It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dow skids 650 points, tech stocks battered as inflation climbs to highest in 13 years

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2021 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: joejack1949

You source shows the scarcity I discussed, as rates increase it forces people to get in before they get too high.

posted on May, 14 2021 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: joejack1949

You source shows the scarcity I discussed, as rates increase it forces people to get in before they get too high.

I just read quite a few articles about interest rates and housing prices. While there is a strong correlation between low interest rates and booming real estate prices, it doesn't appear there is a strong correlation between rising rates and decreasing prices - I will concede that point.

There are apparently several possible reasons for this. Usually, interest rates only rise when the economy is strong. It's safe to say that a rising tide lifts all boats.

Regarding scarcity, I can't say I've ever lived somewhere with an abundance of real estate. In Canada only 5% of homeowners could afford a mortgage on their property with a 20% down payment. I suppose I introduced my own bias. Given that interest rates are rock bottom and housing prices are insanely high, I can't really conceive how less buying power would cause an increase in price, but what do I know. I'm priced out of my region despite a good job and ample savings.

posted on May, 14 2021 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: joejack1949
Usually, interest rates only rise when the economy is strong.

That's the crux of the issue, the Federal Reserve easy money policy has kept them artificially low even when the economy was booming. They by necessity need to increase.

posted on May, 14 2021 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
4.2% Infaltion

U.S. stock indexes fell sharply Wednesday, after a reading on inflation for the year to April climbed 4.2%, the highest rate in about 13 years, reigniting fears that the Federal Reserve may need to dial back its easy money policies earlier than expected.

That's really all that needs to be said, but the democrats "easy money" and all of their giveaways are tanking the economy and further dismantling the value of the dollar.

The U.S. consumer-price index rose 4.2% from a year ago, compared with average economists estimates surveyed by Econoday for a 3.6% increase. The month-over-month rise was 0.8%, versus a forecast for a rise of 0.2%. Overall, the rise was showed the fastest rate of climb since September 2008.

Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg said the administration understands Americans’ concerns. “We’ve seen that in a lot of the impacted geographies that this is a real issue, and that’s one of the reasons why we’ve been working with every lever of government that’s available,” Buttigieg added.

One of the biggest things we've learned over the past several years is that Washington democrats can tell you exactly what you should have done, but when it comes to them having the power to fix a problem, they can't do anything. They can tell you that they understand your concerns, but that's as far as they get.

This article was originally "DOW slides 500 points" when I began writing it minutes ago, I've had to change the title because it's nearing 700 points now with less than 10 minutes to go before it closes.

So much for the easy money, we've said it a thousand times on this forum, that if you start giving money away and handing away things for free, it's going to kill the economy and the value of our currency. Now here we are.

Thanks for nothing, Joe.

ETA: It closed, down 681.76 points.

I assume you feel the same way about it going back up 700 points the past two days as well... right?

posted on May, 14 2021 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Nothing to see here folks... Under the China Biden administration the U.S. will not produce/manufacture oil, will not produce/manufacture gas or coal, and instead working with China to supposedly combat climate change we will make China richer meanwhile the CCP continues to teach their drone children math, and the sciences meanwhile democrats/progressives will dumb down mostly minorities and eventually even white kids since "math is racist..."

What a bright future the U.S. has under the China Biden administration huh?...

edit on 14-5-2021 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on May, 14 2021 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Are those attempted wise words meant to outset your false claims in which for months you kept claiming "China Biden and your CCP loyalist democrat leaders" will not be doing these drastic changes to the U.S. as you kept claiming China Biden is a moderate?...

edit on 14-5-2021 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on May, 15 2021 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

You in the wrong thread again, bro? You have a quote of me saying this, bro? Or are you confused again, bro?

posted on May, 15 2021 @ 07:14 AM
link   

You in the wrong thread again, bro? You have a quote of me saying this, bro? Or are you confused again, bro?

ROFLMAO...You are not even man enough to admit when you are wrong... Typical...

posted on May, 15 2021 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

ironic considering you couldn't find one quote of me from all those months you claimed I said that.

Sad and pathetic.

posted on May, 15 2021 @ 03:22 PM
link   

ronic considering you couldn't find one quote of me from all those months you claimed I said that

You did say it. I recollect it very well.

posted on May, 15 2021 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer
You did say it. I recollect it very well.

Sure you do. I'll Venmo you $1,000 if you can find it, but you won't since you're both lying. Again.

edit on 15-5-2021 by AugustusMasonicus because: Dey terk er election

posted on May, 15 2021 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Sure you do. I'll Venmo you $1,000 if you can find it, but you won't since you're both lying. Again.

Why bother. Sinced you lied last time you will probably lying again. You would probably conveniently forget you made the offer or something like that.

posted on May, 15 2021 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

It's here for everyone to see, unlike the bull**** quotes you're lying about.

posted on May, 15 2021 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

He never has been. Some people stop maturing psychologically at a very young age.

Joe Biden follows the same pattern. This is the reason Biden is destroying the economy, because of a total lack of responsibility towards fiscal matters, and just wants to tax and spend America right into oblivion and perdition.
edit on 15-5-2021 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2021 @ 09:23 PM
link   

a reply to: purplemer

It's here for everyone to see, unlike the bull**** quotes you're lying about.
Gus, play nice with the other boys and girls!

posted on May, 16 2021 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Canada and U.S real estate is very hard to compare

I would say Canada is most likely when U.S right before there mortgage crisis in 07-08?

For example, myself and several on my friends have made life changing amounts of money owning homes through the last 5 years.

We are taking 200k purchase selling for 900k now, 350 now 1.1 mill

I am worried that I should sell and cash out the equity.

The flip side is it’s like taking the money to leave your homeland in a sense. To actually profit you will need to move to a cheaper area

OR maybe I will rent in the Caribbean who knows...

posted on May, 16 2021 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ADUB77

Treated myself to a baby Ford bronco sport Badands edition!

posted on May, 17 2021 @ 05:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rob808
Gus, play nice with the other boys and girls!

As soon as they back up their comments, which will be never.

edit on 17-5-2021 by AugustusMasonicus because: dey terk er election

posted on Jun, 22 2021 @ 11:19 AM
link   
just bumping the thread because of a recent 41 minute info-video about an expected 20-40% market correction happening before July 22-ish timeline'

MMT modern monetary theory suggests a quick recovery but there will be certain businesses that don't recover by ~5%

i'm hanging onto a particular equity that took 1 1/2 years from issue of $26 to high of $49 and i plan to acquire another 500 units in the surprise flash crash (before 7/22-ish)

my dollar-cost-average is $30 for the $49 stock right now, so i will avoid the insurance risk of buying ~loss options~ against the price collapse of 30%

happy returns to all of youse ATSers that invest in stocks
i still wait for AU to bottom at $1660 in weeks... to buy fractional ounces

ETA: the 'Rumbel' podcast is linked here: usawatchdog.com...

theinterview is with forecaster Nenner
edit on nd30162437929922282021 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join