It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gas Shortages down South already

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2021 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Halfswede

originally posted by: ColoradoTemplar
a reply to: JAGStorm

Hahaha I'm sure it's coming.

Gas is $2.89 a gallon today in Colorado Springs and no lines or sense of urgency it seems.

Just wait for the news to stir up some panic

I'm sure it's coming.

edit on 11-5-2021 by ColoradoTemplar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2021 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

We're planning to sell our home in Smyrna and move to LA that is lower Alabama. Somebody turn off the lights. Bye

posted on May, 11 2021 @ 09:36 PM
link   

posted on May, 11 2021 @ 09:43 PM
link   
It's gonna hit

od the US.

I am up in the North Woods and it is at 2.89$

The guy who owns the gas station and family owned over 20+ years, says it will reach 4.00$ a gallon up here.

Ya'll are in for higher prices down there.

I really think this all was planned.

There are a lot of moving parts within the world happenings.

We are seeing the disabling of the whole worlds financial stability.

If you live in the USA, expect things to get really tight.

Then we have all of the extra folks coming over the border.

That alone will hurt small towns and cities.

I see a really hard time ahead.

Nothing can stop what's coming.

Be Well All.

posted on May, 11 2021 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Never realized how many other folks from Bama are on here lol.

posted on May, 11 2021 @ 10:18 PM
link   
North Alabama here... for the past month or so, gas here has been running $2.659. Yesterday I found out about the problem through a friend and stocked up... made sure the lawn mower and tractor were full, filled up the gas can and the car. The price was still $2.659 a gallon, but the station was covered up. No lines, but I got the last free pump, and every time someone pulled out, someone else pulled in within a couple minutes. Saw a guy I know while I was there; he said this was his second trip that day.

Today I drove by and the same station was advertising $2.759. It was still busy.

I normally make 1-3 trips to town a week. My can will fill up both my mower and my tractor, and I normally fill up the mower maybe every other month. Not sure about the tractor, but it won't see much use once I finish tilling the last of my garden, and a full tank should easily finish that. So it won't affect me that much, at least for some time.

We'll survive this, but prices are going to skyrocket while we do. Places like California, Washington, New York, New Jersey, where they normally pay a premium price for gas, are gonna feel it too eventually, and they're going to have some serious issues when that happens. This is what happens when a country is not energy independent.

And don't forget, fuel costs drive inflation across the board. As the price of gas goes up, so will the price of diesel. When the price of diesel goes up, so will shipping costs, and that will drive up the price of everything. Nothing hits the stores without being transported, some things over ten times before they arrive. So expect those shipping costs to go way up. Looks like some people scared of the Chinese virus might have to do without or actually start going to town again to cut down on shipping costs.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 11 2021 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Not sure about things here, but husband is getting ready to tank us up tomorrow because I expect this will ripple out to us even though our supply lines should remain operational.

What really sucks is that we have to be on the road for some serious travel the next two weekends.

posted on May, 11 2021 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Not sure about things here, but husband is getting ready to tank us up tomorrow because I expect this will ripple out to us even though our supply lines should remain operational.

What really sucks is that we have to be on the road for some serious travel the next two weekends.

I think this is interesting timing, right as people get ready for summer vacations...

posted on May, 11 2021 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Picked some up. No lines, only two other cars and nobody across the street where it's more expensive. $3.34, so a dollar more expensive than it was a few months ago.

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 12:09 AM
link   
For the most part around the GR metro, gas IS up, tangoing with the $3 line ($2.95 seems average at first glance) I'm pretty sure it's up about 30 cents over the last week and a half to two weeks, so not directly tied to this shortage. But I'm pretty sure it's going to go up all the same at some point & the pipeline'll get the blame.

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
a reply to: xuenchen

Energy Sec. Jennifer Granholm says that the current gasoline situation is a "supply crunch," not a "gasoline shortage." ROFLMAO 🤣🤣

she put some spin on that baby didn't she.

supply crunch is a 10 dollar 2x4 or a 50 dollar sheet of plywood when they have stacks and stacks of them at lowes. shortage is when there's none to be had any where.

Yeah, she went a bit ham on the English there, can't spin that cue ball off in a different direction fast enough.

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I smell a Beijing Biden False Flag. He's buying gas from Buresma.

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 04:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

How dare you fill up your gas cans and prepare for disaster, now I won't be able to get gas because of you! Quit hoarding it!

J/K! Sorry i had to do the leftist lash out about people preparing ahead of time, sort of like the toilet paper crap we had to go through last year. Yes, i talked to many who didn't prepare and some people had no food, so yeah i am for preparation! Good on you for thinking ahead, this could be why my husband ran out and filled up specific gas cans as well.

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Problem with all this gas hoarding is the fact the gas will go bad after awhile especially in hot humid places. You need to add a stabilizer if you plan on storing it a long time. Also I see idiots putting it in receptacles i.e. plastic bags, with no way of pumping it back into the car. Idiots.

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Talking with people about this issue, I found many not even known about it.

That could be the reason why we don't have big lines in gas stations yet.

Wait for the weekend to see the mess.

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Ya'll sound like a bunch of skerd rabbits. Luckily I have provided a handy-dandy video so you can avert this catastrophy in the making.

Please follow the nuances and I am NOT advocating for any illegalities. This is merely an FYI for those willing to adapt and overcome.

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 07:28 AM
link   
It's a shame, skyrocketing gas prices really hurt the poor and minorities the most.

I'm sure the Biden administration will be all over it. Oh wait.....

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I have a business where we go to people's homes to spray for Mosquitos. It takes gas to get the vans moving. This could be a large issue for that kind of business. We aren't the only one's in that boat.

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: 38181
Problem with all this gas hoarding is the fact the gas will go bad after awhile especially in hot humid places. You need to add a stabilizer if you plan on storing it a long time. Also I see idiots putting it in receptacles i.e. plastic bags, with no way of pumping it back into the car. Idiots.

So we are going towards a toilet paper type crisis.

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Just wait for hurricane season!

Then it'll really skyrocket, just like it did under Obama and they'll blame the storms.

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter
This is a MAJOR happening and there aren't enough people taking the Biden admin to task over it.

This is CRITICAL infrastructure and Biden's team is doing NOTHING about it. They're calling it "a private sector issue".

Good point. Imagine something like this happening under Trump. Dems would be in a frenzy showing people on the sides of roads, claiming that those people ran out of gas and were on the verge of death if Trump doesn't do something. Sort of like they did when he shut the government down (something that's happened often) and they showed government workers "fighting for their lives" because they were supposedly starving due to not working.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join