It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Medical marijuana no longer coming to Mississippi: What you need to know

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2021 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: CrazyBlueCat

Sorry to hear this.

They looked for a technicality to quash the will of the people, they could have easily allowed MM. The biggest issue with Mississippi is it's radical Christian influence on politics and law.

The Supreme Court is there for last line interpretation of the law, and this regardless of the legal technicality could have been allowed. It's more about backward thinking, and rigidity in obscure statutes than allowing something useful for medical purposes to be allowed for use.

posted on May, 15 2021 @ 07:19 AM
link   
never heard of a single reasonable argument why it should be illegal.
Legalize it, regulate it, tax it. pretty simple.
I can't even blame the old folks now (I could when I was a young lad...50s propaganda brainwashing).

This is becoming less and less likely of just sheer ignorance and brainwashing and more clear corruption

posted on May, 15 2021 @ 07:46 AM
link   

That is sad, it should be legal everywhere. I used to be a weed smoker, and let me just say it's an awesome pain killer! I had gotten Bunion foot repair because were a hot mess, I still need my other foot done. I had my husband make me joint everyday for the first 3 weeks, and probably more.

Anyway, i got home that day of the surgery felt loopy because thye gave me pain meds and i literally slept on and off all day. My husband asked me that night if i wanted weed, I declined which was dumb and said i have the pain killers they gave me. i should have smoked the weed. That night around 2-3am my foot was on fire, i am talking pain, pain, pain. I somehow got out of bed, used my crutches to the stairs and sat down and sat all the way down my stairs. Got to my couch and proceeded to cry all night.

The next morning before my husband left for work I asked him to please roll me a joint and yep, it worked, and i threw away my pain meds because they didn't even work when i needed them. I am glad Maine made weed legal in that state. It was the only positive thing they did. LOL

posted on May, 15 2021 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Back when they tarred and feathered politicians and rode them out of town on a rail?

Just last night, CBS news did a story on all the politicians that get harassed and receive empty death threats. That story kinda says that the politicians wouldn’t want people to go back to doing things to express disappointment or anger.

posted on May, 15 2021 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

Thinking the Pharmaceutical lobby has far more sway than the church lobby. Appears that MS Scotus went way out of their way to find a technicality to prevent Mississippi's citizens from voting on MM. Pharma has the most to lose followed by enforcement agencies fines, penalties, release program fees and court fees etcetera ad infimum amounting to employment programs for government workers with sweet benefit packages. Its obvious the Mayor named in the suit want to make special zoning districts which either benefit extra tax income or control access in benefit of cronies.

posted on May, 15 2021 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter

originally posted by: CrazyBlueCat

If you think weed helps with depression I have some bad news for you.

What’s your bad news? Did it not work for you? I know everyone’s chemistry is different. Some people react well with pharmaceuticals but my chemistry did not.

I find that weed causes laziness and depression.

I'd like to introduce you to my fully spring-cleaning purged, and reorganized garage and basement made possible by Sativa, then. An Indica would couchlock ya, so duh, avoid the downer bud variant & opt for the high focus one if you've got mental problems. If it doesn't do well for you, then it doesn't do well for you -- hang it up and move on. Kinda like how many folks like a couple of stiff drinks to loosen up and relax -- I really am not fond of booze much because it makes me feel like # before the damn buzz hits. Thus, I just don't drink much, if at all, and avoid that bad downside entirely. Wee, personal awareness and responsibility, who knew!

posted on May, 15 2021 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I had 7 siblings, I am the only pothead of all 7. I am also the only one in the family who has never suffered with depression. I have been smoking for 51 years. I am a happy, upbeat people person.

If you think weed helps with depression I have some bad news for you.

posted on May, 15 2021 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phoenix
a reply to: Realtruth

Thinking the Pharmaceutical lobby has far more sway than the church lobby. Appears that MS Scotus went way out of their way to find a technicality to prevent Mississippi's citizens from voting on MM. Pharma has the most to lose followed by enforcement agencies fines, penalties, release program fees and court fees etcetera ad infimum amounting to employment programs for government workers with sweet benefit packages. Its obvious the Mayor named in the suit want to make special zoning districts which either benefit extra tax income or control access in benefit of cronies.

If that were the case Michigan would have never passed legal Cannabis for medical and recreational purposes. Pfzier is well established here, and a few other large medical conglomerates. Michigan has counties now decriminalizing even entheogenic plants for personal use.

I'm sticking with radical religions and old archaic MO's that are ingrained in the bible-belt.

posted on May, 15 2021 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Cant buy Medical Marijuana but you can still can buy cigarettes and alcohol!!!???

Canny stir that kind of hypocritic mince up if we tried really. LoL

If its any consolation, our full nation is in a similar predicament over here .

posted on May, 15 2021 @ 09:57 AM
link   

I find that weed causes laziness and depression.
a reply to: Tempter

I’m sure most potheads can relate. But foe those that use it recreationally like on a golf outing or a night out like drinking then I find it hard that random use cause laziness. I’d speak from personal experience but I believe that’s banned from ATS.

posted on May, 15 2021 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Mississippi court upholds life sentence for pot possession www.panolian.com...

I don't think this is the religious lobby or the Pharmaceutical lobby. It's about the for profit prison lobby.

posted on May, 15 2021 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
Mississippi court upholds life sentence for pot possession www.panolian.com...

I don't think this is the religious lobby or the Pharmaceutical lobby. It's about the for profit prison lobby.

Agreed! never thought of that angle here, but if it's the Real Truth it would be an extremely disturbing situation at that high of a court level. The private for profit prison systems are feeling a squeeze these days.

posted on May, 15 2021 @ 10:28 AM
link   

With the things you suffer from, psilocybin or ketamine micro dosing has been shown to be really effective. I am not sure how THC would help other than anxiety.

posted on May, 15 2021 @ 11:27 AM
link   
TBI recipient here. CBD Works wonders if you do not want to feel loopy.
I tend to be more productive either way and my job performance is as well.
I have multiple qualifiers but my doctor refused to sign a form stating I had them. Big P still in control in IL luckily it is legal recreationally (higher taxes)

posted on May, 15 2021 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I have 2 general comments on this topic:

- Free people don't ask permission to be free. All the legal markets do is add on tax cost, and that goes with anything. Illegal guns are far cheaper than a legal sale.
- What does Mississippi plan to do about their state government dictating to them what they will and will not vote on?

posted on May, 15 2021 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Well...so far living here in Vegas I have actually paid less for cannabis than I ever did one the blackmarket unless I was buying multiple pounds of it in the blackmarket. Its also nice knowing the product is lab tested and mold free.

I never cared that it was illegal in places I've lived and still used it but its leaps and bounds better when it is legal and I think everyone should have the opportunity to have the benefit of regulated quality product.

posted on May, 15 2021 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD

Well...so far living here in Vegas I have actually paid less for cannabis than I ever did one the blackmarket unless I was buying multiple pounds of it in the blackmarket. Its also nice knowing the product is lab tested and mold free.

I never cared that it was illegal in places I've lived and still used it but its leaps and bounds better when it is legal and I think everyone should have the opportunity to have the benefit of regulated quality product.

I don't disagree with anything you say. Only continue to assert that if a tyrannical government tells me "No", I feel completely comfortable telling myself "Yes".

I used to argue against drug testing for employment. As time went on, drug testing became less and less common. I believe that all drug testing does is tell you who is stupid enough to fail a drug test. I also believe that a criminal background check tells you more. I could care less about someone who smokes pot. I DO care about someone who smokes pot with 10 misdemeanor convictions being a moron who can't learn from their own mistakes.

posted on May, 15 2021 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Solid logic...can't even begin to tell you how many screenings I've had to pass. If you can't figure it out...like you said you probably aren't very smart. And no one should ever relent to tyranny, but sometimes the consequence for some may outweigh the principals.

posted on May, 19 2021 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Some things are still happening with this. There’s a rally in Jackson, MS on the 25th of May. The rally is for folks that are for medical marijuana. They are a group called we are the 74 since 74% of voters voted for this initiative in nov of 2020. I was one of those voters.
I’m not sure I’ll be able to attend this but I’m glad someone organized it.
[url=http:mississippitoday.org... ssippi+Today+Supporters&utm_campaign=19088ba81f-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2019_06_26_02_25_COPY_01&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_2ac1d8600e-19088ba81f-169012338&mc _cid=19088ba81f&mc_eid=eefc50d423[/url]

I’m still trying to figure out how to post an article correctly. Bare with me if it’s not being shown. I’ll figure it out.

From article :

Many lawmakers and other public officials, including House Speaker Philip Gunn, are calling on Gov. Tate Reeves to bring lawmakers back to Jackson in special session to deal with reinstating voters’ ballot initiative rights, reinstating a medical marijuana program, or both. Reeves has not said definitively when, or if, he would call lawmakers back.

edit on 04/30/2021 by CrazyBlueCat because: I might just leave it not cleaned up. Still looking

edit on 04/30/2021 by CrazyBlueCat because: (no reason given)

edit on 04/30/2021 by CrazyBlueCat because: Still adding and trying to take away

posted on Jul, 12 2021 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I believe I read somewhere, and this was around ten years ago, that since the 80s until then Anheuser-Busch had lobbied over 8 billion dollars to keep mary jane illegal.

I'd be pissed if I was a beer drinker, think about how cheap beer could be without the bribery, I mean lobbying, and all the money spent on ads.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join