. military budget invented technology that is at least centuries ahead of the U.S. under complete secrecy. Flying vehicles that can fly at 15,000 miles per hour without cracking a sonic boom and turn a 90 degree turn without slowing down, has no visible means of propulsion, no wings, can go into the waters, air, and space at will, can evade U.S.'s best fighter planes like they are a joke.

If China had this tech we wouldn't have to worry about any Alien invasion, we most certainly would have been invaded already....by China.

posted on May, 19 2021 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I saw something a few years back that made me think of "steerable balloons." They were way, way up there, changing directions, circling around each other oblivious to wind, eventually separating in opposite directions and just fading away. Not birds. Steerable balloons was my first thought.

Me being in Southern California, my 19th thought was that they were tic-tacs, flying around long before the hoopla started and they got that goofy name.

(post by Pokenaut removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 19 2021 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Actually I like the Drive...interesting tech articles

Btw....anger management is advisable

posted on May, 20 2021 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus1

Actually I like the Drive...interesting tech articles

Btw....anger management is advisable

And again, another post with no content.

Does anyone think it’s a coincidence that the news is released of the Raven Program’s takeover by the military and then deploying them in the same area where these repeated intrusions have been documented as taking place?
I think the only thing “new” here is that the US Govt is allowing their interest (the facade?) to be seen publicly
edit on 20-5-2021 by Pokenaut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2021 @ 05:36 PM
link   
And here is another case of assumption of “drone”, when looking at the facts doesn’t point towards Any known drone tech. Speeds faster than police helicopters? Staying on station for hours? And quick acceleration and climbing about 14,000 ft?

www.thedrive.com...

top topics

join