It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whitmer. Enbridge. Impending Disaster.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2021 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Has nobody read anything about Enbridge and this line 5? It sounds like a disaster ready to happen, as in the line itself is unstable, missing protective coating, and susceptible to damage from tides or anchor strikes.

And as stated in another thread this same company allowed 1 million gallons of crude to be dumped in the Kalamazoo river in 2010.

If this thing burst, you are talking potentially ruining 90% of the US fresh water. NINETY percent. And as the West coast can tell you, water is as precious as oil.

Dont get me wrong, Whitmer is a turd, but there seems to be a legit gripe.

www.theguardian.com...

This study from 2015 shows that line 5 is NOT integral to Michigan with only 5% of the oil being used in-state...the rest goes to Canandian refineries.

forloveofwater.org...
edit on 16-5-2021 by lakenheath24 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2021 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Rest assured that she'll shut that pipeline no matter what the courts say, no matter the consequence by hook or by crook. This is how the Michigan good old boy network goes about business. The citizens quite literally be damned.

This is rather like Granholm and her "for the children" tax hike. Every democrat governor sends Michigan into a 1 state depression.

posted on May, 16 2021 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

WhyTF are democrats so hungry to destroy this country? Do they really think people will forget all of this and rely on the left to "fix" what they've destroyed? No f#ing wonder they support and cover for bLM's destruction.

Because realizing their dream of China 2.0 requires the destruction of the constitutional republic before they can "build back better".

Better for them, not for us.

posted on May, 16 2021 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24
Thanks for posting this, I was looking for some reading material from both sides of the argument, but it does make me curious about the timing. It sounds like this has been going on for a very long time. Why suddenly has Whitmer turned her attention to this? Why the hell wasn't this dealt with decades ago? Something is very amiss.

posted on May, 16 2021 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

My first guess is she is looking for a distraction, to her handling of the pandemic.

My second more conspiracy minded guess its her part for pushing the green new deal.

posted on May, 16 2021 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Well, politicians cant be geniuses and stupid at the same time, so I am guessing this is a power play to make her look good.

As far as a Green New Deal, I think that is wrong. AOC, author of said deal, just got poo-poo'd as the "least effective legislator" in Congress. So there is no deal, just rhetoric to keep the alt left semi-happy. Dems are as big a slave to the fortune 500 companies as the Repubs.

And this issue has gone through D and R governors.

And lest we forget....the Flint water crisis went through the same chain of governors. Lets face it....M"%&^ghan peeps aint to smart.

posted on May, 16 2021 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

My first guess is she is looking for a distraction, to her handling of the pandemic.

My second more conspiracy minded guess its her part for pushing the green new deal.

B I N G O
...Whitmer is the Disaster .....

DISTRACTION
Fighting for Survival
Cuomo has his sexipades as cover ... Diversion is a hallmark of crooks

Nursing Home Deaths

May 13, 2021 - MDHHS subpoenaed over handling of COVID-19 in nursing homes, long-term care facilities

“The Whitmer administration has throughout its handling of the COVID-19 pandemic proclaimed and defended its reliance on science and data as driving forces for decisions made in response to the coronavirus,” said Theis, R-Brighton. “Yet after multiple requests to DHHS over several months for information about those decisions and what informed them, the department has been less than forthcoming, to say the least. It is unfortunate that a subpoena is necessary for the people of Michigan to obtain information about a government it funds — and that supposedly works for them.”

The MDHHS is ordered to produce the requested documents by Thursday, May 27.

The subpoena is ordering the MDHHS to turn over the following:

its a heck of a list !

FOCUS
Its a MSM coordinated Judas goat story to bury and forget the crimes of her administration.
YMMV ... TIME will tell

edit on 5162021 by MetalThunder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2021 @ 09:06 AM
link   
One refinery doesn't just make gasoline, it strips valuable products from the raw product all throughout the refining process.

For ease of discussion, imagine if all the usable products from a refining process were put in a centrifuge. As they spin, they would stratify by mass. Each individual product would then be taken out of the flow stream separately to be used in other products or refined further in other procedures. By using this stripping process we can get all sorts of products out of the raw oil besides gasoline. In one popular opinion, you could say that gasoline is just a useful byproduct while the myriad of other products are the true goal of the refining process.

The most immediate effect of stopping the flow of oil into the US is always felt at the gas pumps. This is first due to gouging, then when the supply actually does run short, its due to demand. If the interruption lasts long enough the secondary fields will also experience that same gouging. That is when the full measure of impact will be felt and it will not be pretty.

It is simply not feasible for the US to quit fossil fuels cold turkey. The infrastructure for this is nowhere near sufficient to support the entire nation. Only a small fraction of people have electric cars. Sure, you can mandate electric cars and force people to buy them. But the electricity still has to come from somewhere and that won't happen without fossil fuel plants. Our solar, wind, water, and nuclear plants can not meet that demand. California has rolling brown outs now due to the fact that supply can not meet demand. Imagine how bad that would be if the entire state had electric cars charging all night long.

I refuse to believe even jo jo the idiot boy is stupid enough to think this is a good idea. This has to be an intentional attack on America and its people. We are being set up for something big...

posted on May, 16 2021 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Democrats getting paid big money to continue this Marxist bull# 😖😖

posted on May, 16 2021 @ 09:19 AM
link   
California has rolling blackouts for fear mongering and greed.
California literally has people defecating on the streets.
California is not a good example.
Yes something big is going to happen.
a reply to: Vroomfondel

edit on 16-5-2021 by CrazyFox because: ETA

posted on May, 16 2021 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
a reply to: shooterbrody

Indeed.

It really seems like the current people in the WH want the U.S. to go cold turkey.
They seem to have no clue as to how much we use oil, besides heating our homes and fueling our vehicles....and they appear to think those uses are evil.....

Almost like there's an ulterior motive ultimately behind it.

Of the globalists & their lackeys, those within the power structure see themselves as managing the decline of the U.S.

This looks like a "managed decline."
edit on 16-5-2021 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2021 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

originally posted by: LSU2018

WhyTF are democrats so hungry to destroy this country? Do they really think people will forget all of this and rely on the left to "fix" what they've destroyed? No f#ing wonder they support and cover for bLM's destruction.

Because realizing their dream of China 2.0 requires the destruction of the constitutional republic before they can "build back better".

Better for them, not for us.

The smart democrats saw this a long time ago and realized how it would effect them just as much and hightailed it out of that party. The rest aren't intelligent enough. If they notice it, it'll be too late.

posted on May, 16 2021 @ 10:55 AM
link   

From what I read, protections are in the works. Enbridge gave a timeline, Whitmer said it wasn't good enough, even after the state committed to the project.
As in, it's her way or no way.

BTW, maybe there is some confusion in what you read. The "tides" on the Great Lakes are less than 5 cm.
I doubt anyone or anything notices them.
oceanservice.noaa.gov...

posted on May, 16 2021 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Maybe provide a link to what you read then so we all can see?

From what I read, it's a lot of fuss over something that provides 5% to the state of M, and 95% to Canada as opposed to potentially wiping out Americas largest source of fresh water.

From my link it sounds like Enbridge are one in a long line of POS oil companies who put profits over the environment. Why hasn't the previous 8 governors sorted it? Why is it a prob now?

And you chose one point to contradict....what about the tug that smashed a dent in the pipe...then lied about it???????

posted on May, 16 2021 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Maybe not, but they do still drive them.

And, as has been said once already, it's not just gasoline. It's gasoline, diesel fuel, heating oil, airplane fuel, asphalt ingredients, plastics... all of that is about to be in very short supply. Without diesel fuel, it's going to get very hard (and very expensive) to transport anything into or out of the region. That means serious shortages on everything, not just oil products, and crazy inflation. Trucks don't run without fuel, and the area that will be affected will include a large enough area to ensure that a truck will have a limited range once there.

We can just go ahead and close O'Hare. Places don't fly without fuel, no matter how much one wants them to.

As much as I hate to say so, and everyone please forgive my apparent callousness as it is not intended that way, but perhaps this will actually be a good thing for the country as a whole in the long run. For some time, I have listened to people trying to claim that oil was the bane of mankind and even a few who want it outlawed. OK, looks like Michigan and the surrounding area are going to get to put all that rhetoric to the test. Let's see how well things work when there is no oil, no fossil fuels, no energy at all except those rays of sunshine. Michigan elected Governor Witless; now Michigan gets to reap the benefits of that decision. So does northern Ohio, Chicago Metro, Wisconsin... heck, the effects of this will probably be felt further than that.

I wonder who the politicians will try to blame when they have turned the place into their own version of hell on earth, aka "paradise"?

TheRedneck

posted on May, 16 2021 @ 11:28 AM
link   

With no pipeline, oil will have to come in on ships. Now, I ask you, which is safer for the environment: a pipeline which is stationary, or moving vessels?

The whole push for pipelines came about as an answer to preventing oil spills from tanker vessels. Pipelines are simply safer than tankers. I guess too few people remember Exxon-Valdez. Well, we still have the St. Lawrence and Great Lakes, so maybe we'll soon see some more nice pretty oil spills along there to remind everyone of why pipelines were promoted in the first place. Tanker traffic along that route is going to be amazing, almost like Atlanta during Friday Rush Hour. Ask anyone in Georgia how safe that is.

In the meantime, congratulations on your "win."

TheRedneck

posted on May, 16 2021 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Well, politicians cant be geniuses and stupid at the same time

Ding, Ding, Ding! We have a winner!

Governor Witless didn't become Governor Witless by being dumb. She is obviously smarter than at least half of the people in Michigan. No, this is about an agenda, and that agenda goes much farther than just the Upper Midwest. In 2017, the USA began seriously attempting to become energy sufficient for the first time since oil was discovered to be flammable. The result was lower fuel prices, not just nationally but globally, an economic resurgence due to lower shipping costs, downward economic pressure on Russia/Iran/Iraq/Syria (as well as OPEC), and less need to have US troops in the Middle East. Before that, the USA was dependent on Middle Eastern oil, which lowered supply globally and left us vulnerable to the whims of some pretty unstable countries, keeping our economy depressed and raising oil prices globally due to the lower supply.

Now we're going back to those days, and if it takes devastating an entire region of the US to get there, so be it. If it means more deaths of American soldiers who shouldn't be halfway around the globe in the first place, so be it.

I am not yet 100% convinced the recent pipeline closure was due to malware as we are told... no proof, but while it is possible it seems awfully convenient. That crack discovered on the I-40 bridge... has anyone seen pictures of it? That's a complete break in a large steel beam of A500 tube steel, and it didn't happen overnight. If memory serves (and I tend to think it does) that bridge felt a little rickety back when I was driving. Maybe it was just now found "officially"?

Someone wants us back in the Middle East, and they don't care who dies or how much is destroyed to get us there.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 16 2021 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

My "win"?? That sounds rather childish now doesnt it? It's called a debate for a reason. Aint no need to get salty.

So, can you provide stats for what M"$%ghan gets from line 5? My source said 5%.
You mentioned Chicago, but that is outside the scope of the OP. This is about the underwater stretch along the Macinac straight.

And as far as the safety of pipelines vs. ships I would argue that they both have faults...

Prudhoe Bay anyone? 500 leaks a year...
www.csmonitor.com...

The Niger delta in Africa??
www.amnesty.org...

Deepwater Horizon in the Gulf of Mexico??

Just trying to deny ignorance here, not going for a "win"....whatever that means.

posted on May, 16 2021 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

You want to devastate the Great Lakes??????? Did I interpret that correctly?

Are you mad? For a single pipeline that allegedly supplies 5% of oil to the UP?

And I served in the Mideast so please don't disparage my allegiance to the country. I am merely trying to uncover the truth of the situ here, not create some hyperbole.

posted on May, 16 2021 @ 12:04 PM
link   

It's not all about the oil.
There's natural gas, propane, jet fuel and industries that use oil to make other things.
www.detroitnews.com...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join