It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remembering the Dead

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2021 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

originally posted by: KansasGirl
The flu is more deadly than covid-19.

Got numbers to back that up?

The Spanish Flu killed around 3% of the world’s population. Covid has killed around .03%.

The Spanish Flu was 100X worse than Covid at this point.

posted on May, 14 2021 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Even though those numbers are way inflated, yes rest in peace to them, always.
What I don't get is when people count and care about every death when it comes to covid, but when it comes to the vaccinated people that have died or been severely injured, it's always not given the same emotional response. They also ask "well did they have underlying conditions? Maybe they died because of it, not the vax." But when it comes to covid, it's always "the virus killed them 100%"
There was a doctor or scientist can't remember exactly that said something along the lines of "well maybe it was their time to go anyway, just because they died directly after doesnt mean the vaccine caused it." Im not quoting him directly but he literally said a very similar sentence. That's a great argument for maybe 2-5 people. It does not work when it's thousands.
One of the many reasons why this whole vaccine ordeal is very shady.

posted on May, 14 2021 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: NorthOfStuff
The Spanish Flu killed around 3% of the world’s population. Covid has killed around .03%.

The Spanish Flu was 100X worse than Covid at this point.

Kansasgirl didn't specify the spanish flu. She said "the flu" probably talking about the tens of thousands "estimated" each year in the US, which doesn't even come close to the covid numbers.

Also, OP said part of the inspiration for this thread was the spanish flu so there is that.

posted on May, 14 2021 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

originally posted by: panoz77
a reply to: LordAhriman

Murderer, you can still get and transmit COVID. For shame.

The vaccines drastically reduce virus shedding. Next

But they don't eliminate it. Try again killer.

posted on May, 15 2021 @ 01:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Even if you only believe the numbers are half what's reported, it still matches the number of US dead in the Vietnam War.

The Vietnam Conflict Extract Data File of the Defense Casualty Analysis System (DCAS) Extract Files contains records of 58,220 U.S. military fatal casualties of the Vietnam War.

www.archives.gov...

You may be confusing the U.S. losses with the figure you quote for U.S. and Allied losses.

Cheers

posted on May, 15 2021 @ 02:45 AM
link   

"The vaccines drastically reduce virus shedding. Next"

So that's what is happening in Seychelles??

posted on May, 15 2021 @ 02:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Sucellus

No. More likely that the Sinopharm is not as effective as others and that the vaccination rate is not yet high enough to reduce the transmission rate.

“Less than half of the population is protected by the vaccine,” Huang Bouey said. “It is still far below the community-level protection requirement.”
www.washingtonpost.com...

But while case numbers are relatively high, severe illness does not seem to be showing up.

edit on 5/15/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2021 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

The latest official numbers just in the US stand at 584,510. Whether you believe that number or not, this thing has taken a huge number of lives.

Cancer takes a huge number of lives. (and those numbers ARE NOT inflated)
Where is the prevention and/or cure for that ? (the French developed one helluva effective one in the early 70s) .

What about folks that have a very effective immune system , and a "not-vaccination" would destroy that ?

Apples and oranges. Cancer is not a communicable disease.

posted on May, 15 2021 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

You're right. I made an error.

My point however is that people need to remember just how deadly this thing has been no matter the cause.

posted on May, 15 2021 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Randyvine

It's so hard to take it seriously because even the numbers you
used can't be taken seriously. But I get what you're doing here
and how an unknown true number have died. I would feel better
about your effort if you also mentioned deaths from the vaccine
itself.

I don't actually buy into the more out-there conspiracy theories about the vaccine deaths.

I don't buy into any of the grand conspiracies where entire professional disciplines would have to be in on it. They take away from the much smaller conspiracies that might actual have some meat on the bones.

posted on May, 15 2021 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Yes, definitely a good thing to honor the dead regardless.

Most people didnt care until they were told to.. But despite that being a little irksome, the end result could end up as beneficial. Not so sure it actually will happen that way, but the possibility is there.

I think the frustration a lot of us have is that many of these issues, up to and including deaths, were entirely preventable. Not just in regards to SARS-CoV-2 & covid, but in much broader, more general terms.

Which, of course, if its not solely, explicitly, & specifically about covid ..particularly in the context of lockdowns, masks, and vaccines.. folks dont really care. Its actively derided and dismissed. We are told to care, but only in a certain framework and that goes beyond a single pathogen.

It is indeed frustrating to witness preventable suffering and even death, but that doesnt necessarily minimize the loss/struggle itself either. It can be easy to forget that.

posted on May, 15 2021 @ 05:23 PM
link   

That's fine but the only reason you think it's CT is because
it happened on live TV. And that caused a knee jerk cover up
because the experiment was just starting. I worry more about
how the buzz words "Conspiracy theory" are used to hide the
truth. When the power of the media is just to slap that label
on the truth and walk away. And that's all they did besides offer
a video that actually did look like a hoax.

Any way you should've remembered deaths from the vaccine
as well. They are just as dead only because of the gov.
conspiracy to scare the hell out of everyone. And get half of us
to take it. And instead of shutting the f$#k up about it they
hang a carrot on the line. And are slowly working up to
mandatory. I could go on but.

Pretty God damn sick if you ask me. From azzhole to tea kettle.

We were lucky it wasn't as deadly as they were hoping it would be.

But they're likely still spreading it around.

edit on 15-5-2021 by Randyvine because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2021 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

The latest official numbers just in the US stand at 584,510. Whether you believe that number or not, this thing has taken a huge number of lives.

Where is the prevention and/or cure for that ? (the French developed one helluva effective one in the early 70s) .

What about folks that have a very effective immune system , and a "not-vaccination" would destroy that ?

It is genetic , though .
Are you saying that no one dies from cancer ?
Or , are you saying it is not as bad ?
Look at the numbers.
Covid - `99% survival .
Cancer - a lot less , depending .
edit on 5/15/21 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/15/21 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2021 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

I'm saying it's not the topic of this thread. The pandemic is. Cancer is a horrible disease, but it's simply not on topic in this thread.

posted on May, 15 2021 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

Many forms of cancer can be caused by viruses, you're, as Trump would say "WRONG".

posted on May, 15 2021 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: panoz77

This is a thread about the deaths related to the Covid 19 virus. I should know, I posted it. Please stay on topic.

If you would like to discuss cancer, start a thread on it.
It's not rocket science.

posted on May, 15 2021 @ 07:00 PM
link   

I've been vocal about this covid issue from the onset.

I've been at ground zero of this thing since it started. Probably had it twice, three times, who knows.

Seen people die.

Have had family members die. Underlying conditions.

We remember the deaths of loved ones and move on.

Do we honor the dead by hiding behind masks, obeying government mandates, hiding in our homes?

Or do we honor the dead by living loud, living large, and living our best life possible?

posted on May, 15 2021 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Then stop posting false information.

posted on May, 16 2021 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Even if we believe the numbers are half you say!? Hiw do you say that and feel you are making even a fractionally reasonable point when the United States answer to having no method of contact tracing in place, that the official count for COVID infections and deaths, a disease nobody has ever seen which has no known way to text for it in a person, and clarifying cause of death means the person possibly had the infection sometime near his or her death or not long before it and by had the infection officially that means had any of the hundred listed symptoms within a few months of his or her death so sniffles, died from covid, hadn't she mentioned feeling a sense of malaise not too long back, COVID killed her. Drove off a cliff because a sneezenckosedbhisneyes as a sharp turn to miss the fall came closer, or the 18 people, all 18, shot in a day of drive bys in Chicago last year, all killed by COVID. But people keep forgetting it's that no contact tracing plan which really did something to the numbers. Because we had no CT plans, they decided to go with a worst case acenario. They decided every infected person would have an opportunity to spread it to about 18 people before symptoms hit. So the policy has been that each one case of COVID infection or death from COVID has been recorded as 18. So we didn't count 1, 2, 3, 4 but according to them, 18, 36, 54, 72, 90, 108, 126, 144, and so on. There's no believing the numbers in fact, even if off by half three or four times you still fail to come anywhere near the actual number because what people just can't seem to accept or make sense of even though it was said from day one, even ignoring the planned event 201 and all for now, even in real life they said this would be a good chance to run this as a simulation so we would know how it would be in a real serious pandemic. I'm telling you, it's nearly entirely a simulation and one that made the rich so much richer and crushed any little pesky competition sprouting anywhere forever more for those who rule the world and even took money from the coffers of all the nations so rich business people could make sure they're good for the fall and won't be dragged down to our filthy class, make sure friends and family a certain thing too, and even renovate and rebuild the infrastructure of their properties all cuz of some sickness...a sickness which brought them up to date at the heads of their industries and wiped out any reason for actual competitive pricing or marketing. Simulation which turned the average simpleton or moron into a zero sense of reason imbecile and monkey follower and a simulation which used real life American dollars as play money on a board with a spinner with one big segment, do what you want we will legislate it in somewhere, and no losing move unless last game u invited that mean boy with orange hair to play and he beat the game so quickly! Then it's revenge time.

posted on May, 16 2021 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: AlexandrosTheGreat
Probably because his point isn't about any of that.

It is about recognizing that there are people who have had loved ones diagnosed, treated and who didn't survive and that to them all your theories about this being fake, a simulation or whatever doesn't amount to a hill of beans.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join