It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Republican Leader Kevin McCarthy has announced he's opposed to a bipartisan agreement

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2021 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

that goes without saying.

posted on May, 18 2021 @ 01:02 PM
link   
A panel led by Democrat leadership will flounder when they are forced to show known Democrat operatives inside the "ranks" of the "insurrectionists" !! We've seen the videos and the pictures !! 😎

posted on May, 18 2021 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Server181

The heck are you talking about, I am talking about the left in this case because that is the conversation we are having is you complaining that the left can't investigate orange man. I am simply stating that an investigation is pointless as nothing will come of it and it will be a waste of time and money, yet, you do some mental gymnastics and assume to know my thoughts on everything from that argument?

posted on May, 18 2021 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: HONROC

The heck are you talking about, I am talking about the left in this case because that is the conversation we are having is you complaining that the left can't investigate orange man. I am simply stating that an investigation is pointless as nothing will come of it and it will be a waste of time and money, yet, you do some mental gymnastics and assume to know my thoughts on everything from that argument?

I couldn't quite follow your first couple of lines there, so to quote you "What the heck are YOU talking about?"

I say investigate the insurrection, audit the elections, investigate Hunter, lets see what Hillary has been up to. Hell, lets look into Clintons cigar uses and Bush JR's coke use. I am for them ALL.

Far right and far left wingers, on the other hand , only want the OTHER guy looked into. Where do you stand, friend?

posted on May, 18 2021 @ 01:40 PM
link   

I thought I was clear, I stand on not wasting money on useless investigations that no one will ever get in trouble for or have anything happen to them, apparently you are ok with the waste of time and money to investigate everyone. Look, if anything ever came from these investigations and people would pay or get in trouble like you and I ( the commoners) would then I would say let the dogs loose. My point stays the same, these "investigations" are dog whistles, and politcal ads with soundbites paid for by the taxpayers and nothing ever happens. To summarize and make it extremely clear for you to understand. IF investigations ever resulted in anything I say go after all of the corrupt in government (left or right), but knowing nothing will ever come of it don't waste our time or money on it. These investigations are just a way for polticians to justify their salaries.. Clear enough?

posted on May, 18 2021 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Server181
that you are looking to make lite of a situation that seriously threatened our very democracy (republic, if you will) (Hang Mike Pence - remember?) because it doesn't match up with your political convictions.

So people went in without weapons, no one was seriously injured anyone, or killed anyone even though the initial reports said otherwise. The doors were opened from the inside and people walked around talking selfies, following the guide ropes, very little vandalism with priceless paintings all over the place. It was all done and over with by 1800 when they established a curfew, so everyone left and Congress was back in session that very night. No further protests followed either...

Just so we can at least meet half way, what was the serious threat?

posted on May, 18 2021 @ 02:00 PM
link   
invited in

No need debunked already.
Oops sorry
a reply to: shooterbrody

edit on 18-5-2021 by CrazyFox because: Tablet

edit on 18-5-2021 by CrazyFox because: For clarity

edit on 18-5-2021 by CrazyFox because: For clarity

posted on May, 18 2021 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

You forgot the only person killed was an unarmed protester that got shot by Capitol police. Had that happened to BLM there would have been riots and charges of racism and defund the police, but since she was a white trump supporter give that cop a medal he was a hero, dude shot blindly through a door at not only protesters but other police officers that were right there.

Add to that they won't release the officers name, But if a white cop shoots someone trying to actively stab and kill another person his name is immediately released.
edit on 18-5-2021 by HONROC because: Added material

posted on May, 18 2021 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Loved the under pants gnomes example

Lol

a reply to: network dude

posted on May, 18 2021 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: HONROC

I thought I was clear, I stand on not wasting money on useless investigations that no one will ever get in trouble for or have anything happen to them, apparently you are ok with the waste of time and money to investigate everyone. Look, if anything ever came from these investigations and people would pay or get in trouble like you and I ( the commoners) would then I would say let the dogs loose. My point stays the same, these "investigations" are dog whistles, and politcal ads with soundbites paid for by the taxpayers and nothing ever happens. To summarize and make it extremely clear for you to understand. IF investigations ever resulted in anything I say go after all of the corrupt in government (left or right), but knowing nothing will ever come of it don't waste our time or money on it. These investigations are just a way for polticians to justify their salaries.. Clear enough?

I get it now. I was under the impression you WANTED an investigation / audit concerning the election but not January 6th, but now I understand that you do not want any investigations because they historically produce ZERO results. That is a very valid point, to be honest.

posted on May, 18 2021 @ 02:12 PM
link   

I wondered what the heck we were going back and forth about LOL.

posted on May, 18 2021 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

that you are looking to make lite of a situation that seriously threatened our very democracy (republic, if you will) (Hang Mike Pence - remember?) because it doesn't match up with your political convictions.

So people went in without weapons, no one was seriously injured anyone, or killed anyone even though the initial reports said otherwise. The doors were opened from the inside and people walked around talking selfies, following the guide ropes, very little vandalism with priceless paintings all over the place. It was all done and over with by 1800 when they established a curfew, so everyone left and Congress was back in session that very night. No further protests followed either...

Just so we can at least meet half way, what was the serious threat?

Half the BLM protestors go to protests unarmed, yet find rocks, bricks, batteries (whatever) to do damage. It is intent. They intended to halt an election certification (and maybe hang a vice president or 2 for good measure) just as BLM criminals intend to do harm and damage when they go a-protesting too. I HATE using what-about-ism, but I guess I needed to put into terms that both the far left and far right could easily understand.

posted on May, 18 2021 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Anyone else report or just marxist news?
a reply to: Sookiechacha
Look at their articles and explain how this sight is not biased. Oh and the y were let in I just posted it and it was posted before you posted?

posted on May, 18 2021 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Hang a VP or 2? There were 2 VP's that is news to me and you people spouting this hyperbole know this . The election ertification was always going to happen and you know that. It was essentially a guided protest
edit on 18-5-2021 by HONROC because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2021 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Any independent commission to investigate the January 6 attack on the Capitol, will be packed by the democrats and no longer independent and be a joke.

I live in House Republican Leader Kevin McCarthy district in Calif and vote for him every election
and I support him and oppose it on the grounds of being a waste of money and a sham for democrat propaganda.

posted on May, 18 2021 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: ANNED

They have to ramp up fear some how.

People aren't afraid of covid any longer.
Antifa and BLM are Marxist losers who just destroy small businesses.

They just have the doom of Jan 6. The evil leftists are so busy rewriting history and making crap up that they can't see what complete morons they're making of themselves.

posted on May, 18 2021 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: HONROC

To be fair Harris was still serving as a Senator on January 6th. So it could've been two VPs.

posted on May, 18 2021 @ 03:05 PM
link   
All Kevin does is oppose. No new fresh ideas from the Right in a couple decades. Play the abortion and guns anthems and it's all they got. With a little bit of Christian hypocrisy thrown in. Oppose and Obstruct, while at the same time gaslighting their cult.

posted on May, 18 2021 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Half the BLM protestors go to protests unarmed, yet find rocks, bricks, batteries (whatever) to do damage. It is intent. They intended to halt an election certification (and maybe hang a vice president or 2 for good measure) just as BLM criminals intend to do harm and damage when they go a-protesting too. I HATE using what-about-ism, but I guess I needed to put into terms that both the far left and far right could easily understand.

Picking up a rock and throwing it is not intent... If they truly wanted to do harm they had the numbers to do it, but didn't, they also left when a curfew was established... They were not organized outside of just marching to the capital in protest. You are just one big ass hyperbole in all this. Assumption after assumption, but in the end it was still as I said... And you want to compare that to the far left rioting for like 2 years now, billions in damage, billions in theft/loss of business, dozens killed, autonomous zones popping up, so on and so forth. Jan 6 was about a 3 or 4 hour event and then people went home...GIVE ME A BREAK!

lol

BTW get off the far right far left...will you...

edit on 18-5-2021 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2021 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: CrazyFox

What's your point? Are you asserting that the conversation didn't happen as reported?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join