It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gretchen orders Canadians to Shut Down Oil Pipeline

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2021 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus

originally posted by: xuenchen
Looks like a coordinated concerted effort to choke-off oil in North America !!!šŸ˜§

Sure does!!! She didnā€™t just decide this randomly. People have already been comparing the lines at the pump to the notorious Carter years( which I well remember).

There's no doubt Biden is Carter 2.0.

posted on May, 13 2021 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
a reply to: kwakakev
If you read into it, she needs a judge to do this.
Alone, she's s.o.l.

LINKS
www.msn.com...
Michigan thinks it is a state issue, which I do not see, but

ā€œGiven this caseā€™s unavoidable foreign-affairs ramifications, federal jurisdiction is not merely permissible but necessary,ā€ Enbridgeā€™s attorneys argue in the Tuesday filing.

It cites four titles from federal statutory law to back up its arguments, including those pertaining to federal court jurisdiction, public lands, shipping and transportation.

The main crux of Enbridgeā€™s argument to remand is that the Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (PHMSA), not the state of Michigan, has regulatory authority over Line 5; thus, only PHMSA could order the shutdown or decommissioning of the pipeline.

www.wxyz.com...

ā€œLine 5 is operating safely, reliably and is in compliance with the law. The State of Michigan has never presented any concrete evidence to suggest otherwise. The US agency in charge of pipeline safety, the Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (PHMSA), has confirmed on multiple occasions that the pipelines are fit for service," the company said in a statement.

A spokesperson went on to say that the issue is currently being litigated in federal court, where both parties have been ordered to work with a neutral mediator.

I also found this interesting, and much more nuanced article: www.enr.com...

The timing to me is what comes as most suspicious. She initially revoked the easement agreement from 1953 back in November, 2020: www.metrotimes.com...

She demanded that the pipeline be closed by this current month of May, back in November; this just happens to coincide with a major pipeline "hack" that disabled a large portion of SE energy. That is worthy of digging into further, IMO.

On the less conspiratorial side of things, Enbridge has provided a very fair solution from what I've read. They have been in the process of constructing new pipeline infrastructure beneath the bedrock of the Straits of Mackinac to replace the 4-mile stretch of older pipeline (they recently received permits to begin pre-construction work back in January):

The Michigan Dept. of Environment Great Lakes and Energy approved Enbridgeā€™s application for the first permits for tunnel preconstruction work in January.

Furthermore, the US agency in charge of regulating pipeline soundness, the Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration, has declared the pipeline fit for service. There are a few scrapes that were discovered by divers on the protective coating, caused by survey work for the new pipeline, meaning the coating has done its job. I believe I also read that a boat anchor had caused a scrape as well, or something along those lines.

Regardless, the solution seems obvious to me. The pipeline has been in service for 68 years and has not faltered. I believe the best path forward would be to keep the pipeline open (as not to cause another energy crises/more panic) while continuing construction on the safer method of transport.

Shutting down the pipeline cold-turkey seems like political pandering to me, or worse, another coordinated attack on America. Either way, I believe she is overstepping her authority, but the federal courts will decide that.

posted on May, 13 2021 @ 11:56 AM
link   

edit on 13-5-2021 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2021 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Dear democrats,

Nobody is willing to pay more/drive less for your fringe environmental issues.

Again, once you reign in China *then* we can start talking about switching over to nuclear.

posted on May, 13 2021 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
a reply to: Gothmog

Michigan has 2.6 million miles of pipeline. Dang, learn something new every day.

Deny ignorance indeed.

I did math, perhaps you didn't get that far down. It was subraction. You know, take the minuend from the subtrahend....or something like that.

No.
You didn't learn this from me
It is ignorance posting from you.

posted on May, 13 2021 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: LetTheColdCome

What I heard/read last fall was that Enbridge gave a timetable, say 4 years to complete.
She wanted it done in two years.
They couldn't do it that fast, and she went for the shutdown.

posted on May, 13 2021 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Well, you know, Whitler can see Canada from her house and all.

posted on May, 13 2021 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

I think the real target is the trucking industry.

Been try'n to tell you people we're under attack. And they're going
right around our guns so not even one shot will be fired.

GAME OVER!
edit on 13-5-2021 by Randyvine because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2021 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus

originally posted by: xuenchen
Looks like a coordinated concerted effort to choke-off oil in North America !!!šŸ˜§

Sure does!!! She didnā€™t just decide this randomly. People have already been comparing the lines at the pump to the notorious Carter years( which I well remember).

There's no doubt Biden is Carter 2.0.
Carter was Tri-lateral Commission. Even my dad knew that in the 80ā€™s.
Heā€™s part of the cabal and he was bought by Opec back in the day.

posted on May, 17 2021 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Well, you know, Whitler can see Canada from her house and all.

Just like Sarah Palin could see Russia from her bedroom window.

Hot dayum.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join