It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you obey. . . you will be allowed your freedom

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+47 more 
posted on May, 14 2021 @ 02:52 PM
link   
If you obey the urgings of state, local, federal government to get a vaccination, they will allow you to have some of your freedoms.

If you do not obey, then you aren't allowed to have the same freedoms as those who have obeyed.

How is obedience to government in any way. . freedom?

I'll caveat that this is not true in all states.

But what sickens me is the idea that our freedoms and rights are properties of government to issue or not as they see fit.

Government can never take our freedoms and rights, we have to cede them because they were never governments property to begin with.

But that narrative has changed. The vast majority (?) perhaps now feel and think that government can arbitrarily remove our freedoms and rights as they see fit.

I and many others like me cannot physically take the vaccine. So we cannot have the same freedoms and rights as those who chose the vaccine based on physical characteristics.

This is not normal.
This cannot ever be normal.
I refuse to accept this.

But I'm not sure what can be done.

+5 more 
posted on May, 14 2021 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Government can never take our freedoms and rights, we have to cede them because they were never governments property to begin with.

They can, have, and will continue to. All they had to do was create an anesthetized, narcissistic, soy-loving generation of people that value media and technology over real things, like their family and neighbors.

We are locked inside the gilded cage that we let Gov corral us into, and we are effin' loving it!

edit on 14-5-2021 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on May, 14 2021 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Well said mate, here's the most relevant quote I've found.

"Secrecy is the keystone to all tyranny. Not force, but secrecy and censorship. When any government or church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives.

Mighty little force is needed to control a man who has been hoodwinked in this fashion; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, whose mind is free. No, not the rack nor the atomic bomb, not anything. You can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him."

Robert A Heinlein - If This Goes On, 1940

And the most relevant pic

+8 more 
posted on May, 14 2021 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I've just been refusing to comply. It has only limited my purchasing power once so far, and it was just something I wanted, not something I needed.
IDK, maybe someday, I will end up in Jail, for refusing to comply.

But that is kind of the point, right? Being willing to do so, for your freedom?

I don't know what else to do.

Maybe a protest? I mean, insurrection? LOL

posted on May, 14 2021 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

I am going to wait and see. I am not ready to give up on the American people just yet.

Last week I stopped off at the grocery store in a very affluent area, on my way home. I entered the store and shopped for about twenty minutes and was checking out, when I realized I didn't have on my mask. No one in the store looked at me odd, or said anything. So I am hoping it will not be a big deal around here.

The only problem was that I was that I had on a my work shirt with the State logo. I have not heard anything yet from work, so I might be okay.

+13 more 
posted on May, 14 2021 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

When anyone protests the current government, it's insurrection, treason.

+8 more 
posted on May, 14 2021 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Amen DBC. I saw a headline from my local newspaper (online) that was something like "CDC says it is now permissible to not wear a mask in public for immunized people unless it is a close contact situation".

The comments to the article were mostly OMG I'll still wear mine because I'm a good person.

These days I catch myself thinking I'm so glad I'm old and might not be around to see how this works out.

posted on May, 14 2021 @ 03:11 PM
link   
You're too late. You're on the slippery slope, you can either try to stay still or you go down the hole.
Freedoms and rights are only an illusion, you've never had any control over them. You think you do, but you don't. The government can take what they want because they've got a bigger gang than you. Don't believe me? Ask the native Americans about their freedoms and rights?
People believed like you in Russia after the revolution, they soon learned otherwise.
People believed like you in Germany in the mid 1900s, they soon learned otherwise.
People in China etc. etc. etc. have you got the message yet. You have NO control because the USA is going down the exact same route and as long as they've got the backing of the police and forces the ordinary man in the street (like you) could not even organise a minor uprising. Please don't give the BLM type people as an example as they are being allowed to do what they do because if the PTB wanted to they could shut tight any city/ state they wanted to.

posted on May, 14 2021 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: karl 12

no amount of force can control a free man, whose mind is free.

Yet a man that thinks his mind is free, because he freely chose to lock it inside of that glided cage, is more of a slave than the man that entered the cage freely, but under coercion.

For both, they sacrificed their freedom the moment they entered that cage, even before they turned that key.

posted on May, 14 2021 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: REDMORGAN
Amen DBC. I saw a headline from my local newspaper (online) that was something like "CDC says it is now permissible to not wear a mask in public for immunized people unless it is a close contact situation".

The comments to the article were mostly OMG I'll still wear mine because I'm a good person.

These days I catch myself thinking I'm so glad I'm old and might not be around to see how this works out.

We share a similar sentiment.

One good thing about all of this is it has made me very pleased to be at the stage where my time is short.

posted on May, 14 2021 @ 03:30 PM
link   

The only thing the government takes from me is a good chunk of my pay. That's ALL I will allow them to take from me.

posted on May, 14 2021 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Yes well aware of that quote.

What's the gilded cage in this context?

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

One good thing about all of this is it has made me very pleased to be at the stage where my time is short.

Do you actually realise how that sounds?

posted on May, 14 2021 @ 03:36 PM
link   

What can be done?

You not I not even we can do anything about it.

Not this time around pal. So keep that clearly in mind.

And realize who can do something about it.

Their wickedness will not stand.

It's gonna be really cool to watch the next few years.

posted on May, 14 2021 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: karl 12

Yes well aware of that quote.

What's the gilded cage in this context?

The gilded cage reference was in response to NarcolepticBuddha's post.

They can, have, and will continue to. All they had to do was create an anesthetized, narcissistic, soy-loving generation of people that value media and technology over real things, like their family and neighbors. We are locked inside the gilded cage that we let Gov corral us into, and we are effin' loving it!

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Do you actually realise how that sounds?

It was meant to sound like I am an old lady that has lived, and I am ready to go, when it is my time, without fear.

I am wise enough to know that each generation goes through the stage where they are considered more nuisance than valuable. I am tired and ready to pass the baton. I do so with few regrets and I am happy to do it.

posted on May, 14 2021 @ 04:23 PM
link   

In your own wise words shut up and watch it

posted on May, 14 2021 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene

In your own wise words shut up and watch it

Nah.

I'm a mouthy bastard.

posted on May, 14 2021 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Ask your doctor for this "Prescription I.D. Patch" today and stop resisting and repelling !!

posted on May, 14 2021 @ 04:32 PM
link   

The convoluted CDC Director acted like she was "freeing slaves", when announcing we could take off our masks, if we've been vaccinated.

I don't think for most Americans, wearing a mask during 30 minute shopping trips is (was) a big deal.

I was on a 5 hour plane ride 2 weeks ago, and most people weren't wearing their masks after the first 1/2 hour.

The idiots in the Biden Admin will never understand the mental thought-patterns of Americans who understand our heritage.

posted on May, 14 2021 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy The vast majority (?) perhaps now feel and think that government can arbitrarily remove our freedoms and rights as they see fit.

not only can, but should.

posted on May, 14 2021 @ 04:47 PM
link   

If only there weren't that many buffets to stuff your mouth

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join