It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michelle Obama, victim

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2021 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: TzarChasm

a reply to: TzarChasm

You can't create equal outcomes.

They try it in video games all the time. It's called balance, and every time they try to balance different character types against each other, one group is always buffed way more than intended while another is nerfed into oblivion beyond what they wanted.

The same things happen with the law. You always end up advantaging some too much and disadvantaging others way more than you thought, so balance is never achieved and equality never occurs.

Politicians love it though because they can constantly create problems that they then have to solve ... new victim groups that are oppressed by things they did themselves. New enemies to play off one another.

Stop chasing it all and learn that life is not fair.

One set of rules for all.

Right. You're saying we should give up and just accept that some people are going to suffer and there's no point trying to fix it.

Well that escalated quickly.

Of course, you enjoy missing the point.

My point is that in order to try to force equal outcomes, someone will always suffer. It's inevitable. That is what the euphemism of "disadvantaging some for the advantage of others" means.

I tried to clarify earlier and your response was "no but actually yes". Same with this response.

posted on May, 16 2021 @ 01:55 PM
link   

My point is that in order to try to force equal outcomes, someone will always suffer. It's inevitable. That is what the euphemism of "disadvantaging some for the advantage of others" means.

Who said anything about equal outcomes?

posted on May, 16 2021 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
“When I was poor and complained about inequality they said I was bitter; now that I'm rich and I complain about inequality they say I'm a hypocrite. I'm beginning to think they just don't want to talk about inequality.”

-Russel Brand

Russell Brand, seriously? This was ten years ago. He's worse now. Another Hollywood phony who can't wait to tell you how spititual they are! I saw him on an interview a few weeks ago, and I honestly thought he was spoofing an Indian yogi. He had the robe, the beads, the whole package. Nope, it was real. That's his new identity.

posted on May, 16 2021 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Oh the poor poor baby!

She actually grew up in an upper middle class area and her Father had a good City job all the way through.

Her going to Princeton and Harvard didn't hurt either 😃

The poor deprived girl!😧

posted on May, 16 2021 @ 02:04 PM
link   

You can't create equal outcomes.

They try it in video games all the time. It's called balance, and every time they try to balance different character types against each other, one group is always buffed way more than intended while another is nerfed into oblivion beyond what they wanted.

The same things happen with the law. You always end up advantaging some too much and disadvantaging others way more than you thought, so balance is never achieved and equality never occurs.

Politicians love it though because they can constantly create problems that they then have to solve ... new victim groups that are oppressed by things they did themselves. New enemies to play off one another.

Stop chasing it all and learn that life is not fair.

One set of rules for all.

Right. You're saying we should give up and just accept that some people are going to suffer and there's no point trying to fix it.

Well that escalated quickly.

Of course, you enjoy missing the point.

I tried to clarify earlier and your response was "no but actually yes". Same with this response.

The other result isn't fair either and doesn't create less misery either.

And some people will be miserable no matter what you do. Has it escaped you that Michelle Obama here is carping about mental feelings of inequality? Her material existence is one where she's so far above us that it's ludicrous to read this from her, but how on earth do you make someone *feel* equal if they're determined not to be that way?

It's a personal confidence issue and nothing else. You cannot give people confidence and self-esteem any more than you can take enormous chips off their shoulders.

posted on May, 16 2021 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: glen200376
Can't be easy having to wear a dress and a wig all the time.

That picture is extremely damning 0_0

You have a link where that came from m8?

posted on May, 16 2021 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Isn't she talking about the people who are ACTUALLY oppressed? I don't think anyone in their right mind would think that her or her family are oppressed, they've got it made and anyone with half a brain knows that.

Or are politicians unable to feel sympathy for others who are less fortunate than they are? Not that I believe the Obama's actually care about anyone but themselves but I seriously doubt ANYONE thinks the Obama's are "oppressed".

That would be like people thinking a rich old white guy is oppressed even though he has lived the life of a billionaire playboy his entire life and is also adored by millions of people as the savior of the American dream.

Oh wait... you guys DO believe that. Hmmm.... anyone got a mirror? It might come in handy around here. Or maybe (definitely) not. 😂
edit on 16-5-2021 by Ignoramus420 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2021 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: everyone

Do you honestly believe that picture is real? If so I've got a bridge to sell you...

posted on May, 16 2021 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Ignoramus420

There's a difference between being systemically oppressed and being personally targeted.

I find it interesting though that the types of hatred we dare not think of heaping on some because they are victims can be freely targeted at others because ... they don't qualify. It's just like we're supposed to value "lived experience" from some people and not others for some reason.

No one cares what my lived experiences are even though I've been bullied and targeted plenty. But if my skin color or sexual orientation were different, well, suddenly, those lived experiences of bullying would because all-important and authentic and no one would dare speak against them because of *what* I was, not who.

And this is the same reasoning that makes Michelle Obama's griping about how she feels important. From anyone else (or anyone in a non-victim group) in her life circumstances, they'd be treated like what they are - whining.

edit on 16-5-2021 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2021 @ 05:36 PM
link   
It's fake

posted on May, 16 2021 @ 05:41 PM
link   
It is a shopped version of this, or vice versa, which ever floats your boat.

posted on May, 16 2021 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Well that isn't the premise of this thread at all, the premise is that Michelle Obama and her followers think that she is somehow oppressed when that clearly is not the case. She was clearly talking about the people who are actually systematically oppressed, and there are people who are oppressed by the system, mainly the poor and less fortunate, of which the Obama's are clearly not a part of.

Maybe you could start a thread pertaining to your post here because it is at odds with the OP and is not even close to the same argument.
edit on 16-5-2021 by Ignoramus420 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2021 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
It is a shopped version of this, or vice versa, which ever floats your boat.

People now wonder which one is worse 😃

posted on May, 16 2021 @ 05:51 PM
link   
The trauma experienced by poor Michael is only matched by that of being a freckly, oppressed princess.

May the forces of good have mercy on these poor traumatised souls.

posted on May, 16 2021 @ 05:57 PM
link   

That's human nature, no one is going to change that. Do you think you, or anyone else, or the entire planet for that matter can change what's been going on for tens of thousands of years in history? Good luck with it.

posted on May, 16 2021 @ 06:00 PM
link   

It's clear from her words that she personally identifies to the point where she suffers from "low-grade depression" over the feelings of oppression.

She's not empathizing; she's feeling like she's still a victim if she's going so far as to get depressed by those feelings.

posted on May, 16 2021 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Hypntick

It's almost like some people want to completely absolve everyone else of having any responsibility at all for the circumstances they find themselves in in their lives.

What?! You're unemployed and poor and can't ever get any job beyond a minimum wage one? How terribly for you! The system is just so unfair!

Nevermind that the person in question dropped out of school and never got their GED, can't be bothered to maintain a regular schedule so they never show up to any job they may get on time, is addicted to some drug or other *by choice*, etc.

Sure. Some people are raised in bad circumstances by those who don't know any better, but it's not like there aren't resources available to help you learn to better yourself at every step in the process too.

edit on 16-5-2021 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2021 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Not sure how you can claim to know how and what Michelle Obama is feeling, but ok.

Excessive empathy can most definitely lead to depression, look into it a little.

Not that I believe Michelle Obama gives a flying # about anyone other than herself and her immediate family/friends but I'm not going to claim that I know what she's thinking as a matter of fact, that's overreaching in my opinion.

You do you though. 👍

posted on May, 16 2021 @ 06:19 PM
link   

I read the quotes from the OP?

Excessive empathy

You said it yourself - excessive.

That is generally defined as more than is necessary, normal, or desirable; immoderate. In other words, it's not good or healthy for anyone to be that empathetic.

Well, you paint yourself into a corner.

Either she's being honest and is mentally unhealthy by your own words ... or she's a liar.

posted on May, 16 2021 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
“When I was poor and complained about inequality they said I was bitter; now that I'm rich and I complain about inequality they say I'm a hypocrite. I'm beginning to think they just don't want to talk about inequality.”

-Russel Brand

And now you are just a friendly Rock Spider lol. 🕷

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join