It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secretary of Energy says pipeline is the best transport

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2021 @ 10:14 AM
link   
As we all know, about 10 minutes after Biden took office, he canceled the Keystone XL Pipeline and rejoined the Paris Climate Accord. He also began ordering federal agencies to begin reinstating environmental regulations that Trunp had lifted.
Even CNN Business green-lighted an article criticizing the Keystone XL pipeline shutdown, citing the inevitable disastrous long-term consequences.

If pipelines are so terrible, why is Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm saying emphatically that pipe is the best way to transport fuel.

People criticized Trump for his cabinet member choices, but Biden's are insane. I swear to God it's like watching an episode of South Park.
But it's real!!!

posted on May, 13 2021 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger
As we all know, about 10 minutes after Biden took office, he canceled the Keystone XL Pipeline and rejoined the Paris Climate Accord. He also began ordering federal agencies to begin reinstating environmental regulations that Trunp had lifted.
Even CNN Business green-lighted an article criticizing the Keystone XL pipeline shutdown, citing the inevitable disastrous long-term consequences.

If pipelines are so terrible, why is Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm saying emphatically that pipe is the best way to transport fuel.

People criticized Trump for his cabinet member choices, but Biden's are insane. I swear to God it's like watching an episode of South Park.
But it's real!!!

The problem is Democrat politicians don't really believe the things they say or what their most vocal base wants politically. They know deep down a lot of liberal positions are not realistic.

posted on May, 13 2021 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I hope Whitmer watched this. I suppose now Whitmer will be bitter enemies with Granholm. For Whitmer, it is either you are with me or against me, no in between. Talk about a spoiled brat. Granholm is now on her official #list

posted on May, 13 2021 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

it's like watching an episode of South Park.

What will South Park do to outdo this?

posted on May, 13 2021 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Because she most likely cut a deal with the Canadian company for Enbridge line, or Pipeline 5 years ago and it getting kickbacks.

She is originally from Canada.

posted on May, 13 2021 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Get ready for a very very happy Memorial Day in 2 weeks !!

Enjoy the expense of driving 🙂

and KEEP THOSE MASKS ON !!😀

posted on May, 13 2021 @ 11:56 AM
link   

... People criticized Trump for his cabinet member choices, but Biden's are insane. I swear to God it's like watching an episode of South Park.
But it's real!!!

Definitely not like South Park. South Park would have biting social commentary and would be funny. This is twisted and disturbing.

I was going to say that it was more like an episode of The Twilight Zone, but then I watched the introductions and I think it's more like an episode of The Outer Limits.

Do not attempt to adjust your set (your perspective on truth). We control the transmission (the narrative)...

:
edit on 2021 5 13 by incoserv because: I could.

posted on May, 13 2021 @ 05:04 PM
link   
It's true. Pipeline is the most efficient way to transport a lot of things. But it has to be a safe, efficient pipeline that doesn't do more damage than good. Kind of like batteries for electric cars. We have them now because most people don't understand how insanely damaging to the environment it is to mine and process lithium. "We're saving the planet by driving a Prius / Telsa!" No, you ain't.

Still, a lot of it just depends on who is going to benefit from it. And whether it's Trump or Biden or whoever is next in line for that crappy job of President, they all have their cronies who want some sugar.

posted on May, 13 2021 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

But it's real!!!

The problem is Democrat politicians don't really believe the things they say or what their most vocal base wants politically. They know deep down a lot of liberal positions are not realistic.

Oh, it is realistic for the "right people" to make money. When they close a pipleline, how does the oil get to its destination? Train, ship, and truck. If you want to know why idiot decisions are made it is simple enough to follow the money. Someone's family member, personal friend, or donor is making the money from the "policy". It is as simple as that.
edit on 13-5-2021 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2021 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

originally posted by: Edumakated

But it's real!!!

Oh, it is realistic for the "right people" to make money. When they close a pipleline, how does the oil get to its destination? Train, ship, and truck. If you want to know why idiot decisions are made it is simple enough to follow the money. Someone's family member, personal friend, or donor is making the money from the "policy". It is as simple as that.

A friend of mine brought up an interest thought:
"Does Liz Cheney own stock in oil companies and oil production companies like her father does?"

That got me thinking:
I would say that this pipeline shut down might have been done here at home as a way of someone ordering a punishment for her being removed from GOP leadership. I know that the pipeline was shut down before she was ousted, but if she was using that as a threat to try and force her way to remain in her leadership roll, then it would make sense that the pipeline magically started back up after she was voted out. Let's face it her position right now is pretty pointless to make any threats against major corporations, but last week when this whole pipeline mess started she certainly could make demands to them.

This would explain that stupid comment about it being a "Private Company's issue". Any other President would have been all over the pipeline issue getting it back running. The Biden administration on the other hand acted like they were unaware of issue until they kept getting asked about it. It reminded me of when Inslee was asked about the CHOP/CHAZ in Seattle last year and claimed that he knew nothing about it, when in reality it was shown that he was talking to the organizers two days before hand. I bet Biden and friends knew Liz was going to press the pipeline owners to shut it down to pressure the GOP to drop the removal issue. After she lost her leadership position the pipeline owners decided that Liz was a dead horse and decided that they would rather make money, so they opened it back up.

I could be wrong, but back in 15th century Spain, the elites would shut down harbors just because they didn't like a merchant selling something. It would prevent people from fishing, trading, and businesses along the waterfront. Sure even with the harbor closed the elites would still demand that taxes were paid. The elites back then didn't care about how the average person was affected by their petty games, and 500 years later we can see that nothing has changed.

top topics

join