It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to Identify the Enemy 101

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2021 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

Evolves, then devolves again depending on which way the winds are blowing.

posted on May, 17 2021 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov
a reply to: Tulpa

(God, the Stanford Prison Experiment was terrifying but edifying)

Your response about the mask hanging loosely from the front pocket was perfect too. I really might use that. Or (just thought of this) sew a bunch of masks on to a t-shirt and pants and wear that out.

I'm a big fan of hats.

Perhaps some kind of mask hat combo might be suitable.

posted on May, 17 2021 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Wth is an OP?

posted on May, 17 2021 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Love it

Definitely less abrasive than my ideas so far and just as in-your-face.

posted on May, 17 2021 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: MayRenee

Original Post, Original Poster; or at least that's how I've been using it.

posted on May, 17 2021 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

I think it was good, with some top notch replies!

I think humor and satire is essentially dead for some though.. They just dont realize it because they are that super cereal.

I had a family member talk about debunking a posted review about the Colosseum in Italy which was clearly a joke.

It talked about how the accommodations were just not up to their standards, rooms were too small, and something to the effect of "it looks like it hasnt really been updated in centuries." (lol)

I was then regaled of tales of a brave debunker who valiantly "corrected" this review and Im just sittin there like...
"Is this some attempt at satire too?"

But no.. No it wasnt.

They were super cereal about it.

In that, I propose wreaths of cereal, maybe even hair pins with various cereals, to show just how cereal we are.

As the colloquialism so eloquently states: They hate us because they anus. At least, I think thats how it goes.

posted on May, 17 2021 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

Lol. What if the Nazis just didn’t get Jewish humor? Is that what’s happening today?

posted on May, 17 2021 @ 03:13 PM
link   

I actually have noticed this trend, but really over the past decade or so (not only just recently). I've also noticed, over the same time span, people becoming increasingly more antisocial. When I was a kid, I knew every other kid within a mile of me and had his/her phone number memorized. Parents were the same way. Now most people don't even know the name of their next-door neighbor...and don't want to either! And to your point, they'd probably call the cops before they'd walk next-door to ask the neighbors to turn the music down.

Society has become a bitter place. People are so self-absorbed it's just incredible. I blame a lot of it on smart phones. I honestly do. I was in an airport recently and literally watched a family of 4 carry on a conversation without speaking a word, just texting! I know they were talking to each other too because every minute or so they'd look at the brother or Mom or Dad with some astonished look like..."Nuh-Uhhh!" I pointed it out to my wife and she didn't believe me at first, until she started watching more carefully. That level of immersion in technology leaves them wide open to being influenced by all manner of propaganda. The technology just BREEDs one Karen after another!!

posted on May, 17 2021 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

I think it was a good exercise, for sure!

LOL. Super cereal gear, wreaths no less. I love it.

posted on May, 17 2021 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Super heroes wear capes.

That's answered the question, I think. You need to make a super cape out of old masks.

Might be a good idea to wash them first.

posted on May, 17 2021 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Brilliant. And "green" too! Who could take issue with my wearing recycled hazardous waste?

I hope others consider joining this caped crusade.

posted on May, 17 2021 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Fcd, I never got myself a mobile of any sort for this very reason. I remember very clearly a couple of instances which happened in 1999, right when everyone suddenly had one: the first was being in a car w/ 3 friends all of whom were on the phone talking rather than talking to the company in front of them, and the second was observing a couple out together and both were on their phones and ignoring one another, and I just thought--if you are out with a person, why would you disregard them for your devise?

When I'm out I want to be fully emersed in the moment--whether that's giving my friends my full attention, or watching a concert (rather than filming it), or even just enjoying the view instead of trying to get that perfect shot for instagram (I know most people on here would not be going for that, but plenty do).

I've held out a looong time lol. Still never planning on getting one. Still stuck in virtual reality via laptop, but at least when I'm out, I'm away from all that.

posted on May, 17 2021 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Serdgiam

It talked about how the accommodations were just not up to their standards, rooms were too small, and something to the effect of "it looks like it hasnt really been updated in centuries." (lol)

I was then regaled of tales of a brave debunker who valiantly "corrected" this review and Im just sittin there like...
"Is this some attempt at satire too?"

But no.. No it wasnt.

I'm surprised The Onion hasn't been cancelled

posted on May, 17 2021 @ 04:33 PM
link   
One of the driving forces behind this thread is an old Time Magazine anti-Japanese propaganda article (1941) I learned about studying history:
"How to Tell Your Friends From the Japs"
content.time.com...

Of these four faces of young men (above) and middle-aged men (below] the two on the left are Chinese, the two on the right Japanese. There is no infallible way of telling them apart, because the same racial strains are mixed in both. Even an anthropologist, with calipers and plenty of time to measure heads, noses, shoulders, hips, is sometimes stumped. A few rules of thumb — not always reliable :

> Some Chinese are tall (average: 5 ft. 5 in.). Virtually all Japanese are short (average: 5 ft. 2-½ in.). > Japanese are likely to be stockier and broader-hipped than short Chinese. > Japanese — except for wrestlers — are seldom fat ; they often dry up and grow lean as they age. The Chinese often put on weight, particularly if they are prosperous (in China, with its frequent famines, being fat is esteemed as a sign of being a solid citizen). > Chinese, not as hairy as Japanese, seldom grow an impressive mustache. > Most Chinese avoid horn-rimmed spectacles. > Although both have the typical epicanthic fold of the upper eyelid (which makes them look almond-eyed), Japanese eyes are usually set closer together. > Those who know them best often rely on facial expression to tell them apart : the Chinese expression is likely to be more placid, kindly, open; the Japanese more positive, dogmatic, arrogant.

This mask stuff reminded me of that article for whatever reason.

posted on May, 17 2021 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Personally, I will be wearing my trusty V for Vendetta mask and a fedora. It's the universal sign of a lone wolf. But maybe sticking my immunity records to my face like a mask would do the trick?

posted on May, 17 2021 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov
a reply to: network dude

Yikes I know. This really turned into a beast I wasn't anticipating.

Still think it's a worthwhile topic, though.

Never apologize. They will stomp your face and eat your eyeballs.
(no hyperbole in that at all)

you made a good thread and it did everything it was intended to do. Made the smart ones smile, and the "others" salty.
Let them eat cake.

posted on May, 17 2021 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: spite

Haha, love this! It would make my day to spot you out and about.

There's something about human creativity and that unknown factor (chaos in too much order) that I love more than anything.

posted on May, 17 2021 @ 05:21 PM
link   

I'm sorry, but I just have to say that I never apologize.

posted on May, 17 2021 @ 05:21 PM
link   

And your post just made me smile; thank you!!

posted on May, 17 2021 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I'm sorry, but I just have to say that I never apologize.

Look, I'm sorry, but you just said "I never apologize" and I'm just not sure if I can take that to the bank.
What assurances can you offer that what you say is true?

(sorry to be so "that guyish")

Oh, and I'm with you. I never apologize either. (sorry if that sounded abrasive)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join