It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palestinian/Israeli conflict is a political cudgel

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2021 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767
a reply to: J1mmyNeutron

It is Iran pulling Hamas String's, they want to distract and the world is distracted, watch my hand while my other hand does something else?.

Israel are being a bit heavy handed but they do have to protect themselves and Hamas is proving they have been stockpiling for a war by the sheer amount of ordnance they are launching toward Israel.

The problem is that there are extremists on both sides of that divide and both sets of extremists are as bad and as bloody as one another, it is always the kid's, the innocent guy that is just trying to live his life, the innocent girl that dies in these conflicts.

But.

Conflict is inevitable, if Israel back's down now it will just begin again in two, ten or even twenty years time and be even worse then than it will be now.

I feel sorry for the people in the Palestinian Territory's and for the Innocent Israeli's killed by Hamas rockets as well though far more innocent Palestinians are currently dying.

In the long run, realistically and not for political point scoring a two state solution is simply not possible as both sides want control of the same territory, the only viable solution is for Israel to become more democratic and to make those Palestinians Israeli citizens with full right's, end forced evictions (the Palestinians by and large also have Jewish ancestors so in God's sight it is there land as well after all so both sides need to forgive if never to forget and to realize they are brothers and sisters not aliens to one another), stop running over peace and human rights protestors with bulldozers and tank's and make the best of a SINGLE state solution that cares for and caters to all of it's people.

Culture smulture.

Pretty much how I think, but that scenario scares Israel because eventually, they wouldn't be in the majority and in control

We would be better off if either Israel or Palestine would just relocate to the Utah desert, we already got loads of religious zealots there.

posted on May, 17 2021 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: J1mmyNeutron
As far with most (not all) people, I've noticed the Israel-Palestine conflict is is a political cudgel used by the right and left.

If you're a right republican conservative, you're pro-Israel.

If you're a left democrat progressive, you're pro-Palestine.

I consider myself a Constitutionalist. I'm pro "None of our business, stay out of it." This is why the UN was created. Let them earn the money they suck out of everyone else and do their job.

posted on May, 17 2021 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

The thing is the UN is a perfect example if how we've made it our problem. Things might be very different in the area if the US stopped vetoing any resolution that seeks to punish, or even just condemn, Israel for crimes against humanity.

posted on May, 17 2021 @ 11:45 AM
link   

If the past year has taught me anything, it's that Israel has "mostly peaceful" bombings.

posted on May, 17 2021 @ 11:46 AM
link   

I disagree , if you've seen the injustice and theft perpetrated against the Palestinian people over a period of decades then chances are you're pro the Palestinians.

I support the people who have been wronged.

posted on May, 17 2021 @ 12:20 PM
link   
If your dad gave you a home, complete with title, Im sure that none of you would mind if someone from outside your family, walked in the door and and moved into one of your bedrooms, then slapped you, each time they passed you on their way to your kitchen. That hot rod in the garage; your most prized possession, is now, according to them, one of their most prized possessions, and you need to stay away from it.

Unfortunately for you, after you had enough slaps, and your wife and kids went to the hospital, you told them, only one of them is allowed in the kitchen at a time now. It really pissed them off, so they all came at you, throwing punches. You foolishly decked a few of them, and now all your neighbors are screaming UNFAIR! UNFAIR!

Now its looking like your neighbors will be showing up on your doorstep to try and deck you, while demanding that you stay out of their kitchen.

This issue was brought to your dad's attention, and he is pissed. He is one bad ass, and he is on his way over to deal with the unwanted guests and the neighbors, since he owns the neighbors homes too.

Good luck to your guests and neighbors.

posted on May, 17 2021 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
If your dad gave you a home, complete with title, Im sure that none of you would mind if someone from outside your family, walked in the door and and moved into one of your bedrooms, then slapped you, each time they passed you on their way to your kitchen. That hot rod in the garage; your most prized possession, is now, according to them, one of their most prized possessions, and you need to stay away from it.

Unfortunately for you, after you had enough slaps, and your wife and kids went to the hospital, you told them, only one of them is allowed in the kitchen at a time now. It really pissed them off, so they all came at you, throwing punches. You foolishly decked a few of them, and now all your neighbors are screaming UNFAIR! UNFAIR!

Now its looking like your neighbors will be showing up on your doorstep to try and deck you, while demanding that you stay out of their kitchen.

This issue was brought to your dad's attention, and he is pissed. He is one bad ass, and he is on his way over to deal with the unwanted guests and the neighbors, since he owns the neighbors homes too.

Except that is not what happened in their conflict... nice try though.

More like you got some vacant land that no one claimed or owned. Not only that, the land is harsh with few resources.

You move in and through hard work, turn it into something valuable. The neighbors get mad that they didn't do it and decide they don't want you there anymore. You try to make peace, but to no avail.

They frequently come over asking for a fight. You kick their ass and then they go crying to other neighbors. You keep your yard clean and manicured while the neighbor is so focused on you, they let their plot of land fall into disrepair. They've been given billions only to squander it on everything except making their own land better. Meanwhile, Israel is a 1st world country contributing to tech advancement and the like...

posted on May, 17 2021 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Ever hear a bunch of old women gossip about nothing that has to do with them or their family?

Got a problem with the Jews being there in their land? That was my family that put them there. Not a single other person on this site. We did it, and then God, spirited us away to safety right before the Holocaust of my people. 1.5 million Armenians.

Palestinian's dont belong there, and soon they will be gone. Enough of the Roman insult to the Jews.

Hagop Kazazyan Pasha

posted on May, 17 2021 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: inosomthingudontno

I used to have a dual in screen tv. Got rid of it. 1 side of your brain is relaxing and being entertained, while the other is absorbing the msn brainwashing; recipe for disaster. Upgraded to plasma and regained my serenity

posted on May, 17 2021 @ 03:31 PM
link   

My opinion is I don't care what politicians in my country say about it as long as they don't talk with my tax dollars.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion I suppose, but I don't see what business my country has in acting over there, one way or the other... And if both parties want to pick different sides, than maybe we shouldn't play either because perhaps we're making it worse.

posted on May, 17 2021 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

If someone is launching rockets into your country then you have every right to defend yourself.

Hamas likes to hide in hospitals and schools, etc., and so it is not Israel's fault that civilians are dying, and in fact Israel gives warnings for people to get out before retaliating.

I don't know what's so hard about that to understand.

posted on May, 17 2021 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

I disagree , if you've seen the injustice and theft perpetrated against the Palestinian people over a period of decades then chances are you're pro the Palestinians.

I support the people who have been wronged.

What injustice and theft ?
If it hadn't been for the UK , there would have been no problems.
"Palestinians" would have to have started problems somewhere else.
Oh , wait.
They have been given the boot , at one time or another , from most other Middle East countries for the exact same thing.

By the way , there are no Palestinian people .
What we call Palestinian is truly a "conglomeration" of a multitude of Middle Eastern tribes .

edit on 5/17/21 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2021 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Using wisdom and history in one post .
Goth likes

posted on May, 17 2021 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767
I feel sorry for the people in the Palestinian Territory's and for the Innocent Israeli's killed by Hamas rockets as well though far more innocent Palestinians are currently dying.

I'm glad this was brought up which I'd like to expand upon.

My opinion was very similar, but I've come to ask myself, if I were a Palestinian, would I vote for Hamas year after year? And if so, what would compel me to do so?

A question worth asking by the empathetic. Need to understand the conflict from both sides of the aisle.

posted on May, 17 2021 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I bet God is looking down at this conflict and smiling. This is what he would want /sarcasm

God is the final judge. Or...it all goes black, and we become dust in the wind. Either or...Morality doesn't exist in this conflict.

posted on May, 17 2021 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
Both these sides are wrong, both Israel and Palestine have committed atrocities and abused their power
There is no forgiveness
Surprisingly everybody’s evil orange headed man settled this conflict down to manageable for a season
Miss those days

I’m with you 100%

Both sides are extremists who believe their religion and ideology (Race in the case of “Gods chosen people”) is superior.

Hopefully the extremists wipe each other out, the innocents can be saved and the world can move on from senseless wars over books written thousands of years before any of us were even on earth.

edit on 1752021 by IAMALLYETALLIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2021 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

10 tribes of Israel co-existing with the 12 tribes of Mormon. Too funny
Utah is open carry
"Meet me at noon - gunfight at the OK Corral"

posted on May, 17 2021 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Imagine if your Dad with one eye and ravens on his shoulder told you that it is the birth right of the Norse to conquer all other peoples and put them to the sword in his name.

See how this works?

posted on May, 17 2021 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: inosomthingudontno

LOL know right. Trump my president had historic peace deals in the middle east. Now bombs lol but Nothing to do with Biden right?

We live in clown world

The peace deal was historic because it happened, not because it was effective.

It essentially consolidated anti-Iranian countries against Iran.

It made no allowances for Palestinians.

If anything, Trump's decision to move the US embassy to Jerusalem increased tension in Israel.

Elsewhere in the Middle East, wars continued same as they did before.

But hey, stay in your bubble and laugh at the clowns outside.

posted on May, 17 2021 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: J1mmyNeutron

My opinion was very similar, but I've come to ask myself, if I were a Palestinian, would I vote for Hamas year after year? And if so, what would compel me to do so?

A question worth asking by the empathetic. Need to understand the conflict from both sides of the aisle.

I can answer that question for you. No, you would not vote for Hamas year after year. There have been no elections in Gaza for some fifteen years or so.

<< 1    3  4 >>

join