It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

is the media bias real, or just another "vast right wing conspiracy?"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on May, 13 2021 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I have to ask this, as I suspect there may still be at least one or two lefties with integrity here on this site.

Do you think the MSM is biased now in favor of Biden, just as it was biased against Trump? Or is that just the way "one of them" would see it?
I ask this, as at some point, even the exalted benevolent democrat may find that information that is true and factual may be of importance to the public, rather than sanitized newspeak.

And please don't go down the 'they do it too' road. ALL MSM is tainted. Most for the left, and the few crumbs left are full on to the right.
There doesn't seem to be any real news left. Only propaganda.

So it is real, or just memorex?

+16 more 
posted on May, 13 2021 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Here, I'll help.
Biden comes across as a person that is in stage 4 of Alzheimer's Disease.
Has the media asked if he has Alzheimer's???

+6 more 
posted on May, 13 2021 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Since one of the directors of CNN admitted on audio and video they are a left wing propaganda outlet, I think the question has been settled.

Barring a few independent outlets, the media are nothing but admitted propaganda outlets. And I'm not so sure a few of those little independents aren't part of it as well.

posted on May, 13 2021 @ 02:49 PM
link   
It was always propaganda, but implemented in a much more subtle way, it seems as of late there is some haste in getting the talking points out and therefore obvious errors are made...
People get suspicious when they witness these errors...

I wonder what has happend in the last 5 years that the news are so desperately trying to steer the narrative that they get so heedles and keep stumbling over their own net of lies...

posted on May, 13 2021 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Media is actually siding with the Democrats right now, but once they get more power they will force their chaos on the whole country and they are trying to control both parties by controling society. This isn't new, they used to have rules to stop this from happening, but lately those regulations have been tossed under the bus by the Democrats. I try not to take anything that the major news networks say as true, both sides twist everything these days. I watch the local news which is more politically neutral and avoid CNN and Fox all together.

posted on May, 13 2021 @ 02:59 PM
link   

The 'media' is mostly people who often aren't as smart as they think they are and of course they are part of a group where a certain attitude is expected by their peers, that's the bias we see.

The bs conspiracy is that it would all be one concerted effort. Dumb people write stupid things without anybody having to tell them to be stupid.
Social control is effective with a feedback effect, no master mind with whip required.

posted on May, 13 2021 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

The 'media' is mostly people who often aren't as smart as they think they are and of course they are part of a group where a certain attitude is expected by their peers, that's the bias we see.

The bs conspiracy is that it would all be one concerted effort. Dumb people write stupid things without anybody having to tell them to be stupid.
Social control is effective with a feedback effect, no master mind with whip required.

Aren’t as smart as they think
Certain attitude expected
BS
Dumb people
Stupid people
No mastermind

Yep, sounds like a group of leftist whack jobs to me

posted on May, 13 2021 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Media bias is definitely real and tends to favor the left...

I don't get how anyone can deny this with a straight face. Either that person is a straight up liar and doesn't care or woefully ignorant.

posted on May, 13 2021 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Have they even asked his doctor to give the results of his fitness? You know, like they demanded of Trumps doctor, and then made fun of the doctor for saying Trump was in excellent health.

apnews.com...

www.businessinsider.com...

Now let's look for the white house physician for biden statements on biden's "health".
www.cnn.com...
"President Joe Biden has replaced the controversial White House physician who offered misleading information about President Donald Trump's coronavirus diagnosis"

"Biden has a long history with O'Connor, who served as his physician while vice president. He is a retired US Army colonel who served in the 82nd Airborne Division, the 75th Ranger Regiment, and the United States Army Special Operations Command."
"He administered Biden's physical in 2019 and prepared a report that deemed the then-candidate "healthy" and "vigorous." At 78, Biden is the oldest newly inaugurated president in history."

Vigorous? And they claim that Trumps doctor was providing misleading information, what a joke!

So, I would be extremely interested if anyone can find any actual real tangible reports from the white house physician on bidens heatlh. Does it exist? I think not.

edit on 13-5-2021 by panoz77 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2021 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Here, I'll help.
Biden comes across as a person that is in stage 4 of Alzheimer's Disease.
Has the media asked if he has Alzheimer's???

Better yet, have they demanded to see the result of any medical testing he has undergone?
You know, Apples to Apples and all?

posted on May, 13 2021 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

Right wing media is just as dumb if you're not 'fertile ground' ie want to hear what they tell you.

posted on May, 13 2021 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Well we have talked years ago about the Harvard research that found 98%+ negative Trump, and 90%+ positive liberal in the media...Bias anyone? We also know from the Times article where they basically boasted just how the election was manipulated by social media and news outlets to push everything as negative for Trump and either just not report or spin in a positive way for the liberal side.

Come-on, Biden reopens the children detention centers that Obama built and the media called them Trump detention centers, and today not even a wispier with Biden, might as well throw in building the wall too, as the left has now funded it and Biden has continued building it.

How many liberals on ATS have 1000s of post just how bad Trump's wall is, and nothing from them now too... Lots of wasted time writing those posts I would think...lol

posted on May, 13 2021 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Right wing media is just as dumb if you're not 'fertile ground' ie want to hear what they tell you.

Could be very true, but the liberal media is vastly larger. We could say that Fox is #1, but that doesn't even dent the numbers the liberal #2 though #40 combine hit... Social media is even worse...

posted on May, 13 2021 @ 03:33 PM
link   
nypost.com...
"CNN staffer boasts to Project Veritas that network peddled anti-Trump ‘propaganda’"

"“[Trump’s] hand was shaking or whatever, I think. We brought in so many medical people to all tell a story that was all speculation – that he was neurologically damaged, and he was losing it. He’s unfit to – you know – whatever. We were creating a story there that we didn’t know anything about. I think that’s propaganda,” he said."

"Asked by the ​sleuth if he and CNN were concerned with Joe Biden’s health during the election, Chester said the network had that in mind.​

“Showing him jogging is obviously deflection of his age and they’re [CNN] trying to make it like, ‘Oh, I’m healthy,'” Chester said. "

"“We would always show shots of him [Biden] jogging and that [he’s] healthy, you know, and him in aviator shades. Like you paint him as a young geriatric​,” Chester replied."

VIGOROUS!!!!!!

posted on May, 13 2021 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Dead on it is a right wing conspiracy.

posted on May, 13 2021 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: panoz77
nypost.com...
"CNN staffer boasts to Project Veritas that network peddled anti-Trump ‘propaganda’"

"“[Trump’s] hand was shaking or whatever, I think. We brought in so many medical people to all tell a story that was all speculation – that he was neurologically damaged, and he was losing it. He’s unfit to – you know – whatever. We were creating a story there that we didn’t know anything about. I think that’s propaganda,” he said."

"Asked by the ​sleuth if he and CNN were concerned with Joe Biden’s health during the election, Chester said the network had that in mind.​

“Showing him jogging is obviously deflection of his age and they’re [CNN] trying to make it like, ‘Oh, I’m healthy,'” Chester said. "

"“We would always show shots of him [Biden] jogging and that [he’s] healthy, you know, and him in aviator shades. Like you paint him as a young geriatric​,” Chester replied."

VIGOROUS!!!!!!

That is fairly filthy.
The depths stooped to will not soon be forgotten.

posted on May, 13 2021 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
I have to ask this, as I suspect there may still be at least one or two lefties with integrity here on this site.

Do you think the MSM is biased now in favor of Biden, just as it was biased against Trump? Or is that just the way "one of them" would see it?
I ask this, as at some point, even the exalted benevolent democrat may find that information that is true and factual may be of importance to the public, rather than sanitized newspeak.

And please don't go down the 'they do it too' road. ALL MSM is tainted. Most for the left, and the few crumbs left are full on to the right.

Yup. Media has been surely become more partisan over the decades. It’s been a problems since news networks went to a 24/7 format with many opinion shows. The opinion shows are the money makers for this cable networks and unfortunately has percolated to the news hours mostly because news anchors on any network see their golden ticket to be being placed on a prime time slot.

It’s all about their money and how to retain an audience and the money right now isn’t on being in the middle.
edit on 13-5-2021 by Bunch because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2021 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 13 2021 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Bunch

we appear to be one for two. Congrats on being the one.

posted on May, 13 2021 @ 04:29 PM
link   

The media has always tried to cut down the tall poppy. Especially in America and in regard to its politicians.

There was nothing special about Trump, except that he made himself an easy target.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join