It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dunkin’ employee charged in death after allegedly hitting customer over slur

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on May, 13 2021 @ 07:49 AM
link   

TAMPA, Fla. (WWSB) - A Dunkin’ employee has been charged with manslaughter after he allegedly punched a man for using a racial slur, causing the victim to fall and hit his head. The victim succumbed to his injuries two days later.

The victim called Pujols a racial slur; Pujols challenged the victim to repeat it, a police report said. The victim repeated the slur and that’s when Pujols punched the victim on the jaw. This knocked the victim out and the victim fell to the floor with his head hitting the floor, police said.

Reading through the comments on these, I've noticed a lot of people who obviously take the media reports as gospel fail to ask one simple question. What did the old man say? No article I've read mentions it and nobody knows. But a black guy got into an altercation with an old white guy and punched him, causing him to hit his head and die.

People are just saying the old man deserved what he got for being a racist. They say their people die all the time by the hand of white people so what does it matter when the roles are reversed. I'm going to wait for the facts to come out, but it looks more like Pujols was told that he sucks at his job, by a man who would have said that to anyone, and he lost his temper, struck the man, and pulled the race card to save his own ill-tempered ass. But I could be wrong. Maybe we'll find out more on this soon.

Story here

Edit to add a small sample of some of the comments to show how stupid people can be.

edit on 13-5-2021 by LSU2018 because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on May, 13 2021 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Don't throw hands if you're not willing to take the ensuing licks.

Racists suck, but hitting old folks? No excuse, his widdle feelz aren't that speshul if he has to cold-cock someone to death over it.

+1 more 
posted on May, 13 2021 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

Racists suck, but hitting old folks? No excuse, his widdle feelz aren't that speshul if he has to cold-cock someone to death over it.

It was an old elderly guy, bet he wouldn't have hit someone who wasn't frail. But was the old man even racist? People in the comments section of that article are telling people to go out and call a black person that and see what happens. CALL THEM WHAT? Lol. Nobody has a clue what the old timer said.

+1 more 
posted on May, 13 2021 @ 07:58 AM
link   

I had a customer call me a beaver once, it appeared to be a slip of the tongue. I started laughing, he started laughing. I don’t let other people’s words hurt or offend me.

Also, bonus, no jail time.

People these days are just angry for their own bad choices IMO.

Sick of the excuses for harming others!

posted on May, 13 2021 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: Nyiah

It was an old elderly guy, bet he wouldn't have hit someone who wasn't frail. But was the old man even racist? People in the comments section of that article are telling people to go out and call a black person that and see what happens. CALL THEM WHAT? Lol. Nobody has a clue what the old timer said.

Which is why I said his widdle feelzies aren't worth much if he had to take a swing at a geezer. It doesn't matter the word, what matters is some stupid POS couldn't control themselves enough to .... think twice before doing something retarded and life-altering.

Hope he enjoys being a cell block honey for the rest of his life. He earned it.
edit on 5/13/2021 by Nyiah because: fat-fingering every key this morning, damn...

posted on May, 13 2021 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: KTemplar
I had a customer call me a beaver once...

Are you Canadian? A bunch of my friends up north constantly call each other 'beave'.

posted on May, 13 2021 @ 08:00 AM
link   

I had a customer call me a beaver once, it appeared to be a slip of the tongue. I started laughing, he started laughing. I don’t let other people’s words hurt or offend me.

Was that like some sort of Freudian slip?

That's hilarious.

posted on May, 13 2021 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Boston.

posted on May, 13 2021 @ 08:03 AM
link   

But was the old man even racist?

It would appear that the person who is bringing " race " into the subject, is actually YOU then.

posted on May, 13 2021 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

It totally was a Freudian slip. Had a great laugh over it!

posted on May, 13 2021 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Murder is murder. Doesn't matter if they molested a child or said a naughty word. Still gotta pay the consequences.

posted on May, 13 2021 @ 08:08 AM
link   

You probably came up in a time where being called a name was just being called a name. You could get mad and embarrass yourself, or you could call the other person a name and then everyone goes about their way. This dude looks young, he's probably 19 or 20 and he obviously can't take criticism. This is the kind of thin skinned, weak-minded product a nanny state produces.

posted on May, 13 2021 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

If he even gets time. He'll have Crump and Sharpton at his street corner fighting for him before the week is out. Inturn, if he's not released from jail, bLM and antifa will be out destroying and looting until he's freed, and the media/democrats still won't be able to see the similarities between that and a terror organization attacking you and threatening you if you don't release their people.

link   

People are just saying the old man deserved what he got for being a racist. They say their people die all the time by the hand of white people so what does it matter when the roles are reversed.

Just an assumption, but I'm pretty sure even Pujols (the guy who did it) doesn't even agree that the old man deserved to die for whatever it was he said.

I can't help but wonder what he would have done if the old man had not repeated the alleged slur. I mean if Pujols challenged him to repeat the slur, and then the old man did indeed repeat it, then isn't that kinda being respectful? It seems it would have been more disrespectful if he had denied saying the slur. So what would have happened had he not repeated it, after he was asked to repeat it? We'll never know.

link   

You probably came up in a time where being called a name was just being called a name. You could get mad and embarrass yourself, or you could call the other person a name and then everyone goes about their way. This dude looks young, he's probably 19 or 20 and he obviously can't take criticism. This is the kind of thin skinned, weak-minded product a nanny state produces.

Remember in the 90's, the big school fad was Yo Mamma competitions? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

That schmuck would not be able to handle those old zingers.

+6 more 
posted on May, 13 2021 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

It would appear that the person who is bringing " race " into the subject, is actually YOU then.

Read the OP or go back to sleep, please.

posted on May, 13 2021 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Why did you need to point out the colour of the skin of the two people involved ?

posted on May, 13 2021 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrokenCircles

People are just saying the old man deserved what he got for being a racist. They say their people die all the time by the hand of white people so what does it matter when the roles are reversed.

Just an assumption, but I'm pretty sure even Pujols (the guy who did it) doesn't even agree that the old man deserved to die for whatever it was he said.

I can't help but wonder what he would have done if the old man had not repeated the alleged slur. I mean if Pujols challenged him to repeat the slur, and then the old man did indeed repeat it, then isn't that kinda being respectful? It seems it would have been more disrespectful if he had denied saying the slur. So what would have happened had he not repeated it, after he was asked to repeat it? We'll never know.

Who knows man. He could have called him a lazy ass kid and was asked to repeat it. Nobody is reporting what the "racial slur" was, just that the old man said it. The way the media works, they're usually all over the racial slur that was used and they're not touching it this time. That usually means the worker couldn't prove he was called a racial slur.

link   

Why did you need to point out the colour of the skin of the two people involved ?

If I ask nicely, will you please stop?

link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I had a customer call me a beaver once...

Are you Canadian? A bunch of my friends up north constantly call each other 'beave'.

Psst, you left leave it to beaver on marathon again last night

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join