It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

STOPELON Crypto surges 512%... We have reached peak Idiocracy

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2021 @ 12:20 PM
link   
www.msn.com... ntp

So in summation, a bunch of Cryptocurrency believers are all butt hurt that Elon is manipulating crypto markets and started a STOPELON coin and it surged 512%. Apparently their end game is make enough to buy controlling interest in Tesla and drive Elon out (GOOD LUCK WITH THAT)

First off this is what you get in your utopia of an un-regulated, decentralized currency. And if you guys think Elon is manipulating crypto you have no idea how Elon's "manipulation" pales in comparison to China's. Blockchain tech is good but Crypto will never be more than a speculative tool to make money, essentially, it is like buying into a poker tournament and getting your chips that you hope to cash back in for US dollars later. If crypto was truly its own standalone decentralized currency then it would not be so heavily tied to the dollar. Why do all the people that believe in crypto want to trade their crypto for dollars if the dollar sucks so bad. I am not saying people have not gotten extremely wealthy off this but it is a scam and you can only hope to cash out before it crashes so you are not one of the people left holding the bag.

posted on May, 18 2021 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: HONROC

A lot of crypto (most, in fact) have a business behind the coin/token. It’s way more than just “making money”, but you can play the market and do just that, if you wish.

The business behind Siacoin, for instance, has been working on technology that gives you cloud storage, but it’s encrypted AND split between multiple locations (sort of like a RAID system).

And there are others that aren’t hundreds or thousands of dollars a coin/token, like BitTorrent and Siacoin.

posted on May, 18 2021 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: HONROC
www.msn.com... ntp

So in summation, a bunch of Cryptocurrency believers are all butt hurt that Elon is manipulating crypto markets and started a STOPELON coin and it surged 512%. Apparently their end game is make enough to buy controlling interest in Tesla and drive Elon out (GOOD LUCK WITH THAT)

First off this is what you get in your utopia of an un-regulated, decentralized currency. And if you guys think Elon is manipulating crypto you have no idea how Elon's "manipulation" pales in comparison to China's. Blockchain tech is good but Crypto will never be more than a speculative tool to make money, essentially, it is like buying into a poker tournament and getting your chips that you hope to cash back in for US dollars later. If crypto was truly its own standalone decentralized currency then it would not be so heavily tied to the dollar. Why do all the people that believe in crypto want to trade their crypto for dollars if the dollar sucks so bad. I am not saying people have not gotten extremely wealthy off this but it is a scam and you can only hope to cash out before it crashes so you are not one of the people left holding the bag.

It's more likely the truth is somewhere in between, some are scam coins and some have legitimate uses. Cryptocurrency will have to be widely accepted for it to skyrocket. Remember when the idea of a "credit card" was scoffed at? it's all about convenience and acceptance crypto has a long way to go for massive acceptance. Baby steps and though I'm a complete novice I can see its appeal to a significant portion of the population.

Sure it is volatile as hell

That said it isn't likely to collapse either, there will likely be a healthy niche market regardless.

posted on May, 18 2021 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Blockchain tech is good but Crypto will never be more than a speculative tool to make money

If crypto was truly its own standalone decentralized currency then it would not be so heavily tied to the dollar

it is a scam and you can only hope to cash out before it crashes so you are not one of the people left holding the bag.

You're so horrifically ignorant about this stuff that your post was embarrassing to read.

Crypto will never be more than a speculative tool to make money

Many have their own non-monetary purposes, so that's incorrect.

If crypto was truly its own standalone decentralized currency then it would not be so heavily tied to the dollar

A couple points here... First, the only cryptocurrencies that are "tied to the dollar" are stablecoins that are literally meant to be tied to the dollar, like USD Coin and Tether. They will always be $1. Second, there are many different kinds of cryptocurrencies with different kinds of value. Some are tied to precious metals, for example.

it is a scam

edit on 5/18/2021 by trollz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2021 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Why do all the people that believe in crypto want to trade their crypto for dollars if the dollar sucks so bad.

I would pay with eggs but binance won't list them as currency. Jokes aside, you overgeneralize a lot. Your lack of knowledge about cryptocurrency is evident, like blatantly.

What putnam wrote..a lot of token and coins have business behind. Coins have other purposes than being used as a payment method and are holding purpose value even if their price crashes, because you can do other things with them. Of course you can't know that because your bias keeps you from looking into it as a whole.

edit on 18.5.2021 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: typo

posted on May, 18 2021 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Since I am not a 5 year old I will not resort to name calling as you have, but, let me ask you this. I do believe that anyone that trades in these cryptos from bitcoin on down the line still needs to cash them out for actual currency to spend at the end of the day. Sure there may be some niche businesses that will take crypto but these bitcoin billionaires are not buying houses and cars with crypto, so that is what i mean when i say tied to the dollar. Get a clue

posted on May, 18 2021 @ 01:20 PM
link   

First off, never underestimate the strength of people in numbers. Elon's dogecoin and StopElon coins are both useless meme coins where as coins such as Etherium, Cardano, Bitcoin, Polkadot etc have purpose (As TerryDon79 pointed out). Elon has so much influence over crypto prices because people in general love to be told what to do by those they view as being more superior to them (MSM for example), and it has cost a lot of people, a lot of money and was not necessary. He should promote a coin with value and not create perceived value out of a s*** coin.
Bitcoin fluctuates with Nasdaq because the hedge funds trade it.
Lastly, if crypto is as useless as you make it out to be, why is the US government along with the federal reserve developing coins to replace your fiat currency?

As for people converting BTC to fiat, well people need to pay rent and buy groceries and cover expenses. If this was possible via crypto, everywhere, no one would convert it. Mate if this is a scam then I must be way up in the pyramid because I made a hella lotta $$$ and guess what? the Dollars gonna crash pretty soon.

posted on May, 18 2021 @ 01:20 PM
link   

are not buying houses and cars with crypto

Actually, there’s a lot you CAN buy with crypto currency. A simple search in your preferred search engine will give a list of 100s of companies, from toys, to shoes, to cars and yes, even houses.

The more you know, right?

ETA: I made it easier for you
edit on 1852021 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2021 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

Sure buddy, ask your realtor if they will take any crypto and they will laugh in your face

posted on May, 18 2021 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Sure buddy, ask your realtor if they will take any crypto and they will laugh in your face

Not if that realtor accepts crypto. Would you like me to post links of realtors who accept crypto too?

ETA: I did it anyway
edit on 1852021 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2021 @ 01:45 PM
link   

you are impossible, you are going to find a few exceptions to the norm and post them, sure go ahead if that makes you feel better about yourself, i bet what ever realtor does accept crypto converts it to USD as quick as they can seeing that crypto will drop 10-20 k in a few days to a weeks time based on a tweet. It will never be a widespread currency when it is s o volatile. So if you sell me a house for 5 BTC @ 50k per BTC and two days later Elon sneezes and BTC is worth 40 BTC how can that ever be a legit currency. But sure post your exceptions to the norm.

WOW!!! worse than I though LOL, so you found 5 realtors in the US that take BTC? LOL Try better next time, just like I said there will always be exceptions to every norm.
edit on 18-5-2021 by HONROC because: Because

posted on May, 18 2021 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Nice rant.

Not sure what that’s got to do with your naivety about crypto and being proven wrong at every step.

posted on May, 18 2021 @ 01:48 PM
link   

You may want to try and learn more about this before you just assume you have it all figured out. There is a lot of knowledge on this site and it’s a shame to ignore it.

posted on May, 18 2021 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I have bought a lot of things with LTC, all legal stuff on the official internet.

It's just acceptance, I would accept LTC, BTC, ETH and BNB as a payment method if I could figure out the escrow part and make it compatible with tax. I don't know why types like you always have to complain and make uneducated threads about cryptocurrency, when you all naysayers couldn't care less about the topic?

posted on May, 18 2021 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

I don't know why types like you always have to complain and make uneducated threads about cryptocurrency, when you all naysayers couldn't care less about the topic?

I believe it’s one of 3 options.

1, They were too late to the party and didn’t buy when the coins/tokens were tiny, so no huge payout

2, They did invest, but got burned when things took a dip, sold the dip and no huge payout

Or 3, They simply don’t understand how it works and don’t want to understand (OK Boomer comes to mind)

posted on May, 18 2021 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Doesn't this demonstrate the vaporous nature, incredible insecurity, and volatility of cryptocurrencies?

It's like investing in a fashion magazine.

posted on May, 18 2021 @ 01:56 PM
link   

What have I been wrong about?

It is unstable-- check
It is not widely accepted-- check
IT is the exception( ie 5 realtors nationwide) -- Check
People only want it to make more USD-- check

That is what I said in my OP and I am not wrong about any of them.

No different than gold or precious metals, they are not widely accepted either and people only get them in hopes of holding on long enough to make more dollars

edit on 18-5-2021 by HONROC because: Clarity

posted on May, 18 2021 @ 01:57 PM
link   

I think I’ll go with option 3 and leave you to your little rant.

OK Boomer.

posted on May, 18 2021 @ 01:58 PM
link   

You are wrong again,, not a boomer Gen X baby.

posted on May, 18 2021 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Yes. It’s wildly bad. Don’t even worry about it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join