It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whitmer. Enbridge. Impending Disaster.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+34 more 
posted on May, 15 2021 @ 10:48 PM
link   
If even part of this is true...and please, if you can find that any of this is fiction, source it....
Michigan, much of Canada, Wisconsin, and Ohio will suffer hugely.
It will make Colonial look like a good thing.
www.breitbart.com...

The region would need 2,000 trucks a day continuously to make up for the severe shortage created by a voluntary shutdown of the pipeline.

Williams predicted there would be “an immediate consumer cost impact that will be severe and negative” if Whitmer is successful. Refineries could shut down altogether “fairly quickly” which would impact gasoline for drivers, diesel for trucks, jet fuel particularly for Detroit Metro airport, and propane for winter heat.

The refineries do not just produce fuel, he said, but also chemicals used to create everyday products such as hand sanitizer, N-95 masks, cellphone circuit boards, paints, and other manufactured products.

“There is no alternative for the transportation of fuel for Michiganders or Ohioans right now,” Williams argued.

Canada seems more aware of the calamity this will cause than Michigan and Ohio:
Business leaders join Canada in urging U.S. court to keep Line 5 operating

Canadian, U.S. chambers of commerce warn in legal brief of dire consequences if Michigan shuts down pipeline
[...]
The so-called "chambers brief" followed a similar filing Tuesday by the federal Liberal government — a rare international foray into U.S. legal proceedings that urged the court to keep the pipeline running and called on the two sides to reach a settlement.

Lawyers for the Canadian government argue that turning off the taps would cause significant damage to Canada's economy and energy security, and would threaten the bilateral relationship between the two nations.

Enbridge CEO warns of Line 5 shut down: ‘bad things’ will happen

The federal Liberal government is pushing back against the order and considering taking action under the 1977 Transit Pipelines Treaty with the United States that allows for the uninterrupted flow of energy between the two countries.

Canada, unions, business groups warn of international consequences of Line 5 shutdown

In an amicus brief filed Tuesday, the Chamber of Commerce of the United States of America, the Canadian Chamber of Commerce, and affiliate chambers in Michigan and Ohio, as well as the Wisconsin Manufacturers & Commerce, expressed support for Enbridge and the dual pipeline.

Other entities filing amicus briefs in support of the pipeline include the government of Canada; attorneys general of Ohio and Louisiana; and North America’s Building Trades Unions (NABTU) and the United Steelworkers of America, AFL-CIO.

The groups also warned an involuntary shutdown of Line 5 due to the governor’s order and lawsuits filed against Enbridge by Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel could nullify an agreement between the state and the company to replace the pipeline with a tunnel 100 feet beneath the lake bed. That $500 million project, currently undergoing the permitting process with state regulatory agencies, would be funded entirely by Enbridge.

Ms. Whitmer has gone too far this time.
She needs to be reined in, before calamity hits.

edit on Sat May 15 2021 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

additional link, which also appears in a later post
www.detroitnews.com...
edit on Sun May 16 2021 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

+22 more 
posted on May, 15 2021 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe
Interesting situation.
Also interesting that fossil fuels keep making the headlines.
Almost as if by design.

+18 more 
posted on May, 15 2021 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Let's see, Biden stopped the keystone pipeline and Whitmer stopped the Enbridge pipeline. So...We just stopped the flow of Canadian oils and gas through our country which is in violation of a treaty we signed with Canada so we could put the Trans-alaska pipeline in place without fearing Canada would shut it down in their country. What will stop Canada from stopping the oil flowing through that pipeline. The Democrats want Americans and Canadians to suffer unjustly.

+4 more 
posted on May, 15 2021 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Indeed.

It really seems like the current people in the WH want the U.S. to go cold turkey.
They seem to have no clue as to how much we use oil, besides heating our homes and fueling our vehicles....and they appear to think those uses are evil.....

+9 more 
posted on May, 15 2021 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Or China wants Canada to simply ship all their tar sands oil overseas to be processed.

+2 more 
posted on May, 15 2021 @ 11:04 PM
link   
As the US military is the largest single consumer of fossel fuel on the planet, could this be considered a threat to national security? I don't think mere state governors have anything to do with international treaties.

posted on May, 15 2021 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge

You'd think that would be a given, a mere governor interfering with international treaties.
She even tried to get her AG to keep the matter in state court!?!?!!?!?

+10 more 
posted on May, 15 2021 @ 11:32 PM
link   
It's a little worse than just one pipeline. The I-40 bridge across the Mississippi is also closed. What does that have to do with Michigan? Everything, now.

The Mississippi is a natural version of a "pipeline"... it allows two-way traffic north to south. Texas and Louisiana ship oil and fuels up the river, while the Midwest ships grain and foods down the river. That natural "pipeline" is now down at Memphis, TN, due to the closure of I-40. It didn't just close off a highway route, but also the river under it.

Michigan now will have no good network to obtain fuel. Everyone thought the recent pipeline closure to the Southeast was bad? Hahahaha... you ain't seen nothing yet if this passes muster. I suggest someone up there start manufacturing horse-drawn buggies, as there will soon be a thriving market. Make sure to include a face mask holder.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 15 2021 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I don’t think a car has been made in Detroit in a long, long time....1950’s maybe.

posted on May, 15 2021 @ 11:47 PM
link   

If lack of transport doesn't get people out marching in the streets, nothing will.

Are you a protest or an amateurtest?

Worst joke ever. Sorry.

posted on May, 15 2021 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: 19Bones79
Yeah, totally Not a laughing matter.

Not just transportation.
That pipeline also moved natural gas.
IIRC, that gas is used to make electricity.

+14 more 
posted on May, 15 2021 @ 11:52 PM
link   

The left is doing this on purpose.

Makes me skeptical about Russia and Colonial.

posted on May, 15 2021 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Meh...
It's just a coincidence, right....???

posted on May, 15 2021 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I live in the North Woods.

As far as I know, Folks up here are very careful about using chemicals in our homes.

I have run into a few folks who are worried about the Great Lakes.

Their fear is, as you have stated, poisoning of the Great Lakes.

It has been a fear for a long time.

I hope and am confident that "THEY" have this situation covered.

The question is...... How much time and consideration have they taken.

Seems like some things have been put on the back burner.

I agree with WHITmer. We need to be concerned.

You guys are looking at it the right way too.

BUT!!! what would happen if "THE GREAT LAKES" were compromized?

WHAT THEN?

posted on May, 16 2021 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Are there any protests happening or being planned?

Like you say, this is serious.

posted on May, 16 2021 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

The left is doing this on purpose.

Makes me skeptical about Russia and Colonial.

Ya Know.

Sometimes you make sense.

But others times....

Be Off to the next conversation. Keep on keepng on.

+5 more 
posted on May, 16 2021 @ 12:17 AM
link   

I don't understand you people. I understand what they're doing
exactly. But for anyone to keep referring to these rulers as
incompetent. Or claiming it's ALMOST by design?

You have to be joking!

Why are you all so afraid to say it? These people know exactly
what they're doing. They're all following a plan to take this world
apart. And save a few unlucky people for slaves maybe.

We're under attack and there isn't anything we can do about it.
They're just using different weapons. Disease, starvation, murder,
I bet they do it in a way that even has us bury the dead along the
way so there's less mess at the end.

You know it's coming. Grow a pair and say it like it is.
edit on 16-5-2021 by Randyvine because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on May, 16 2021 @ 12:26 AM
link   

WhyTF are democrats so hungry to destroy this country? Do they really think people will forget all of this and rely on the left to "fix" what they've destroyed? No f#ing wonder they support and cover for bLM's destruction.

posted on May, 16 2021 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Green New Deal....shoved down our throats//a reply to: shooterbrody

posted on May, 16 2021 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Bingo....I try telling it like it is but many just want to pontificate/a reply to: Randyvine

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join