It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yankees Coaches Nevin, Willits Test Positive For Coronavirus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 01:01 PM
link   
apnews.com...

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) — New York Yankees third base coach Phil Nevin and first base coach Reggie Willits are away from the team after positive COVID-19 tests.

New York announced the positive test for Nevin, who is fully vaccinated, about two hours before the first pitch Tuesday night at Tampa Bay. Willits’ positive test was announced after the Yankees beat the Rays 3-1.

Yeah, bolding is mine. Come on, this dude got the jab in Spring Training so how the hell is he getting the 'Rona? Seems to me that it reinforces my belief that the vaccines are worthless and quite possibly damaging, but that's a story for another day down the road.

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: TheSpanishArcher

So he still has to "quarantine" even with the jab? LOL, people are such suckers.

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: panoz77

I normally stay out of this type of stuff as arguing on the internet does no one any good but come on, he got vaccinated then got the virus? I think I'm not so much of a sucker for NOT getting the jab. What good is it if you can still catch the virus?

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 01:32 PM
link   
and you know whats the usual response to this " its not for preventing you from getting it, its only to keep you away from hospital " as if the millions who got it around the world went to hospital, yeah the jab is a warm up thingy, how about taking care of your immune system for a start SMH

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheSpanishArcher
a reply to: panoz77

I normally stay out of this type of stuff as arguing on the internet does no one any good but come on, he got vaccinated then got the virus? I think I'm not so much of a sucker for NOT getting the jab. What good is it if you can still catch the virus?

but...but...you may not get it as bad.

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheSpanishArcher
apnews.com...

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) — New York Yankees third base coach Phil Nevin and first base coach Reggie Willits are away from the team after positive COVID-19 tests.

New York announced the positive test for Nevin, who is fully vaccinated, about two hours before the first pitch Tuesday night at Tampa Bay. Willits’ positive test was announced after the Yankees beat the Rays 3-1.

Yeah, bolding is mine. Come on, this dude got the jab in Spring Training so how the hell is he getting the 'Rona? Seems to me that it reinforces my belief that the vaccines are worthless and quite possibly damaging, but that's a story for another day down the road.

More and more, I'm seeing people in denial about exactly what they just got themselves into or full on regretting getting the jab. A guy's wife went blind and the daily life of a healthy and fit woman in her 30s has chanhed for who knows how long. They are two of the people who are very vocal about their Vax Regret on Twitter. Many are realizing just how badly they got scammed.

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 02:02 PM
link   
The jab reduces your getting a serious case of covid by ninety five percent. It does not stop you from getting covid, just somewhat shortens the amount of time it is being transmitted to others to maybe five days.

The only way they get that percentage is to include in it the fact that at least eighty some percent of people who get the virus do not get covid from it in the first place, something they now adopted. So from now on the flu vaccine will also probably have this change done to bring it's effectiveness against a serious flu event and tout that it is ninety five percent effective rather than the fifty percent average that they usually have been saying it has. Another words they are twisting things to make things inadequately look better. This vaccine is more of a deception than it truly protects people.

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Yea after 4 years of boomer this or boomer that, now we get.

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
The jab reduces your getting a serious case of covid by ninety five percent. It does not stop you from getting covid, just somewhat shortens the amount of time it is being transmitted to others to maybe five days.

The only way they get that percentage is to include in it the fact that at least eighty some percent of people who get the virus do not get covid from it in the first place, something they now adopted. So from now on the flu vaccine will also probably have this change done to bring it's effectiveness against a serious flu event and tout that it is ninety five percent effective rather than the fifty percent average that they usually have been saying it has. Another words they are twisting things to make things inadequately look better. This vaccine is more of a deception than it truly protects people.

I agree 100% paging Dr.Copperfield, it's all been misdirection, sleight of hand, and propaganda. We don't know how vaccinations may have altered the normal virus trajectory or if it works enough to even warrant getting the jab.

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Yeah definitely right, people seem to think that antibodies just run around forever in your body looking for pathogens without considering the immense energy cost that would create. The pathogen has to bind cells first to signal the cells to initiate the antibody and cell mediated response.

I honestly have no idea what they will do for a virulent influenza pandemic. Imagine if it was influenza A, the incubation period is too quick to vaccinate like we are doing now. Plus, increased mutation rate combined with passing through birds, poultry, and livestock, it would be a nightmare.

You would almost have to quarantine specific regions, no vaccination in those areas, and then vaccinate areas surrounding those areas and hope no one got out and started to spread it everywhere.

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: TheSpanishArcher

originally posted by: TzarChasm
The vaccine ONLY promises that you probably definitely maybe hopefully won't die if you get sick.

That's a reply about the vaccine in a thread yesterday from the local Branch Covidian representative.

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: DarkestConspiracyMoon I have several close friends and family who are now regretting having the jab and are refusing to have their 2nd and 3rd repsectively. My grandfather had his 2nd jab and had a horrifying case of total amnesia.
What's bugged me is some of my family have been trying to encourage me to have it even though I am a high risk pregnancy. They don't respect my wishes which disturbs me a little

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Mysterychic88

Don’t let them get to you, your immune system is a tank right now if you’re pregnant, boosted responses and more controlled inflammation if you get sick. The decision to get vaccinated is between you and your doctor. No patient should be forced or coerced into a treatment. Do what you feel is best for you and the baby.

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheAMEDDDoc

Yeah definitely right, people seem to think that antibodies just run around forever in your body looking for pathogens without considering the immense energy cost that would create. The pathogen has to bind cells first to signal the cells to initiate the antibody and cell mediated response.

I honestly have no idea what they will do for a virulent influenza pandemic. Imagine if it was influenza A, the incubation period is too quick to vaccinate like we are doing now. Plus, increased mutation rate combined with passing through birds, poultry, and livestock, it would be a nightmare.

You would almost have to quarantine specific regions, no vaccination in those areas, and then vaccinate areas surrounding those areas and hope no one got out and started to spread it everywhere.

What is the possibility of the spike proteins created in the cells by the mRNA attaching to another virus and causing that virus to be more active and harder to treat?

posted on May, 13 2021 @ 06:51 AM
link   

So you’re asking if other viruses can get gain of function by incorporating the spike protein from the vaccine or the virus?

I don’t think it’s possible outside the lab. The virus evolved that entry to help its genes enter its target cells. Limited space and all these genes need to work together and supplement one another to reproduce. Plus, picking up a protein wouldn’t incorporate like it would want, it would just bind (if it even could) to some structure or moiety on the surface of the virus and maybe impair it’s intended function. For it to reliably incorporate, it would need to be integrated genetically. Plus it’s not compete spike protein, it’s pieces that we considered as having a limited ability to mutate and would prevent cell entry when bound with antibody unless taken up by an antigen presenting cell. Even if it was a functional spike, the MHC complexes that present antigen would start breaking it down and inactivating it, tailoring it to the adaptive cells for recognition, to help the body in finding its viable antibody response in binding that specific structure.

The viruses that actively incorporate genes are giant viruses which are in a weird place in between virus and living organism. Two coronaviruses can undergo recombination and share genes if they coinfect a cell. Some form of that is probably what started the pandemic.

Remember when everyone was freaking out over Zika because of protein shedding showing up in tests? They were incomplete and non functional pieces of proteins that happened to show up. The same thing applies here, non functional pieces after the vaccine or after infection, remaining and being cleaned up or removed.

top topics

join