It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

is the media bias real, or just another "vast right wing conspiracy?"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2021 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: network dude

The 'media' is mostly people who often aren't as smart as they think they are and of course they are part of a group where a certain attitude is expected by their peers, that's the bias we see.

The bs conspiracy is that it would all be one concerted effort. Dumb people write stupid things without anybody having to tell them to be stupid.
Social control is effective with a feedback effect, no master mind with whip required.
This doesn't explain different "news channels",repeating the same stories and buzzwords,almost verbatim.

posted on May, 13 2021 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Peeple

Right wing media is just as dumb if you're not 'fertile ground' ie want to hear what they tell you.

Could be very true, but the liberal media is vastly larger. We could say that Fox is #1, but that doesn't even dent the numbers the liberal #2 though #40 combine hit... Social media is even worse...

A couple of years ago i might have agreed with you however 2 new networks jumped in. You now have One America News Network and newsmax. In fact I just read a story on One America News Network because Biden dodged the question if the 4 million ransom was paid to the hackers.

posted on May, 13 2021 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene
It was always propaganda, but implemented in a much more subtle way, it seems as of late there is some haste in getting the talking points out and therefore obvious errors are made...
People get suspicious when they witness these errors...

I wonder what has happend in the last 5 years that the news are so desperately trying to steer the narrative that they get so heedles and keep stumbling over their own net of lies...

That's because propaganda used to be illegal until Obama made it legal. He laid the groundwork for Wokeness in this country. Democrats and Republican top leaders are all in the same club. The only one that was not playing their game and yet another lawyer that became president was Trump.

EDIT: It has been a while since i have been active on ATS and i screwed up the YT link, how did that work again?
edit on America/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoThu, 13 May 2021 16:43:38 -05002120215America/Chicago by everyone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2021 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Their bias is a real thing, however, I think a lot of the media have convinced themselves that they aren’t.

Case in point...

mobile.twitter.com...

posted on May, 13 2021 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Of course the MSM is pro Democrat and pro NWO.

Anything that appears otherwise is scripted controlled opposition 😃

posted on May, 13 2021 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: everyone

It was always propaganda, but implemented in a much more subtle way, it seems as of late there is some haste in getting the talking points out and therefore obvious errors are made...

I wonder what has happend in the last 5 years that the news are so desperately trying to steer the narrative that they get so heedles and keep stumbling over their own net of lies...

That's because propaganda used to be illegal until Obama made it legal. He laid the groundwork for Wokeness in this country. Democrats and Republican top leaders are all in the same club. The only one that was not playing their game and yet another lawyer that became president was Trump.

EDIT: It has been a while since i have been active on ATS and i screwed up the YT link, how did that work again?

posted on May, 13 2021 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: everyone

I don't recall propaganda ever being illegal. It did change labels after the First World War though. The father of "peace time propaganda" aka Public Relations, was Edward Bernays. He is the nephew of Sigmund Freud. He also put into play, the theories of human behavior developed by his uncle and sold the persuasive ways to corporate America (and then the world) so we could all belive that we needed to buy stuff that we didn't actually need, generally with money we didn't have. It's not a far leap that this was also implemented in all aspects of government too.

I'd post the YouTube video here, but I'm on mobile and I guess ATS still hasn't found a way to make that happen. So, here's a link to a pretty interesting documentary on the topic of propaganda. The first of the 4 hours is all about Edward Bernays.

The Century of The Self
edit on thppmThu, 13 May 2021 18:00:54 -0500k2105America/Chicago1300 by Sparkymedic because: Typos

posted on May, 13 2021 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Thank God for Alex Jones, Fox news and Qanon to keep us informed of the real truth.

posted on May, 13 2021 @ 06:34 PM
link   
PROJECT MOCKINGBIRD....PROJECT MOCKINGBIRD...PROJECT MOCKINGBIRD...PROJECT MOCKINGBIRD...PROJECT MOCKINGBIRD...PROJECT MOCKINGBIRD.....a reply to: network dude

posted on May, 13 2021 @ 06:58 PM
link   

The go to response is always "but FOX".

Always makes me chuckle because MSM is MSM, no matter what flavor they masquarade as...

posted on May, 13 2021 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Thank God for Alex Jones, Fox news and Qanon to keep us informed of the real truth.

Zomg!

What a Zinger!

I rest my case...

posted on May, 13 2021 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

A couple of years ago i might have agreed with you however 2 new networks jumped in. You now have One America News Network and newsmax. In fact I just read a story on One America News Network because Biden dodged the question if the 4 million ransom was paid to the hackers.

IDK the left is extremely powerful and they drive the narratives, they won the election based on that mostly. The right plays backup to them.

posted on May, 13 2021 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Taxes, entire families tax returns Jim too.
Fair is fair, birth certificate too.
Am I the only one who sees the comparison between the Bluth Family and the Biden family?
a reply to: shooterbrody

(post by MykeNukem removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 13 2021 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I think the midea is treating Biden as they did every president before him ... except Trump whom they had a vendetta against since he chose to make their corruption a centerpiece of his campaigning. You can't make exposing the media's corruption part of your campaigning and not except them to retaliate... its human nature.
edit on 13-5-2021 by dandandat2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2021 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Ty Xuenchen

posted on May, 13 2021 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Sparkymedic

ivn.us...

For background purposes, the Smith-Mundt Act was established as a prohibition on domestic dissemination of materials intended for foreign audiences by the State Department, also known as propaganda. The thought, and a good one, was to establish a barrier between government agencies and the media, and for 65 years the act stood unchallenged, given the role propaganda is generally reserved for in empowering dictatorial governments.

Fast forward to 2012. Under President Obama, the law was changed with the Smith-Mundt Modernization Act of 2012, an act sponsored by Rep. Mac Thornberry (R- Texas) and Rep. Adam Smith (D- Wash.). The reform was quietly inserted into the 2013 National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA), and effectively nullified the original 1948 act.

posted on May, 13 2021 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Yes, it is biased imo, there is too much talking head, too little journalism.

posted on May, 14 2021 @ 12:07 AM
link   

of course the media is biased. and they have shown it rather well the last several years. and it goes far beyond "the spin" they decide to give any particular story. but even has great effect on just what they will report on at all. as well as how long they will give coverage to any particular story. which runs all the way from ignoring a story, perhaps mentioning it for a few seconds almost as a passing remark, all the way to spending days and weeks covering a story.

just look at cop killings. they will spend days and weeks reporting, and stirring up racist hate, when a black criminal is killed by police. days of front page headline news. as well as many minutes spent discussing it, and reporting it on TV news. yet you rarely if ever hear of a white person being killed by police, outside of possibly local news. just maybe a mention as a passing comment on TV news, or a tiny write up, hidden in the back pages of a newspaper. even though more white people are killed by police. if that is not biased reporting, then what is?

the fact is, it is media that is controlling what many people think, by both their selective and biased reporting. it certainly does not help at all when even other rich western nation's news services all report virtually the same lies, half truths, and biased twisted news. even going so far as to twisting things so much to what they want people to think, that they turn a true story into a lie.

take this one incident as an example. several years back a "bombs" were found near an international airport, early in the morning. the local and country's news services were full of that important story right from the early morning news. reporting on things such as the group who was behind it. the "bomb's" makeup. intended targets. and of course the reasoning for it in the first place.

now as places like North America started to wake up later that evening, i decided to look up the story in North American news to see what they had to say. i thought perhaps they could clear up a couple minor points since English is my first language. what i found astounded me. not only did it not clear anything up, it confused me to the point i had to question if they were even talking about the same event. i then went and looked at English, Western European news. where i found pretty much the same "information". in fact all those European and North American news articles could have ALL been written by the exact same person. much of those reports were almost word for word the same. with just in many cases just minor differences, which gave it a slightly different slant.

even more disturbing was all of the facts that had been well known, and greatly reported on where it happened were completely missing from ALL these western news sources, which were written more than 12 hours after those facts were known. and i feel this was done intentionally. so that what they wanted people to think, would be what the news corporations wanted them to think. no mention at all of the WHO was really behind it. no mention of the "bomb's" makeup. no mention at all about targets. and no mention at all about the WHY it was being done.

in fact by leaving out those known facts they changes a true happening into a giant LIE.

reading most western news sources, led you to believe that it was more muslim terrorism, without actually saying so. some even came right out and called it muslim terrorism.

now here is the thing. if they had included all that known information i have mentioned, it would have been obvious that it was NOT muslim terrorism at all. it was in fact anti Chinese terrorism. here are those pesky facts that ALL North American and European news sources left out, on purpose, so that they could push the propaganda they wanted to push.

it was KNOWN that it was a group of people upset at the lack of government response to Chinese aggression, and doing things like illegally building island bases, harassing and attacking that country's fishing boats, and chasing them off so the Chinese could illegally fish, and get a better haul. china exporting deadly, illegal fireworks, drugs, and things like tainted meat. etc. they admitted to it.

the bombs" were made with illegal Chinese fireworks, and fuel. these illegal fireworks having maimed and killed many people over the years.

the targets were the Chinese embassy, Chinese businessmen, and Chinese businesses (including a huge mall, apparently to be set off in a closed washroom).

isn't it interesting that all that relevant information was strangely missing from articles and news written at least half a day after it was known about? especially when all those news sources had said, hinted, or left people with the impression it was more muslim terrorism?

now here is the other half of it. several days later a friend who was pissed off at me for pointing out this huge media lie, actually found a "correction" in a paper. and tried to use it to say that the media was not lying, "see they corrected it". it was just a tiny write up giving these facts. that was buried at the back of the paper, where most people wouldn't even notice it. where they original story had huge writ ups and was in at least some cases front page news. in other words they cover their asses so they can say "see we were wrong and fixed it". while they have already convinced most people of what they wanted them to think. and most people never even noticing the so called correction of facts well known at the time of writing, put in several days after the fact.

posted on May, 14 2021 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
I have to ask this, as I suspect there may still be at least one or two lefties with integrity here on this site.

Do you think the MSM is biased now in favor of Biden,

Not really.

In general they'll go easy on any president during the first 100 days. I noticed in the latest speeches that CNBC and others were calling him out for his errors. NPR was fact-checking him late in April Admittedly there's far fewer than Trump, but they're calling him out. I've also noticed op-eds saying he may have made a misstep in Afghanistan (etc.)

Factcheck.org has gone after him for errors

Politifact labeled several of Biden's statements as "pants on fire"

Even BBC fact checked him

Trump was prone to dramatic overstatements and over-generalizations which do get labeled as "false'. Biden's not as bombastic in his speech and gets a lot less flack.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join